Old 02-28-2006, 11:30 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I would be furious of Brokeback Mountain won, because I thought it was pretty boring and I think if it did win it would definitely be about politics and not actual quality. Crash was amazing and thought-provoking, but certianly not the sort of movie I would have anticipated in the Best Movie category! All around, Capote was the best film and is the only one that deserves to win.

And come on people, we can't let homosexuals get married because we have to preserve the sanctity of Britney Spears' drive-through day-long marriage.
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:57 AM   #17  
Step AWAY from the Cake!

S/C/G: 230/220/145

Just one last thing about the whole gay marriage thing, and then I'm through...

I think that we're going to see a huge backlash within the next few years, after Bush is (finally!) out of office. Government was not designed to rule over moral issues, but to establish basic order, and I think once we get a Democrat (or some relatively liberal Republican) in office we're going to see a shift away from these issues that are unrelated to the running of government and instead see a focus on... I don't know, call me crazy... actually running the country.
ncola is offline   Reply With Quote