Old 02-15-2006, 08:04 AM   #31  

We ended up skipping Valentine's last night... cancelled our reservation and stayed in. I've been pretty sick since Sunday, and I realized that I don't really want to go and eat expensive food if I can't taste it... But we had a nice night in anyway.

One of my roommates (of four) took a super-long shower this morning, knowing full well the other three of us needed to shower too..... And now there's not hot water. Boo on her for that! (grumble grumble)

Anyway, off to face the day...
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:13 AM   #32  

Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a good valentines day. Brit, feel better soon! I woke up yesterday to find some chocolates from the boys I live with to me and my other housemate. I had to be restrained 'cos I'm sharing them so I can't sit in my room and scoff the lot. It was super sweet of them, but it made me feel bad 'cos I've been grumbling recently about them not washing up .

Anyway, so far today's been good. I tried out a new workout yesterday and I'm pretty sore (it was worse after sitting still for an hour in a lecture), but it must be doing something right because I'm down 2lbs from last week .
NoSenseOfAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:40 AM   #33  
Chuggin' along...

Hi ladies,

Valentine's day was very nice. Last night I arrived at BF's to find a dozen roses, chocolate, and a lovely card, and then he cooked me dinner and we spent the night in. Of course I had a few of the chocolates last night, and a few this morning. I'm bringing the rest to the office later today to share with everyone. Hopefully I don't eat too many before I get there!

Puppy update - poor dog! BF took him to the vet a few days ago for the "dry skin" and the vet says he's got mites and skin infections up to wazoo. He's on lots of meds right now and not very energetic. I just have to vent - my roommate is being very ungracious about me & BF keeping the dog on the porch or in the bathroom when BF's visiting me. He doesn't have run of the house, he's not chewing or damaging anything, not going to the bathroom on things, etc. This after I feed her cat 3-4 days every single week when she leaves town, sometimes driving the 35 miles in the morning just to feed her cat when I've spent the night at BF's. Grr.

I keep snacking too much in the afternoon. Or not eating what I want and then eating 5 other things that make a lot more calories than the thing I originally wanted. I've been pushing myself to keep going to the gym but I've gotta get the food under control.

Brit, I hope you feel better! Roommates can be very inconsiderate at times. I totally empathize (see vent above!).

ncola, wooo, BF really outdid himself! You're very lucky. Oooh the orchestra, I'm jealous!

fuller, that's really scary. I hope you start feeling better soon.

How was everyone else's holiday?
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 10:55 AM   #34  
Step AWAY from the Cake!

S/C/G: 230/220/145

Dude, I was soooo bad last night. I totally went off track of my diet. but it was sooooo good. I've given up sugary beverages like soda, but I had 2 glasses of coke last night, and a strawberry daquirri. Yum! I porked out on tortilla chips and a steak "borderito" with rice and beans and cheese and grease and everything. I couldn't even eat the whole thing! I'm letting the bf finish the other half off today so I won't be tempted.

Tonight is day 2 of Valentines extravaganza. Bf is having dinner ready when I get home, then we get to dress up all pretty (it's been soooo long since I've worn anything but jeans and sneakers) and go to the orchestra. I'm stoked.. . though I'm really worried that my bf won't like it. He's not exactly fond of the finer things in life!

I need to get back on track with my exercising. I realllly wanted to go to the gym yesterday, but so many things popped up so there was no time. I haven't gone to the gym since Saturday! And I have so much stuff to do that who knows when I'll have time to squeeze it in. Ugh!

Anyways, hope you all had a blast yesterday, and that today is going swell as well!
ncola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:51 AM   #35  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, ladies. Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day!

We're doing our celebrating tonight at our favorite Italian restaurant. I'm excited.

Because BF had to work late and play volleyball yesterday, we didn't do much. We exchanged gifts (BF got me a really cute purse), and I made dinner. The mini chocolate molten cakes turned out wonderful! BF was going on and on about them. Plus, they were really easy. For not really liking chocolate, I even thought they were pretty tasty. (Thanks for letting me know about having trouble getting them out of the pan. I made sure the plan was sprayed well and used a knife to loosen the edges before I got them out.)

I finally tried out a class at the gym yesterday. I've been a member for more than a year, and that was my first class. Sometimes I'm a chicken about trying new things. I was feeling brave, so I tried out a cardio sculpt class. It was fun, but I really didn't feel like I worked out that hard. Maybe it was because I was having fun? I think I'll try being brave more often and check out other classes.

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 12:28 PM   #36  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Happy HumP day!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 02:25 PM   #37  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Happy belated Vday all... sounds like for the most part it was a great holiday across the board. DH brought me home a single longstem red rose, the most perfect card and 2 chocolate donuts (sounds simple but I had been saying I was craving donuts last night - it is nice to know he listens.) Then we had wine and chocolate covered strawberries in bed during his lunch break while he insisted we watch a chick flick "Just like Heaven," since it was Valentines day. We had to celebrate during the day since we both had to work that night. I ate the donuts and the choch covered strawberries, and we also went out and got chinese food ( I know bad bad bad) But on the upside I made myself go to the gym last night and put in an hour and a half of vigorous cardio to kind of make up for it. I will be away on business till Sunday. Its going to be a real challenge...I am bringing my free weights but I am sure my hotel has no gym... ALso my meals are being comped so I can eat anywhere I want and just turn in the receipt. This equals disaster... One one hand I can be OP and use it to buy higher priced meals that are good for me Salmon etc... On the other hand I am going to be in a big city (I now live in a small town with no good places to eat) and I am afriad my will power won't keep me away from Italian pasta. Also my photographers fee is a little smaller for this trip since they are comping my meals so I need to get my moneys worth out of it...I hope you all have a fabulous week!!!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 02:43 PM   #38  

heyeveryone i am back once a gain.. i got an apartment and interent in my apartment.. soo i have more chances to get on here and talk.. dieting yeah blech its kinda weird i work in a gas station.. so all that "prepared food" its good and i eat alot of it.. even though i know its bad for me..

o and on top of that my divorce was final on the 13th
sugarbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 05:38 PM   #39  

Hey guys!! Wow your Valentine's days sound great!! BF and I are celebrating on Friday since we're living two hours apart now. I'm soooo excited I love special nights!!

I made a decision to move in with him for the summer at least. At first I thought we needed to be engaged, but it was putting too much pressure on us. We've been dating over a year and a half, but I think we need a little more time. Plus who can beat living in a free house?!?! WOOHOO NO RENT! So now we're having cute conversations about furniture and whatnot. He's moving in in a month and I'll follow at the end of May.

In other news I have plantar facilitis. For those of you who have never ever heard of that (LIKE ME) its also called "heel spur syndrome". You can get it from running (damn you, exercise!!) and pretty much your heel just hurts something awful with every step. I've had it for about a week, so I'm getting used to the pain I've still been doing the elliptical and aerobics (that's probably not so good), but I can't run which actually really upsets me. And they told me not to wear heels. HA! I wanted to tell the Doctor to buy me some shoes then cause all I have are heels/heeled boots, sneakers, and sandals. Anyhow, so THAT kinda sucks!

I hope everyone has a great weekend- almost there!
AndreaHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 05:45 PM   #40  
12 pounds lost in 2006

I don't have much time to read posts right now or write much (really busy at work), but just wanted to say "PLEASE SEND ME VIBES TO STOP EATING CHOCOLATE!!!" it's almost TOM and I keep snacking on chocolate. Uggghhhh!!!
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 06:06 PM   #41  
Living the Laguna life...

Jess --
STOP EATING CHOCOLATE. There's your vibe.
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 06:28 PM   #42  

Tonight was soup-making night... I finished off the chili I had in the freezer so I needed to restock. This time I made a giant pot of black bean and chicken soup... actually a recipe I found on the boards over in the WW recipes section. It's pretty awesome. Makes the whole house smell yummy!

I feel so lazy being sick... I can't wait to get better so I can go be active again. It's funny, I resisted exercise for so long, and when I finally tried it I realized I really liked it. Too bad I didn't discover that a long time ago.

Okay, one more day of classes and then WEEKEND. Huzzah!
Old 02-15-2006, 09:56 PM   #43  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

My Valentines was amazing. Any day to give me an excuse to spend more quality time with my lover... is a good day.

I did horrible this week fitness wise. I've been sick, i finally got over it the other day, but today i woke up with chest congestion! :/

I decided to take down my old user photo because i felt like it wasn't bringing me the motivation i hoped for. So i decided to post my silly mug-shot instead.

Hope everyone is having a good week.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 10:04 PM   #44  

One of my roommates asked if I wanted to join her anti-Valentine's Day coalition... "We're against corporate holidays! You should tell your significant other that you love him EVERY day!" etc etc..... I said no, since I don't believe in all that anti-vday stuff. If you don't want to buy a card, don't buy a card. I don't. For me, Vday is just a good excuse to go out to dinner and spend some quality time together in an otherwise hectic period of time. Why is anyone anti-that??
Old 02-16-2006, 08:51 AM   #45  
Chuggin' along...

Mocha and Miss Michelle, send some vibes my way too!

2 days at 2500 calories! I'm so ashamed!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote