Old 07-08-2005, 06:36 PM   #1  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Default sleep & weight loss

How many hours of sleep do you get, what is your sleep routine and how does sticking with it (or not) influence your weight loss (or gain)?

I'm thinking that sleep might be a factor, so I've been trying to come up with something constructive - like setting up a regular sleep schedule and making sure I get enough. Sometimes it seems to be working, but I mess things up before I can really draw any conclusions. After doing pretty well this past week, I stayed up till almost 3 am last night (too scared of a dental appointment to sleep), and then slept half the day after the appointment... yikes!
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 08:27 PM   #2  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

I don't notice that sleep directly affects my weight loss, but I do know that if I'm tired, I'm less likely to eat right and exercise and that I'm cranky.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 12:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

I think I definatly need my sleep. I feel that that is when my body process all the excersise and work I have done and I actully shed my pounds. I know that isn't true but, when I don't get my sleep, I get off schedule and I find it much harder to lose. I go to bed early, by 10 or 11 most nights(not tonight) and am up at 7. The weekends are a little different because I ussauly sleep in a bit maybe until 8. I was having trouble falling asleep so I cut out caffeine after lunch and now I am ussually out like a lite. I have a lot more energy when I am on a good sleep schedule and I get in a lot more activity.

So I don't know if it really is the wonder cure that I think it is but I know when I am stressed and not sleeping well, almost everything goes haywire, I don't lose weight, I tend to get sick, I am crabby and cranky I'm a mess, I need my sleep!
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 10:35 AM   #4  
Melissa

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/100/105686.htm
cuqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 11:25 AM   #5  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

I need at least 7-8 hours of sleep.

My body needs rest to recoop from the workouts. If I don't get sleep, I'm less motivated to work out & eat right, so yes sleep and diet are correlated, I think.
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote