Old 12-06-2005, 06:44 PM   #31  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I know that we didn't allow any electronical stuff in them, I think it somehow ruins them. We also suggested taking off all jewelry, and if you were gonna go in with clothes, no underwire bras. I don't know exactly why all those rules were in place, but I figured they were for a good reason. I think it's kinda freaky too, but I don't like small quiet places. But people brought magazines in with them all the time, so I guess that'd keep me occupied for a little while.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 06:48 PM   #32  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp
I know that we didn't allow any electronical stuff in them, I think it somehow ruins them. We also suggested taking off all jewelry, and if you were gonna go in with clothes, no underwire bras. I don't know exactly why all those rules were in place, but I figured they were for a good reason. I think it's kinda freaky too, but I don't like small quiet places. But people brought magazines in with them all the time, so I guess that'd keep me occupied for a little while.
Yeah i would think especially if its a steam version one that any electrical type of gadgets would ruin, unless they are waterproof! hmm ... magazine, GREAT idea! I was going to go with a bikini + towel and flip flops. Yikes i don't remember the last time i went out in public in a bikini. :X

Thank you so much.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 07:48 PM   #33  
12 pounds lost in 2006

When I was a member at the gym by my old apartment there was an electrical sauna. I went in once and I did the dumb thing of staying in for too long. I stayed in for about 30 minutes and almost passed out. I literally had to line down for about 10 minutes after I came out. I also made the stupid mistake of wearing jewelry and w/in the first 10 minutes my necklace started burning my skin!!! It didn’t feel great. If you try the sauna I recommend bringing a towel to sit on and lean against. I don’t know if it just the electrical ones, but the seat and back of the bench were hot. I would never do the electrical one again, but possibly a real one with rocks and real steam. The electrical one was just hot muggy air. I think the one with rocks that causes real water vapor would be a lot better.
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 09:23 PM   #34  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Hey Ladies...it's been two days of no working out...I think I'm going to go insane. I have had a lot going on with school and LIFE! No, I'm not making excuses, just sometime you really can't work out and it's frustrating.

I guess I could be watching better what I am eating..but that seems to have gone out the door also.

I'll do better tommorrow...thank heavens for new days to start again!

Like the new name Christy!

We might actually get snow tommorrow here in Dallas. Wow!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 09:38 PM   #35  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Ok - um, wow... lots of posts. So I won't be catching up with everybody. First off, I, too, cannot believe that it's only Tuesday (and that there's no Biggest Loser to waste away my evening on tonight).

Christy - I love that you changed your name - good for you!

Oh, and I made it to the gym today (albeit for a very quick stop) - making it 3 days in a row! Yea!

And it's cold outside - supposed to get down to 1 degree tonight! Brrrr.... does shivering burn calories? (Actually, I'm sure that it does)
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 11:08 PM   #36  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Thanks Mocha. I'll figure out what type of sauna it is tonight when i go to the gym.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:54 AM   #37  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Morning ladies!

Regarding saunas...I just don't know if I could stand it! Just the thought of trying to breathe hot air that's heavy with moisture takes my breath away...maybe if I lived out of the southeast it would be different but I can't stand those hot muggy Georgia summer days so I can't imagine a simulated one would be much different for me...lol. But, let us know what you think...if it seems like a great thing I might just be willing to try!!

Thanks for all the compliments on the new name! Took me a couple of trys to log in today though because I forgot...lol.

Jenicra~ I hear you on "The Biggest Loser"...I really miss that show already!!! And thanks to those stupid Billboard awards I didn't get to see House either...

OK so here's something that sucks...I've been working out more and eating fairly well over the last few days but I've GAINED 2 lbs!! My dinner last night wasn't so great but otherwise I've done pretty well...this sucks! I know it's probably just muscle or something and eventually the pounds will come back off but it's hard to stay motivated to run in the freezing cold when the scale is going the wrong direction! On a positive note, our first meeting of the exercise club was GREAT last night! I actually ran 1/4 of a mile (which I didn't think I could do) but it was so cold it made me light-headed and I thought my lungs were going to bust. Oh well, now that I know I can do it I'll be doing it again tonight and then some! My goal for each time will just be to run a little farther...maybe even just 1/16 of a mile farther...every time. Eventually I will hit 5K!

HAPPY HUMP DAY EVERYBODY!!
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:25 AM   #38  
Chuggin' along...

Happy Hump Day everyone,

Like I said yesterday, is it only Wednesday? It is getting cold here in northern Florida (it actually does get cold in parts of Florida - nothing compared to the north but 35 seems frigid right now!). More importantly for me, it's been very windy all week which means it's too rough to take the boat out and do my field work. This sucks b/c I'm getting thrown off schedule, and with me leaving for a conference next week and then holidays I don't have time for this! Silly wind.

Christy, try to focus on something else besides that two pounds, which will definitely come off again. They're probably just from water fluctuations. To gain 2 lbs you have to eat 7000 extra calories. Think about how good your body feels after you work out, or go put on a pair of "skinny" jeans that you couldn't get into before you started losing weight. Keep treating yourself right and the weight will melt off.

Jenicra, way to workout! Keep it up! Shivering absolutely burns calories!

Spillthebeans, busy days do happen. Don't worry, you'll get back on track.

Mocha, I know, thanks for the advice. Since I feel like my geographical location in the future is so uncertain I try to savor every moment I can spend w/ BF, and just enjoy life for now.

I haven't been in a sauna in years and years! I don't remember much except that at 14 they seemed HOT! I probably shouldn't have been in them at that age.

I watched the Charlie Brown Christmas special last night. It made me so nostalgic for simpler times.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:37 AM   #39  
Mikey's girl

saunas, I have one at the gym in the locker room... the hot rocks one, after I shower I sit int he sauna in my towel and lotion up, IT SOOOO relaxing.. I feel a thousands time better.... Good luck on that!! you will love it!

I feel ya on the biggest loser, I LOVE THAT show! I was lost last night... : *( I bought the losing is winning by jillian micheals, I love it! It has work outs and diets that they follow, and in all honesty it goes deep. Like into the emtional and confidence of oneself.

AHHH Im trying to respond to everyone, ...HUMP DAY!!!?? Thats it?? OH man,
Im excited thursday night Im going out with the girls, to a country bar/ bar bar, you know with good dancing music! Im excited! plus I made it to the gym this morning WOOT WOOT!! ok off to boring work...
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:42 AM   #40  
Going all the way!!!

Hey did you guys see on The Biggest Loser's finale show they're actually going to put out an aerobics tape? I think it's supposed to be out in another week or so...I think I'm going to get it!!

Justforus~ awesome job getting to the gym this morning!! Man, I wish I was a morning person...

Megan~ you're absolutely right, I'm trying to not think about it at all. It would probably be best if I just stayed off the scale for a week or so anyway...now the willpower to do that will be much harder to find than the willpower to keep exercising...LOL. I missed the Charlie Brown special, but do you know what I REALLY REALLY wish would come on? Will Vinton's Claymation Christmas! You know, the one with the California Raisins and the camels singing We Three Kings? Now THAT hasn't been on TV since I was like 7...I'd probably cry some nostalgia tears if I saw that one.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:30 AM   #41  
Stephanie

I really miss the biggest loser too!!! And soon survivor is going to be over. What do they want me to do at 7pm now?

Christy - Bodies are so weird. There you are working out and eating right and you gain (obviously not fat though). Here I am not working out, eating well and since last Thursday I have lost 2.5 pounds (down another .5 this morning). I doen't make any sense. I do notice though that the weeks I tend to workout more, I don't lose as much as I expect at all. Then other weeks I take it easy, it falls off. There's just no real explanation!!! I think that my fat gets angry when I workout so it holds on, then when I let up on it, I trick it and it goes away! It used to drive me absolutly insane. Then I got the scale hidden from me except for once a week. Now that I have it back I am not so obsessed about it. (Not that you are!) It just seems like the minute I started to just think "Oh well, I know I am doing everything right, so if the scale doesn't agree today, it will eventually" I started to lose more consistantly. I tend to over think things though (if you couldn't tell). HA!
Old 12-07-2005, 12:40 PM   #42  
Haley

Oh noooo, its 37 degrees out but "feels like" 30 (so says weather.com)! We're in Texas, it shouldn't get that cold! I'm afraid to go outside and go to class, I may freeze to death on my 3 minute walk there. Bbbrrrrrrr. I know this isn't even that bad for some people, but for here its freeeeezing!!

I'm so excited it's almost break for my school, I've worked so hard this semester, it's going to be great to have nothing to do for almost a month. But, I'm really going to step up the exercise because I want to lose 10lbs before I come back for school and I seriously have nothing else to do besides work out.

Okay, time to freeeeeeeeeeeeezeeeee! I hope you all are doing well!!
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 01:28 PM   #43  
Mikey's girl

hahah I wish it was 37 degree here!!! Its about, ooohhhh 2 degrees!!! KEEP WARM GIRLY!!
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:11 PM   #44  
Stephanie

Angry *Warning* Random Rant about SIZES

Today I am wearing my old pants that I used to wear all the time, size 13. Not all my 13’s fit, but a couple do, so that is very cool. I do still think it’s messed up that I have been wearing 15’s since I was 30 pounds heavier, no matter how big they were for a size 15, I think it’s messed up to fit into the same size with a 30 pound difference!!! I bet if I lost another 30 pounds there’d be a size 15 somewhere I could find that would probably fit just perfect and yet a size 13 that would be way to small! Oh the injustice of it all. No wonder there are so many women and girls with eating disorders and body dysmorphic syndrome.

I am going to make a clothing line. In it, all of the 15’s will fit the same and all of the 5’s will fit the same and on and on. No large shirt will look like a small and no small will look like a baby shirt as well as no mediums that fit like an extra large and so on. Also in this clothing line, as the sizes get bigger the crotches will not get longer! I noticed that when I had to try on pants in the misses section, the bigger the size, the higher the waist was and the further the crotch went down! I don’t think they realize that when some one is heavier their butt doesn’t get LONGER it gets wider. Good lord, talk about accentuating the fat that already looks fat. Those kinds of cut pants are made to make the lower belly look gargantuan. I don’t know anyone whose butt goes from their middle back to just above the back of their knee!

Rant completed!
Old 12-07-2005, 02:20 PM   #45  
Going all the way!!!

<----gasping for breath trying to control the laughter!! This is freakin hilarious...and SO TRUE!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp
Also in this clothing line, as the sizes get bigger the crotches will not get longer! I noticed that when I had to try on pants in the misses section, the bigger the size, the higher the waist was and the further the crotch went down! I don’t think they realize that when some one is heavier their butt doesn’t get LONGER it gets wider. Good lord, talk about accentuating the fat that already looks fat. Those kinds of cut pants are made to make the lower belly look gargantuan. I don’t know anyone whose butt goes from their middle back to just above the back of their knee!