Old 03-06-2006, 06:28 PM   #1  
It's 2014, I need help!

S/C/G: 298/298/180

Default need advice - unrelated to weightloss

I have a situation:

My boyfriend and I know this girl who is driving both of us crazy. She dated my b/f's friend years ago.. they broke up, got back together for a bit last year sometime, but he said he didn't feel the same way about her.. so they broke up - but not according to her. She's constantly talking about him, wants to know what he's doing, who he's with, etc.. wants my b/f to get gossip for her, when he really doesn't give a crap. That's all she ever talks about.. and now she's making comments to me like 'if only you weren't with your b/f' - meaning she'd have him.. which makes me laugh cause he can't stand this girl.
Normally I have no problem telling people where to go (if you catch my drift), but this girl is so naive i'm afraid to say anything.. ALL DAY she says she wants this guy back, (even though he has blocked her from EVERYTHING - and they havn't talked since november!!!) she won't give up, and we're both tired of hearing about it..
what can I say to her to get the hint? Both my b/f and I have been blunt, but it isn't working..

HELP!!!!!!!
Megan2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 06:58 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I am not very nice when it comes to stuff like this. I've been in similar situations where I have said to the person to stop it and they don't. I ended up just ingnoring her when she'd talk about it, literally not answering her when she'd ask a questin, she got the hint eventually. I am very intolerant though, so this may not be the kind of thing that you'd do.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:41 PM   #3  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

oohhh tough one.

i think bluntness is the only way you can approach this. you have to tell her that she needs to move on and get over him. i know what it is like when your intentions are not returned and have pined away myself back in my youth for that one guy you can't get over - but she needs to move on.

sorry i couldn't be of more help
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:20 PM   #4  
Step AWAY from the Cake!

S/C/G: 230/220/145

The one question running through my head is, if she's being this annoying and won't shut up about her ex (and she's hinting that she's after your bf, as well!) why do you continue to hang out with her? Sometimes if a person is just no longer fun to be around, if being around them is just constant annoyance and work, it's better just to break it off.

If, however, you want to keep this friend, then the only thing to do is tell her what's what. Be as blunt as possible, because she apparently hasn't gotten the clue yet, so the only way she's going to wrap her head around this one is if you make it as clear and forceful (short of smacking her with a 2X4 or something) as possible. But that's just my opinion.
ncola is offline   Reply With Quote