Old 09-05-2005, 09:54 AM   #1  
Chuggin' along...

Default Weekly Chat 9/5-9/11

Good morning everyone,

Am I the only one at work Monday morning of Labor Day??? Oh that’s right, normal employers give days off, paid, on national holidays. And mine is not normal. Right.

I actually celebrated the holiday yesterday. I went boating w/ BF and several friends of ours, and then we went to the friends for dinner. It was a BBQ but these people know how to do it right: a classy BBQ, if you will. Homemade everything – the ribs marinated 2 days, real German potato salad, not mayo-based, homemade baked beans w/ bacon, etc. No “naked” veggies in sight. I was ok eating-wise for what it was. I had reasonable portions, no seconds, and there was no dessert. But I’m still another pound up this morning. *sigh* But it’s not anyone else’s fault. I really haven’t been making any effort to go out of my way to make better food choices, and I still go home and snack too much. This is the story of my summer.

My house is on the Gulf and right now we have really bad red tide that’s making me hack and cough all night and generally feel sh@#$% . Not wanting to further expose myself to that air is yet another really good excuse not to exercise outside. I’m full of ‘em.

I was MIA last week (generally busy) but boy do I feel like I need support right now! Maybe September will bring cooler weather. What are you all doing today to celebrate?
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 10:54 AM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I am about to go to work too, retail never rests! Made it through another weekend, was pretty good too, I am getting used to smaller portions and control over my eating!!! Well, I am off to go sell shoes to rich picky ladies who think they wear a size 6 but they really wear a 7 and a half (like it matters!). If you ladies go shopping today, be extra nice to the people who are working at the stores! Remember, you're out having fun and shopping, and they're at work. Have a good one everybody!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 12:18 PM   #3  
All That's Left of Me

*Amanda used to work retail, so she gives stephanie a reassuring hug...and sends blessings her way*

Amanda
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 05:31 PM   #4  
Proud US Navy Wife

Wendy's is open today, but I somehow got the day off. I was planning to go to the pizza place and put in my application, since, due to a good friend that works there, I am pretty much hired already! Alas, my back is still sore and I have a headache.. all due to working from 11:30 yesterday morning till close! (after midnight..) So I don't really feel up to a walk. My mom, my sister, and I are going to make steaks tonight.

I've reached a plateau already, I think... I've been trying (and succeeding for the most part) eating healthy and working out, etc, but my weight is stubbornly staying around 200. *sigh and pokes her belly* Come on, I'm impatient!

Happy labor day everyone!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 07:05 PM   #5  
All That's Left of Me

Fae - As much as I've lost...my belly doesn't seem to be pulling up stake either (though it would love to take down a steak ). Take heart, and ride the tide...eventually it has to receed!

*Amanda pokes at her belly and waits patiently for the ripple effects to subside...then does it again...as she has discovered the cathartic, trance-inducing effects...almost like watching a lava lamp while stoned*

Amanda
Old 09-05-2005, 08:06 PM   #6  

Ahhhh i have being sick i have been sick now for 2 days and it sucks.... i had a high temp of 103.5 and now its just 100.3.... i have done everything taking meds and a bath...slept.. what else should i do? i tried exercising but it just made me feel worse. i think i am goin call applebees cause i started feeling sick after i ate there and so did my hubby....

anyways my labor day sucks just been in bed all day feeling like crap

Last edited by sugarbutt; 09-05-2005 at 08:11 PM.
sugarbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 09:50 PM   #7  
All That's Left of Me

Awww...hope you feel better sugarbutt! I've had food poisoning 3 times in my life, so to give you my thoughts on your illness...it's probably not food poisoning. Either you or your hubby more than likely caught a bug, and then decided to share it! Y'all have just been swapping too much spit Anyways, feel better, but don't push yourself on the exercise 'tll ya lose the temp.

Much Luv,
Amanda

Last edited by amandaholly; 09-05-2005 at 09:53 PM.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:46 PM   #8  
one of my goals!

S/C/G: 215/203/150

Height: 5'7"

Well ladies, I am sorry so many of you had to work today - that sucks. I am unemployed, but that dosen't mean I don't work! Today DH and I got stuff packed for the movers who come tomorrow and the next day I read a chapter in my nursing book,then I did a chapter in my med-term, that was 10 pages of worksheets, and then I made a blanket for my niece and finished up another one that I had started a few weeks ago and never finished. It is a no-sew project, tie blankets, and I have to say that I think they turned out really well! Then I made dinner, shepards pie, but didn't eat any of it - I forgot to eat because by the time it was out of the oven I was deep in that med-term stuff. Oh - and I did 4 loads of laundry, and went to the gym for an hour this morning, if you call getting up at 10am morning.... If I hadn't gone to the gym this morning, I never would have made it there!! I hope that everyone had an on plan day It is time for bed --- g'nite!
BrunetteChic_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 01:00 AM   #9  
Proud US Navy Wife

Amanda, and how would you know the effects of watching a lava lamp while stoned?? hehe
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:14 AM   #10  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I was very lucky to have yesterday of from BOTH jobs! However, I have worked enough Christmas Eves, Christmas Days, New Year's Eves (and days), Thanksgivings, and 4th of Julys to have earned a lifetime of paid holidays off! I used to work in a movie theater (open 365 days a year!), and I have also worked retail, plus the restaurant, plus the self-storage facility...I think I have worked entirely too many service-oriented jobs

Well, we tried to go couch shopping yesterday. Since I have a good $5,000 in credit card debt to pay off, Jeff is not allowing me to buy a new one. Instead, we went to the Goodwill store, but they only had a few to choose from, and we were not impressed. Then we went to the Salvation Army store, and we could see couches lined up inside through the window--a glimmer of hope! The sign on the door said "Yes, we're open!", but it was locked with a note taped to the door about being closed on Labor Day. Way to give us false hope! We were going to go to another Salvation Army store, too, but since the one was closed, we had to can that idea. So much for a couch for now.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:26 AM   #11  
Mikey's girl

Morning ladies!! I also was a lucky one to have monday off!! BUT I still worked, I was apinting my kitchen all day yesterday, and it turned out awesome, even though we need to put one more coat on! not to mention trying to plan plan plan for the priness's bday in like 5 days!!! AHHHH!!!! Too bad no one lives close to help!! I become to realize that my online friends are more thoughtful,giving and care more then my friends who live down the street from me. Does anyone else have that problem?? I feel that because I have a kid, my friends are not as close. I dont know maybe its me. I hvae a doctors apt on thursday, Im having anixty attacks and Im depressed again. I DONT EVEN KNOW WHY!! I know it ruins in my family I was diagnosed or whatever before, not to mention Im getting my thyroid checkd, I cannot lose weight for the life of me..
WOW thank you . I needed to vent that out, because Im too embrassed to tell anyone that Im ggoin to see a doctor or Im deprssed, or I need help just in general.

Other then that I hope everyone had a good weekend.
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 11:25 AM   #12  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey y'all! Just checking in for the week...had another AWFUL weekend eating-wise. But, the Bulldogs kicked some Tater butt Saturday night, so it's not a complete los!! LOL I drank too many strawberry cocktails that night though...doh! I didn't clean a thing either--my house is such a wreck it's disgusting. I guess I'll have to get started on it tonight...
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 12:08 PM   #13  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! Well, I'm back in Providence and school started today . . . 30 hours of being awake on airplanes and such followed by 6 hours of sleep and then class. Ugh! I am so tired. But I only have another class after lunch, then I am going home for a nap. I just spent $300 on textbooks, geez. Oh well. Today is back to eating healthy, so far I had cereal, grapes, and now I will have a salad for lunch. I was amazed, but I only gained 1 lb during my trip! Yay!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 12:10 PM   #14  
LIFETIME LOSER!!!!!!

Good morning/afternoon all!
Sugar butt- I hope you feel better soon. I do tend to agree that it is a flu not food poisioning though. Food poision ing doesn't "usually" run a temp. Just SEVERE cramps and sometimes the crappers. EWW!

Krista - Wow woman you had a busy labor day! All that laundry and stuff and you forgot to eat. I use a times watch on my wrist and it beeps everytime I should eat. Im one that skips meals all the time. I then I wonder why my metabolism is slow. I do love my times watch though!

Christy - Oh I love strawberry cocktails. But too many toothaches afterwards. DH and I are "taking a break" from alcohol for now. It gets pricey. Hope you had fun weekend. Sounds yummy!

Jill- I need to sell my couches I think- but Colorado is probably too far away!!! LOL!!!

Just for Us - I do understand the online buddy support over the friends that are with us . I feel it too. Sometimes it feels I share more online to people than I do my BF or mom or even DH for that matter.

As for me - I had a wonderful weekend. Sat was a BAR B Q at my moms for her birthday- Shish ka bobs! (my idea) LOL! and then volleyball. Sunday - church and eat at MIL's and then Monday was relax - clean - laundry - type on computer- shopping for family photo frames- very happy with that turn out! and then my Grandpa who travels around called and said he was in town and came by after supper to hang out. I havnt seen him in 2 1/2 years and he has never seen my 1 year old daughter. So it was very nice. Today I still need to go worjout and with baby sleeping I might just go do that now.

By the way thanks all for letting me hope on the forum and join you all. I really need the support right now.
dani4beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 01:48 PM   #15  

Good morning! Well the good news is being at college (away from home) I was able to avoid all labor day bbqs/eating fests. My mom asked if I wanted to go home, but if I went home it would be a food orgy so I decided against it and stuck to my frozen meal. Although it does make me sad that I could have been with my family and because of my weight ate Jenny Craig food by myself instead....

I got in a fight with my boyfriend last nite. We all went out and I tried to give up alcohol to help my weight loss (most people lose 4 pounds a week on Jenny... I lose 1/2 a pound if that much) but it's so hard because he drinks so much. So he's having the time of his life and I'm falling asleep asking when we can get home.

It ain't easy trying to be thin... I wanna drink (socially drink of course I swear I'm not an alcoholic or anything)...
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote