Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2001, 12:10 PM   #1  

Angry New to group

Hi! I am not a new one to posting on this site, but I am new to the 20-somethings group. I am 21 and will be 22 this fall. I have had a whirlwind of events the past two years of my life that were credited to my 40 pound weight gain. I started exercising and controlling my food portions three weeks ago. I have lost 7 pounds and hope that I can keep this up. I came to college a size 7 and now I'm a size 15. I REALLY want to get back to a size 7 before too long. I have border-line high cholesterol. I have an illness that I take meds for, and one side affect is intense cravings for sweets. I can DEFINITELY vouch for that one! I've never had urges this strong before and guess I let them get the better of me. I miss my cute clothes and being able to shop with my sister-in-law (who's a sickening size 3 after giving birth just 8 months ago). I am a partial vegetarian, meaning I still eat poultry, fish, and dairy. By watching what my husband consumes, he's lost 10 pounds this past school year. He gained about 60 pounds after he dropped out of baseball. He didn't realize he couldn't eat all the same amounts and the same junk he always did. I do yoga, walking, and low-impact aerobics to get back to my original size. I wish all of you luck and hope the same for me.
Closed Thread