Old 03-20-2006, 02:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/169/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Carmen Electra video?

Hey girls! I was just wondering if anyone out there has tried Carmen Electra's strip tease work out video I saw her talk about it on some E! celebrity show and it looks...um...fun! Not to mention my fiance practically started drooling when I mentioned the idea to him ::laughs:: Just curious if it's any good as an actual workout. Not that I would ever do it in public or anything...
PandyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:25 PM   #2  
...future runner...

S/C/G: 215/193.6/135

I've seen the commercial, but not the actually video. If that's all she does to keep in shape it's a good buy...
rosiek2277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:26 PM   #3  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

PandyCat - I've heard bad and good. From what i heard only one of the video's you actually get a workout in, and it isn't any of the "strip" ones.

I have one of them and to me it's a bit of too much cheese. Maybe rent it and see if you like it before buying them...

But if you think about it... anything is better then nothing.

rOsie - That is def not the only thing she does to keep in shape. She just wants to sell her video.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:30 PM   #4  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

I have all 5 of them and wish I wouldn't have wasted my money. I bought the 4 pack (#'s 4 & 5 are on the same DVD) thinking they would be a good workout and "fun" as I do generally not like to exercise and am always looking for ways to make it fun. There isn't hardly any cardio and it seemed very slow to me. Alot of stretching and focusing on certain muscle groups, but nothing too spectacular. If you are wanting to learn how to do a strip tease or lap dance then it definately shows you how to do that - complete with high heels in one of the videos.

When I work out I like to work up a good sweat and at least know that I have done something and these just didn't do that for me. I figure they aren't intended to - I mean who really wants someone all sweaty giving them a strip tease or lap dance....
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:35 PM   #5  

Height: 5'3

I have the first 3 and I enjoyed them, but I dont think the striptease ones are much of a workout. I had fun, but I didnt sweat. I'd recommend getting them from a friend or try them out from blockbuster online or netflix. I used their 2 week free trial to try lots of videos.
shawnamadonna1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

My friend owns numbers 1&2. She's been doing #2, as that's more of a WORKOUT. I watched them through with her, and yeah, some of the moves looked challenging, but not really SWEAT-INDUCING.

I stick to cardio dance, which I love. The crunch series is a lot of fun!
kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:26 PM   #7  

If you learn the routines and just do them over and over then it's a good workout. Just the full routine part- not the instruction parts. But if you just do the DVD "as is" then it's not really anything that will get your heart rate up but it is fun.

I use the first video on the days when I don't feel like exercising but I want to do something.
CheeseBurger&Thighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 11:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/169/130

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for all the info ladies! I may swing by Blockbuster sometime and rent one, just to try it out. I really like working up a good sweat, so this seems like it'd be a bit too tame for me. Though I guess if I ever need to learn how to do a lap dance I should keep it in mind
PandyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 12:59 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Though I guess if I ever need to learn how to do a lap dance I should keep it in mind
LOL!!! That's what my boyfriend said!
kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 11:17 AM   #10  
Movin' and Losin'

I have the first DVD. I love learning the routine and actually doing it, but I feel like it's more for fun and not an actual cardio workout. I'd like to try out the other DVDs, but solely for the purpose of learning new dances.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 236/230/140

I have the first one and it's not much fun. I will not be getting the rest.
buckneram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 09:36 PM   #12  

I actually just bought the dvd's today at Costco. (I wish I would have seen this thread beforehand!). My friend and I are going to split on them. I watched the first one and was trying to do it along with her, and it was lots of fun. Personally, I'd love to be a bit more sexy in my dancing, lol and give my bf a bit of a thrill. I'm one of those people that will only dance at a club lol with a lot of liquor! So anyways, I think I'll have lots of fun with this at home alone! Hahaha the guy who was ringing it through was like wtf is this!
Linds81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 08:40 PM   #13  
I restore Teeth.

I own #2, and its a workout!! USe it!
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 08:45 PM   #14  

Don't waste the money. I had all 5. It's pretty cheesy and not a workout at all. I guess it just isn't for me. You'd be better off spending the money on some actual fitness trainer's videos. Jillian Michael's has a 5 DVD set that you can get off Amazon for about $35 and it is a workout!!
hzrdus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:06 PM   #15  
J.Depp=Male Perfection

I tried and didn't like.
n2lose is offline   Reply With Quote