Old 11-30-2005, 12:41 AM   #1  
All That's Left of Me

Exclamation I Only Have A Moment...

Hey gals! You have no idea how much I have missed you all. My life has been insane lately! Okay, so do y'all remember that guy I met online that I was afraid of meeting ? If not, read the post if you have a sec.http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67241
Anyways, we met...and he is the PERFECT guy for me...although the whole age difference thing has me a little concerned. Anyways, I'm wearing his dog tags...and a ring right now The ring is more of a promise ring, as it is a family heirloom that I am supposed to give to him when we get married, but he has already started checking out engagement rings. I promise, I will devulge more info when I'm not in the middle of a 48 hour straight homework fest. Yes, homework is another part of the craziness that has kept me from being able to check in on here What else is going on (as I'm sure you'll notice if you check my weight tracker) is that I am losing weight too fast. I went almost 2 weeks without weighing in, and was shocked a few days ago to see the scale down to 160...today it's at 159.2 This is strange because I have not been logging my food lately (for the first time since I began this on July 1st) and I was concerned that I would overeat and gain weight...quite the opposite. I'm glad to be losing it, but remember on November 6th when I posted by excitement at squeezing into a pair of size 12 pants? Well, as of today I am in a misses size 10, juniors size 11. Can you believe it? It's amazing to see the double takes people are doing...I am not kidding when I say that people who haven't seen me for a month or more don't even recognize me. This is the last week of class for me, so starting this weekend I will once again be able to post daily! I miss you all, and can't wait to be back...for good
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 01:26 AM   #2  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Amanda I'm glad to hear that the guy is great!!! You will have to definitely tell more once you have time. Good luck on your homework.
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 08:52 AM   #3  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

AMANDA! I have been thinking about you, and wondering where the heck you have been. I am very glad to hear that other than busy you are doing VERY well. Looks like you passed me up! That's so awesome. Congrats on the guy thing, I hope that everything works out perfectly! How big is the age difference? My fiance is 12 years older than me, so I don't find age a problem, unless he's a lot YOUNGER, than it may b, hehe.

I hope to be seeing you around more soon!!! We miss you around here!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 09:24 AM   #4  

Congrats on the great guy! I'm not sure the age difference between you two but I wouldn't worry about it at all. Trust me I should know. I'm 27 and dh is 55! In February we'll have been married 2 years. Also my mother is 6 months younger than my dh so she is also 55 and her dh is 38. Age means nothing all that matters is how you feel about eachother.

Congrats on the weightloss. Don't worry about it coming off so quick. When your happy it sometimes comes off faster.
ambabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:07 AM   #5  
one step at a time

Wow, congrats on the weight loss and the perfect guy!
HealthyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 01:07 PM   #6  
Movin' and Losin'

Amanda: Great job on the loss and the guy! Congrats! My BF is 11 years older than me. It's really not a factor AT ALL. Sometimes we tease each other about it, but that's it. We love each other, and that's all that really matters.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 06:53 PM   #7  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

I was wondering what has happened to you! I'm glad to see you are okay and that you've been loosing weight!

You haven't known this guy too long now have you? a ring already? SheeShh! I've been with my man for 4 years now and i'm still waiting for a ring. But hopefully i'll get one this christmas!

How is you child doing with all of this?
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 07:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

My husband is 8 years older than me AND we met online! So believe me, it can work! Can't wait to hear the details and congratulations on all the weight loss!
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote