Old 06-30-2005, 08:47 PM   #1  

Default What time of day do you work out?

Do you find it easier to work out in the morning or the evening? I've tried both and HATE both, (Im just not much of a work out person, lol) but I was curious what worked the best for everyone else?
Ahealthierme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:18 PM   #2  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

I workout in the morning MWF, and I have a circuit training class in the afternoon TTh. I like the morning better because I am exhausted by the time I get home in the afternoon! Since I am a student though, I don't have set hours, so I can work out in the morning and not come in until 10:00 and that's fine, so I don't have to wake up any earlier than 6:45.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 12:17 AM   #3  

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I work out late at night-around 10 o'clock. I put my kids to bed, watch a bit of TV with my hubby and go down when he goes to bed. I might add a video or a walk during the day but my main work out is always at night. Then I come read all the new posts here at 3FC and go to bed. It seems to work well for me. We'll see how it works when the shows end at 11 instead of 10 come this fall (it's a weird Indiana time change thing). But my oldest will be in kindergarten and my daughter wants to go to pre-school so I may have mornings free to work out. Evenings are just too chaotic around here to work out and I have the kids during the day so it's impossible (nearly impossible) Anyway, I know, I'm rambling. Night time works best for me. It relieves all the stress I've had pent up all day long.
Amber
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 06:21 AM   #4  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I can't workout in the morning OR in the evening As it is, I get up around 4:30am so I am at work by 6am. If I got up any earlier to workout, I'm pretty sure I just wouldn't go to bed at all So yeah, I'm at the office for 6am, then I leave at 2pm and go straight to the gym. I can only work out for about 30-40 minutes then because I have to clean myself up, put on my uniform, and scarf some dinner before beginning my 4pm shift at job #2 (waitressing). I know you're not supposed to eat for at least an hour after you exercise, but I don't have time to wait before dinner or else I will be late for work. I then get home anywhere between 9-11:30pm (depending on whether I an hostessing or serving and how busy the restaurant is), so since I get up at 4:30am, I'm certainly not about to try and workout at night! Besides, if I have any time at all before I collapse on my bed, that is when I pack my food for the next day, put dishes away, do laundry, etc...Therefore, I don't really have a choice but to workout in the early afternoon. C'est la vie!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 09:18 AM   #5  
Addicted to Reading

I used to work out in the morning and I hated it. I didn't like getting up an extra hour early so I was always skipping. It was not working out for me.

So, I switched to evening workouts. I normally get home from work before my husband so I put something for dinner in the oven and then hit my treadmill. By the time my husband gets home I'm normally just about finished working out and dinner's practically ready! It's a great system.

I do have a weight lifting routine that I do MWF mornings but it only takes about 20 min and if I cut some other things out of my morning routine I can do it without getting up early.
klibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 09:23 AM   #6  
Mikey's girl

I work out in the morning... I love it!! Its the best thing for me I hate getting up but once I get to the gym and get my blood flowing man I feel so good. I cant really do it at night because I work form 8 to 6 :30pm and get home around 7:30 and my daughter is in bed around 8 -8:30 pm and she doesnt get up in the morning till way after I leave for work so If I try to work out in the afternoon/evening I wouldnt ever ser her.. oh well
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 09:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

I work out in the morning right now. I HATE getting up. But I run outside and it is just too hot to do that in the afternoon or evenings. I do like that I feel very motivated for the rest of the day after a work out! And all the free time I have in the afternoons now. I do my circuit training in the morning too, just to stay consistant about getting out of bed. Its the only way I can make myself do it.

Jillybean-I wouldn't worry too much about eating right after a work out. Better then skipping either. I used to have to squeeze my workout and dinner in between work during the day and school in the evenings. The only side effect I ever noticed was I ate less because the exercise killed my apetite. Not bad.

klibrarian- Love your quote "Addicted to reading". It must take a lot of discipline to get yourself to work out at the end of every day. I'm pretty sure I would just go to bed. Way to go for all your hard work!
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 09:51 AM   #8  
Chubbles

hehe I'm just like you! I hate working out in the mornings and evenings...I go around 2:30pm, I feel like that is when I am most awake during the day, and I can get the most motivation.
breakfastsurreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:24 AM   #9  
~ Trying again ~

My aunt and I go to the gym:

M - W - F - Su @ 5:00 a.m.

I find it easier if I just wake up on those days at 4:30 a.m. - get ready and go to the gym. Then by the time I get home, I start getting ready for work. Of course by the time I get off of work, I am exhausted, and ready for bed, but I like that feeling.

I know that if I were to put the gym off until AFTER work, then I would not want to go. Chances are, that I would talk myself out of going. Then if I did that, I would feel bad, and try to cover up that 'bad' feeling with food...LOL
starting_over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:37 AM   #10  
I'm lovin my scale

I work out in the morning. I get up at 5:30, and head to the track up the street from my house, this way i avoid the heat and the crowd that's usually there in the evening. I love it. Working out in the morning gives me more energy and puts me in a better mood for the day.
Christine
imsexydamnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 12:38 PM   #11  
One day at a time...

For me its both...more afternoon than AM. Both my boyfriend and I work full time,and are both working on our masters so the tme we get in the AM to hang out is great. In the afternoon its more social for me, I grab a couple of the girls a few office doors away and we work out downstairs for a few hours. I could NEVER do the middle of the day, cause I get all sweaty.
April_Showers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 12:52 PM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I hate waking up early in the morning so when I do work out, it's after work (usually there are some aggressions to take out from the work-day! )
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 01:04 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 238/157/138

Height: 5'4

I prefer working out after work or at lunch. Mornings and I just do not get along. I wish we did because getting it out of the way 1st thing is really nice.
flxthct107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 03:05 PM   #14  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

I like both.

But since it's summer and no night classes for me during summer break. I head to the gym after work. I find it relaxing to work out after a long day at the office, and it beats sitting on the couch watching t.v. Mornings are nice also, becaues I have a sense of accomplishment all day because I know I already kicked butt at the gym!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 03:45 PM   #15  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

I like working out in the morning because it sets me up for an on-plan day. However, a lot of the time, I have to work out in the afternoon, which used to be my favorite, but not so much anymore. I'm just too tired out half the time to even think of evening exercise, unless it's not at the gym. I have a hard time getting up some mornings, which makes it hard. No matter what time, though, I'm going to have a little tiny motivation issue!!!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote