Old 07-08-2005, 09:27 AM   #1  

Default I'm NEW!!!

Hi everyone!

I'm here because I want to lose 7-10 lbs. before I return to college on August 20th.

Is this possible?

I've been doing "South Beach" on and off, day by day, but I've decided to quit and just stay on a healthy diet.

Do you guys have any suggestions? I'm pretty lost. I'm getting a membership at the YMCA tonight - and I'm about to schedule an appointment with a personal trainer so I can really tone up.

I have fat on my sides, stomach and thighs. I'm not looking to bulk up, I
want to be slimmer.

Do you guys think I can do this in only A MONTH AND A WEEK? I'm afraid!!!

For breakfast I had 2 pieces of turkey bacon,
3 eggs.

Then as soon as I got to work I had 1 cup of blueberries and 1 cup of cherries for a snack... geez, I am so bad at this.

Any advice?!

SuzyLeeWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 09:46 AM   #2  
One day at a time...

Welcome Suzy! This site is great for information, so I would start by maybe looking around at peoples bios and maybe on the calorie counter board because that seems to be somewhat similar to what you are doing. No two people are the same but whats worked for me so far is eating 5-6 small meals a day (50% protein, 20% carbs and 30% fat, I had to toy around with that for a month), working out (hard) 2x a day 4 days a week and 1x a day the other 3 days. I don't eat processed foods or foods with alot of perservatives, and I try to use all fresh ingrediants. Haven't weighed myself since June 1st(I have scale issues) but I am down another size so thats 3 sizes since the beginning of April. Alot of people have been sucessful just changing there eating habits and intaking little calories so that may work for you as well, so just listen to your body and see what works for you!

I have faith that you will reach your goal by the time you go back to school, you just have to be persistant and put your mind to it. Again, welcome to 3FC and good luck!!
April_Showers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 10:08 AM   #3  

Welcome to the boards! It is possible to lose that much but if you don't have much to lose in the first place, it may be more difficult. Normal weight loss is 1-2 pounds week so that would put you close at least.

Good luck and welcome!
Amber
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 10:23 AM   #4  

hey suzy! I am almost 22 and return to my senior year in college in the fall!!!!

just wanted to say welcome welcome
angelshine90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 11:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Welcome! I agree with Amber. 7-10 lbs in 5 weeks is a reasonable goal but it maybe tough!

I think it is a good idea to get in the habit of working out and eating healthy before you return to school. That way when you have less time to concentrate it is already a habit! Plus every little bit helps! Good luck.
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote