Old 09-06-2005, 02:03 PM   #16  

yea i dont think its foodpoisoning i just thought that our waitress had the flu virus she kept sneezing in her hand.... well i never have had a cramp before so i guess i am glad i dont have the flu.. yup i am lucky i have never ever had cramps.... everyone says i am lucky... but i think its just God giving me a break for something worse up and coming....

i have been gaining weight... i have a doctors appointment on the 9th... i really hate goin cause usally when i go i stay for a long time.... and i mean days not hours... i kinda wait to long when i have a problem... this time around its about my period i have never had a regular period its only 4 days long and i usally miss a few months here and there... and other stuff... up until i was hmmm 20 i didnt even know what a pap test was... yeah i know i am stupid...but my mom never told me about it and it never came up with doctors or friends or family or nothing it wasnt until i read about PCOS in a mag that i finally realized its something that i need done... so thats what i have to go do on the 9th... but i am so glad its a gurl doing it cause if it was a guy i would feel vialated(SP?) and i would feel like i was cheating on chris cause thats his and another guy cant look at it....

but i agree with you my online friends are so much better.. mainly cause my mom cant talk to you guys and tell you guys lies about stuff to make you hate me.... most of my old friend's moms are friends with my mom... and my mom likes to lie.. and so they hate me or dont wanna talk to be.... or ill tell my mom something thinking she wont tell anyone and shell tell everyone... so it looks like i am the bad guy and i really not shes the one that cheats on her hubsand with one night stands at the bar... gah or when my dad went to fight in this "war" she hada guy living with her and staying in her bedroom O but they didnt have sex... but wait it gets better when he went home to his wife >>(he was activated here cause of the "war") she had another guy here for a night...can you say gross.... sry that maybe way to much information but no one believes me here cause i am a lier... (i really aint its what my mom tells people) but from now on i will never tell my mom anything ever.... it always comes up and bites me in the butt.....

sry for that venting for that second i really hate my mom...for those reasons and many more.... my friends here think that i am wrong for saying that but if they only knew... i am clinically depressed.. i have to take medication and my doctor advises me that i need to move out ASAP of my moms house... chris is getting med boarded and he got in trouble for stuff and got demoted to E-1 but hes getting med boarded so they are letting us stay here for 400dallors..which is cheaper than a house on our own i guess.... but my doctor is trying to help the process of his med board go faster and is trying to get us on base housing..... just until he gets out..... because she said that if not i will most likely go back to my old ways..... i have not attempted but i have seriously thought about suicide... i went and talked to support groups but they dont work for me... the first day that i cut myself iwent tothe doctor i knew it was wrong... OKAY thats enough i know you guys dont wanna hear about it but i just started typeing and it came out... i am sry.... ill just go now
sugarbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 02:55 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Cookie, I totally know what you mean about giving up the booze. I decided not to drink until after the race I am training for (T minus 2 weeks and counting) and realized that sugar-free energy drinks are the way to go when people are drinking at home because it's somewhat of a "treat" and it keeps you from getting tired. At restaurants I get water with lemon and add splenda to make lemonade. And at the bars it's either water or diet soda. Rough I know...but it's worth it!
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 05:54 PM   #18  
one of my goals!

S/C/G: 215/203/150

Height: 5'7"

Wow Sugarbutt - that is a lot of stuff you have going on. Are you at Ft. Sill? What is he getting med. boarded for? I have seen that process take upwards of two years; being on base is probably a pretty good idea for you two. My husband was stationed there for 5 years about 5 years ago. He said they have some really nice housing there.
If you are gaining weight dispite diet and exercise and late, do you think you are pregnant? Good luck at your doctors apt!
BrunetteChic_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 05:58 PM   #19  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Eeek!! I haven`t been slacking off as much as my MIA-status from the boards would suggest. On a whim kind of thing some friends & I drove down to Miami for the long weekend. Now I'm half-broke and probably up a pound or two, but I'm glad I went because sometimes you just need to get away. However, I'm starting to realize that this semester is not going to get any easier. I have incredibly long days and busy weekends, plus things keep coming up... like today I have to take a flat tire to get fixed. Yuck.

Good news.. I'm doing pretty well making time for exercise in the mornings because I know that I have to do them. The bad news.. I don't have very much time or energy to take time making my meals so I've gone back to eating "healthy junk" (ie, overly processed foods that are supposedly nutritious but don't make me feel the same way eating REAL healthy food does.) Plus, I feel so drained lately. I'm sure the crappy food options aren't helping, but I think if I could get more than 5 hours of sleep a night I would be better off.

I'm really excited about September. My summer was kind of up and down both life-wise and health-wise. I'm hoping that the new season will bring more consistency in the good times.

Enough whining!! I miss this forum when I'm away. Maybe I'll make like 30 minutes a day before bed time so I can keep up. Hmmm...

Megan - Yummm... bbq. Baked beans are one of my favorites.

Stephanie - at the shoe sizes. Since I've lost a little weight I noticed the other day that my shoe size has gone down. I'm not a 6, but I was pleasantly surprised!

Fae- I think if I worked near pizza too often I would go insane with temptation. I know people say that once you`re around it for a long time it isn`t as tempting, but... pizza?? I might be ok to work at like.... a health food store.
And don't stress.. 200 is almost 199!!! hehe thats my magic number..

Sugar- Hope you feel better soon.. You seem to be going through a lot of stuff. Don't feel bad for posting it. We are here to support you as much as we can.

Krista - You are so much more productive than I am in my free time! I'm feeling lazy just reading your post. What kind of blanket is it? Like a kit or something?

Jill- Good luck couch shopping! I've seen some really cool furniture in stores like that.

JustforUs- I left you my thoughts earlier on your journal. I hope that you start to feel better reaaaally soon!!!

Christy- Bulldogs?? Not a UGA fan!! My gamecocks are coming to kick some bulldog behind soon!!

Paperclippy - I'm too nervous to buy all my books at once so I try to space it out over a few weeks so I don't get too shocked. Text books are SUCH a rip off. One of my professors "made" a book that was $95 dollars and 1500 pages... and I can't even sell it back. Booo...

Dani - Welcome!!! And shishkabobs sound yummy right now. I'm going to have to learn to make them before it is too cold to grill them outside.

Jenna - Welcome back! hehe.. a food orgy? I think I may have participated in a few of those myself. I'm sorry you had to eat by yourself, but I'm sure your family understands and sometimes those types of sacrifices have to be made. Hang in there kid! I'm cutting back my alcohol too. Starting.. umm.. today since yesterday there was a daquari slip up..
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:04 PM   #20  

Brunette- i know for a fact that i am not preggo... i just got off my period and a few days before that i had a preggo test at the doctors.. it was negative.. so i know that i am not... yes i am at ft sill... i have been here for 6 years now and then i was here for 3 yers from november93-sept97.... it sucks here.. i personally never lived on base.. always off...but my friends live on base some live in nice houses others live in the shitty but i wouldnt care if i stayed in the hotel.... just to get out of here

did about 30 min walk with weights (igot last might) and man my arms hurt like a heck...
Old 09-07-2005, 01:15 AM   #21  
Proud US Navy Wife

Wasted - Welcome back! Now I can stalk you online some more! *G* and thanks for the support. As for the pizza.. I figure it can't be any more of a temptation than fries!

Speaking of which.. You all have to help me to remember that I HAVE to eat at the college on Tuesdays. Today I had a sandwich when I woke up (10 am... not exactly a breakfast.. lol a grilled chicken sandwich that i stole from wendys) and then did not eat again until I got to work before my shift.. somewhere around 6 pm! The result? Wendy's locks its late-night window, and Fae dives into the fries and nuggets we are allowed to eat / take, since they are thrown out at the end of the night... gah! Guilt trip in a major way.. even though I did insane amounts of walking with my heavy backpack, but still! So the moral of this story is, Fae must eat in the morning, eat something at school before class, then eat before work... THEN Fae will not pig out on unhealthy things...

I ate 3 orders of nuggets and probably a medium fry. So much for my self control .
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 07:08 AM   #22  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Happens to the best of us, Fae. I work at Ruby Tuesday, and sometimes they screw up in the kitchen and make something wrong, like a loaded cheese fry appetizer with sour cream when the customer asked for no sour cream, so guess who gets to eat those loaded cheese fries It is evil to work in a restaurant when trying to lose weight, but the money can be so good at times that it's hard to resist, and the FREE food is even worse! How do you resist the free, unhealthy food when it would cost at least 5 bucks to go to the salad bar at the grocery store?! It's a very viscious cycle--OH, the free sodas are hard to avoid, too. I fell into that trap HARD when I worked at a movie theater. At Ruby's, though, I force myself to at least drink only water, diet coke, or the lemonade (it's Light lemonade--5 calories per serving, and I usually even add water to that because I feel guilty). So there are a bunch of us here who understand where you're coming from, Fae. That doesn't make it okay but we do understand. At least you have a plan of attack (eat something before work!).

Well, yesterday's menu has certainly made a dent in the amount I gained over the weekend. When I weighed yesterday morning, I was at 286, and this morning I was 283. 3 more pounds and I will be back where I was last week. I know all I really shed yesterday was the added water-weight from too much sodium over the weekend, but hey, I'll take what I can get! I'm eating the same foods today as yesterday (egg white omelette, turkey sausage, ham, and grilled chicken), but I won't be able to go to the gym between jobs because I have an orientation for my new job (yes, a third job, but if I make enough $$ at it, then I can quit Ruby's!).

Well, hope everyone has a great Hump Day (already--gotta love 3-day weekends )!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 08:14 AM   #23  
LivingDeadGirl

S/C/G: 325/250/165

Height: 5'7"

wow i miss so much when i'm gone for a few...sorry to hear about the foodpoisoning...sounds like all of you ladies have tons going on...

nothing's going on here really...just relaxing...time to clean later...blah
Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 08:29 AM   #24  
Chuggin' along...

I can't imagine the temptation if I worked in any kind of restaurant/fast food place/anywhere that produces yummy food. The only way I ever lose weight is when I'm preparing my own food at home, and totally 100% controlling the food that comes into my house. I just go nuts if I've got a lot of new "shiny" choices.

WastedThermos, I hope you're able to catch up on a little bit of sleep. It won't be long until you fall into your semester 'rhythm' and figure out what works for you to be healthy.

Lizzbabe and Cookie, I've been thinking about giving up alcohol for a while too. I need to get this little bulge under control. It's not the number of calories, it's the quality I'm concerned about there. But it sucks to be the sober one in a crowd of drunks... *sigh*

Oops, I'm not really done but here comes the boss telling me to head out into the field... more later, I hope. Have a great day all.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 08:30 AM   #25  
Mikey's girl

hump day. some days are great others are bad, I just wihs there WAS SOMETHING that gave me the energy to get up in the morning again! WHere is my will power????
Sounds like everyone had a good weekend. Lizzie WELCOME back...
Not much other then that.
I gave up the drinking this weekend.
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 08:41 AM   #26  

Sugarbutt- I used to think I hated my mom too, but I think I came to a realization. You see my father died of cancer a few years ago and after that she just starting going out all of the time and becoming much more social, etc. She made all of these new girl friends, started dating someone, lost a lot of weight (she weighs a lot less than me-she always tries to get me to diet with her-and takes all of my skinny clothes), but I think I was jealous of my mom that she could be so happy. I would yell and tell her to start acting like a mother, but I really think she was trying to show me that it's ok to be happy and to smile and ever afer something so tragic another door can open.

Fae-I go to college and I have a lot of friends where on part of their diets they just skip meals but that NEVER works for me cuz I just get hungrier and eat more (they usually end up binging later too). So I am always trying to eat snacks all of the time. Although this weekend starts sorority rush and my whole weekend willbe out of the house with NO breaks... for example Friday is 4:30 till 11:30 NO BREAKS so yah there goes dinner

Jilly I could NEVER work in a restaurant. i used to joke if I worked ina cookie place I would be like cookie for the customer and cookie for me, cookie for the customer and cookie for me.

At least a lot of people agree with me... it sucks to be the only sober one. I was thinking of almost one day just eating a REALLY big salad (on Jenny Craig that's "free food") and then maybe I would be able to drink more... because that saves up more alcohol fats AND I would not have to drink that much to get that "happy feeling." I know it's such bad thinking, but....
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 08:50 AM   #27  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WastedThermos
Christy- Bulldogs?? Not a UGA fan!! My gamecocks are coming to kick some bulldog behind soon!!
Oh girl, it is ON!! Kickoff is this Saturday around 5:45 on ESPN. I think I'll have CHICKEN SOUP for dinner that night...and I'll feed some to my dawgs too... Steve who????

Last edited by TheNewChristy; 09-07-2005 at 08:53 AM.
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 11:41 AM   #28  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Happy Hump Day Ladies!

It's back to work and school, and hopefully back to the gym tonight! I've been off for the past two days and guess what I MISS it, I actually miss not working out! Wow!
Never would have thought that a couple of years ago.

Have a great day and rest of the week ladies!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 12:47 PM   #29  

Cookie- i am not jelous of my mom... shes still married to my dad... i have never met my real Father... my mom does all those things goes out gets boyfriends and my dad is still around and they are still married... chris and i are very happy...
Old 09-07-2005, 02:03 PM   #30  
LIFETIME LOSER!!!!!!

Wow I cant keep up with this thread sometimes! he he! You ladies move so fast around here. Well I start my new job today at the fitness clb as a supervisor. I am nervous because I am not in shape and here I am working there! But hey I will have LOTS and LOTS of incentive now! And no excuses like - I couldnt make it to the gym. HA! Well I am doing good exercising because of the challenge you guys have here. - thanks again it really kicked me in the rear and got me moving again. I get off work at about 9pm tonight - so wheb I get home I'll post how it went and if Im still alive. Have a good day all
dani4beauty is offline   Reply With Quote