Old 02-17-2006, 02:20 PM   #1  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Default Fitday

Who here uses fitday?
why do you use fitday? (calorie/fat/carb count/water count/exercise/calories burned etc..)
Do you feel that it says you burn so much more calories than you would ever try to eat as your sure you would gain weight?

whats with that the average adult only burns 2000 kcals, but fitday says I burn like 400 more than that.
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 02:21 PM   #2  
44lbs gone!

my fitday is in my sig, I find it so damn useful but so confusing
Old 02-17-2006, 02:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 166/147/135

Fitday thinks I burn around 3400 calories per day with exercise. I think it's crazy in that regard though. I eat around 1100-1200 calories most days and I only lose 1 pound per week. If I really burned 3400 calories per day then I would lose a pound every day and a half. Not happening, so I figure that fitday must be wrong.

I use it so that I know how much I eat. It keeps me more in control of my diet if I have to be forced to type in what I ate for that day. I also like the graphs.
LaurenDougherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 02:26 PM   #4  
44lbs gone!

SNAP! I love the graphs! and using it to keep track of what I eat
Old 02-17-2006, 02:57 PM   #5  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I got the pc version. it made me crazy though because mathematically I should have been buring more. I used the online version before that, It wasn't bad either. I just used the weight log now so I can see the graph of how much I've lost. It is a good tool if you don't let the numbers get to you.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 05:54 PM   #6  
(Male)

Height: 5'9.5"

I use it every day to record what I eat, whether I am "dieting," bingeing, or whatever. It's just something that keeps me from letting myself go. This whole thing about it overestimating calories burned is new to me, but it might be true. According to fitday, I should have lost 4 lbs in 4 weeks, but really I only lost 2-3 (depending on the day.)
Jman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 07:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

I have it, and I like it a lot. Don't have the PC version, though. I track my daily caloric intake, and also my exercise. It's showing me burning a lot of calories a day, but that's only because I am heavier than "normal"...lol
kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 07:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I use it to record food (I count calories) and exercise. I find my calories burned to be fairly accurate. The walking ones are acutally low compared to the treamill. I have my lifestyle set at seated and add in sleep. That reduces your calories burned ALOT. I really like the graphs too.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 07:22 PM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I use it almost daily for a weight log and for calories. I have the PC version which I bought back when I had dial-up and still find it very handy to not have to go on the Net all the time. ( I think the calories burned section is pure crap, by the way, and just ignore it.)
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 09:02 PM   #10  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

i did use fitday for a while but found the descriptions used for food and for exercise were unrealistic for me. i had to manually enter a lot of custom foods to really get the calories i was eating and didn't feel the descriptions for exercise were what i was doing. perhaps because it is US info for the food.

i have created my own spreadsheet now for both exercise and food and use that instead.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 09:48 PM   #11  
Mom to an active 1 yr old

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeleyezx
Who here uses fitday?
why do you use fitday? (calorie/fat/carb count/water count/exercise/calories burned etc..)
Do you feel that it says you burn so much more calories than you would ever try to eat as your sure you would gain weight?

whats with that the average adult only burns 2000 kcals, but fitday says I burn like 400 more than that.
I have fitday pc, and I love it for keeping up my calories. I also track my weight loss and measurements....The pc version is a lot better than the internet version. Its pretty accurate for me because I customize everything, I have lost 15 pounds using it so far.
Alaynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 06:04 AM   #12  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

I used Fitday a number of months ago (online version only). Not right now because I don't have reliable computer access and not enough time to post and check everything.
Liked it, though I was always sceptical about their calorie counts.
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 06:20 AM   #13  
44lbs gone!

omg Thank you StacyLambert!! I didnt think of putting in sleep to reduce my calories that I burn, its starting to look more normal, like 1997 a day! even thought If I ate that amount I know Id gain! woohoo!

Thanks everyone aswell!
Old 02-18-2006, 01:40 PM   #14  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I use fitday to record everything I eat and keep track of calories (and sometimes keep an eye on nutrients and fat %), but I completely ignore the part that tells me how many calories I'm burning because it is grossly inaccurate (for me, anyway, even when I add sleep). I do like it for my plan though--I'm doing calorie cycling, so I enter my calories each day, and it's just 2 clicks to find out my daily average calories for a week at a time

Oh, and I have added about a million custom foods--it's a pain at first, but once you have evetered everything you use on a regular basis, it's all right there, so it makes life easier I still enter some things tht aren't on my list when I buy new things at the store or whatever, but most of what I normally use (my lean chicken, my veggie burgers, my wheat buns, my wheat pasta, my cereal, my Special K bars...) are all in there now
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 01:21 PM   #15  

i usually make the fitday window smaller, and put the calorieking window right next to it and make sure the calories are the same. calorieking has a ton more foods, and more brand name foods, so i know that the calories are the same. usually when i'm eating something, i will look at the serving size and calories, so that when i log it into fitday, i know that it's the right amount of calories.

example, a large WW tortilla is definitely more calories than the ones that i buy, so i make sure to say that i'm only eating a medium tortilla (when actually i'm eating a large one) because the calories are more accurate. i don't really go by the calories burned because i find that inaccurate, and go more by what the gym says. i like *********** better for their fitness because they have more options with exercising.

if we could have calorieking's food database and ***********s exercise database in fitday's format, life would be good!!!
chicagoposter is offline   Reply With Quote