Old 07-28-2005, 06:32 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Good luck on the bar exam! That is tough work but since you worked so hard I have no doubt you did fine. As far as 25 lbs in 8 weeks that seems really quick. A reasonable loss is 1-2 lbs per week so you could probably do 15 lbs if you really stick to your plan and drink lots of water. It's better to take it off slow so it won't come back!
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 07:59 AM   #32  
Mikey's girl

Morning everyone!! GOOD LUCK ON THAT BAR EXAM!!!! (((((BEST WISHES)))))) WHOOHOO!!
Thursday... cannot wait for this week to get over!! Hope all is well!
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:37 AM   #33  

Good morning guys! It's mmmLatte I just changed my username. I only have 1 week and 2 days till my summer internship is up and the old username is connected to my work e-mail which will soon be deactivated. I like this site so I want to keep it up when I go back to school. I am a little nervous about going back to school because I didn't seem to manage to lose ANY weight this summer (boo) and the only thing that will change when I go back to school is that the availability of alcohol will greatly increase. I just need to stay on top of it and stay in control. I did make an appointment with Jenny Craig, which they have at my school so I'm very excited! 2 more days till the weekend... PRO: No waking up at 5am for work CON: Temptations
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 11:23 AM   #34  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

I think I'm in the minority here about weight loss at school. While I feel strong temptations socially (mostly alcohol..) I am able to stay on plan better away from home. Plus, going to school gives me access to two great gyms. Also, maybe because I'm too college-student-broke to buy much food I don't keep a lot of junk around the apartment, where as there is tons of everything back home.

I actually think that my weekend over-indulgences has a lot to do with going home to see the family. Not only am I not able to workout as easily but I am surrounded by temptation! I can't just not ever go home, so I guess I'll have to figure out something.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 11:48 AM   #35  

Eating healthy at school is no problem for me. I TOTALLY agree with you I eat much worse when I am home because my family is a bad influence on me. Whenever I go home for the weekend I end up gaining a pound or 2 because we go to all of my favorite restaurants, plus at home there is a lot more "stuff" around the kitchen vs. my apartment where I only buy what I want to eat. However, at home we always need a designated driver so I usually volunteer because it's a great excuse why I am only drinking 1 or 2 glasses for the night. At school we walk to the bars and the campus scene is a lot more "HEY TEST IS OVER PARTY SHOTS FOR EVERYONE"
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 12:01 PM   #36  
Mikey's girl

cookiemonster~Temptation is HALF the battle. You have to have the will power too ENJOY your college life, and hang out and drink in moderation, if you're friends are really teasing you that much then explain to them, or dont hang out with them EASY!! Half the battle is is WANTING to do this, and wanting to do it that bad you can over look things like that.
Hope you guys figure it out.. <I am talking to myself at the same time. I WANT to drink and hang out on the weeknd. thats my downfall>
Old 07-29-2005, 08:24 AM   #37  
Mikey's girl

Good morning !!! HAPPY FRIDAY!! ANOTHER DAY awesome outside here today, not too hot, not too cold... Im in an good mood today. EVEN though Im not going to lie, my diet has sucked!!!!! fast food, alcohol , bad bad bad food chocices I only owkred out once this week, that SUCKS! Im bloated and feel like a whale!!! LOL but its still funny!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2005, 03:10 PM   #38  
Chuggin' along...

Thank goodness it's Friday! I was having such a good week and then a bunch of crappy things happened in the last two days. I think part of it's me PMS-ing and being overly sensitive (is that TMI? well...too late if it is ). I am so ready for the weekend!

lawstudentblues, good luck on the bar!!!!! When do you take it? 25# in 8 weeks, 3#/wk, does seem like a lot. I agree w/ lizzbabe, 1-2#/wk sounds more realistic. I haven't done a lot of diet plans. I used to do weight watchers, which worked well, and then I switched to good ol' common sense. No crunch diets for me, but then I never set any strict deadlines.

For you all returning to school, I'm trying to streeeetch my memory back to my college days of 2004 to see if I can remember anything helpful. My senior year, I'd finally started getting my weight under control - 163# but actually maintained that weight for a whole year, a big achievement for me. I ate more treats than I do now but I hit the gym 5-6 days a week for cardio, did weights/strength at home, and stuck pretty well to the being "good" during the week and more lax on weekends. I also saved my drinking for the weekends, so I didn't feel deprived. It was good for my GPA too

I realized I never posted my "plan" to stay good for the weekend. Dinner and drinks will be my biggest obstacle. Here I go: make healthy menu choices. Ignore bread sticks and carb sides. I'll skip dessert if I'm having a drink (maybe skip anyway). And when I get home I'm NOT going to snack before I go to bed - that's key. Limit alcohol.

Made plans w/ the new guy (it definitely cheered me up!) for the weekend. He said "why don't I call you from the movie store...will you be home? Or are you going out for a run?" He respects the workouts already, I love it.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! I'll let ya'll know how I did sticking to the weekend plan Monday (no internet at home).

~Megan
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 04:05 PM   #39  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Megan, your new guy sounds great! I love my bf, but sometimes I kind of miss the "getting-to-know-you" stage. Sometimes he still manages to mention offhand things that I had no idea about, and I'm like "Really??? You never told me that!" as if I should know every detail of his complete life story since we've been dating almost 5 years. I hope you have a great weekend!

CookieMonster -- I had to start laughing when you said that since you were the designated driver you only have 1 or 2 drinks . . . because after 1 drink, I sure wouldn't want anyone putting me behind the wheel! I have the lowest tolerance ever, even back in college when I drank on the weekends I could only drink like two drinks. Nowadays I have a glass of wine on a special occasion or the occasional cocktail at a restaurant. My bf is hilarious, because back in college he used to drink huge amounts (there is an infamous story about him being unable to log into his computer after having 12 shots of vodka -- this was before I met him), but nowadays half a beer makes him tipsy.

LawStudentBlues -- good luck on the bar!

I hope everyone has a great weekend and sticks to whatever goals they made for themselves! As for me, I baked a peach cobbler last night and I'm planning on making my family's traditional yeast dumplings with blueberry sauce this weekend, so I know I won't be very low-cal. Oh well, I'll just have to run more!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 04:31 PM   #40  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

I hope everyone has a great, healthy, fun, etc weekend!!!

I think I may be going to the beach for a day or two with my mom with kind of throws off how I thought things would be, but it isn't a loss. My mom is a total fitness nut, and she motivates me to make better choices.
Anyway.. my goals..
1) Make SMART choices when I eat out, and either save half or throw half away.
2) Keep snacking to a minimum. It's ok when I'm home and I eat a lot of smaller meals, but not ok just to graze all day on junk food.
3) Try to get in some cardio saturday, plus start Week 6! of Total Body Makeover Sunday no matter what.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 11:57 PM   #41  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

ugh - i always tell myself no more alcohol after the binge drink that leaves me ill in the am but then I go and do it again. Ok, not very often, like the last time I drank heavily was a few weeks ago. I think my problem with drinking, like food, is when I allow myself to drink, i do it with a bang. I tried for low cal drink options, which lasted most of the night (until we hit the second party and strawberry daquiries were served - yum). I was very low cal yest so I could afford to drink a bit more, and I did hit up the gym. I don't think I drank enough water at all though yes my head hurts a bit. tomorrow I will attempt to get up and go swimming if I can handle it - today I have done almost nothing. but at least my eating has been pretty undercheck (As I coudln't stomache anything till about 3 or 4 in the afternoon

I was going to surprise my parents and go home next weekend (I am in LA they are in NYC) but plane tickets out to nyc are just so expense these days, and the dates I wanted to go - I found out, because of my stupid housing arrangement at school, i can not leave from the 10th to the 16th of august because i have to be ready "at any moment" to move my stuff from one apt to another. isn't that just stupid??? anyhow am a bit bummed about that.

gotta go drink some water, headache is coming back!

B
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 07:48 PM   #42  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

update - I am going to ny on wed. gonna get to surprise my rents - whoo hooo. i am excited!
but I will have to watch out, and figure out what excersize to do. there is a great kayak we have, so hopefully i will be motivated to do that - and chase around my little niece.
bida is offline   Reply With Quote