Old 06-16-2005, 01:50 AM   #1  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 125kg/125kg/70kg

Height: 164cm

Default Any other softball players here?

Just intrested in knowing if there were any other women here who play softball. I find the games don't do much for my fitness level, but its the trainings that are the real helpers. My coach is on a fitness kick at the momenet, so we're constantly running during trainings. Come August, I'll also be playing two to three games a day, so its going to be fun.
Renny Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 06:57 AM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I played softball from the time I was 6 or 7 until I was 19, but I don't play anymore. The last team I played on benched me most of the time (but kept in the batting lineup since I was good at slamming it far down the left line). I used to pitch (slow-pitch--sucked at pitching fast), and I also played a lot of first and second base. I miss it SO much, but I know I can't run very fast (that's why I have to slam it out to left just to get a single ), and I know that's mostly due to my wieght. Perhaps after I've lost some, I will try to find a team around here (one that might actually let me play, and NOT outfield--I throw like a girl ). Of course, I also work nearly 70 hours a week right now, so I certainly wouldn't have time for 2-3 games a day!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 07:28 AM   #3  
Bringing Sexy Back!

I know how you feel. When I first started this year (had a year off as I was in Europe for a month and couldn't commit) I'd only just started my diet and felt HUGE. Couldn't run, couldn't throw, couldn't even catch. Terrible. But the weight coming off, and the fitness starting to come good has made it a lot easier to play now. I'm 230 and I'm comfterble with that, but I'm 'lucky' enough to not show as much.

The 2 to 3 games a day isn't till August, so I'm busy getting in shape for that. I haven't done it since I was 15, so its going to be intresting!
Old 06-16-2005, 10:04 AM   #4  
Short and Round

I dont play softball.. but I do play ice hockey. I know what you mean where the practice is more intense than the game itself. Our coach works us out for the full 2 hours on practice days.. and on game days it is like a nice relaxing break. lol

I want to drop a bunch of weight so I can play this season. I was hoping to drop 40 more pounds by September... but I have plateaued at 268-270. I am sure alot of it is muscle now that I work out at the gym 5 days a week.. but it still annoys me the number isn't moving..

Good Luck in the training!
Amanda
ajwings2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 12:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Default Hello!

Hi there...I enjoy all sports...but softball is pretty much the only one in my town with a league.(most others are 1x a week drop-in)......its not too competitive but we still have some pretty good games,we only play 2x a week......where do you live that you play 2-3 games a day??Is that just in tournaments?
I found it hard to play last year but this year Im getting in a lot better shape
I do miss thecompetitive leagues there are in bigger centers...but for HIcksville I cant complain.......
wkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 12:12 PM   #6  
Movin' and Losin'

I play on a co-ed softball team. We're about halfway through our second season. I absolutely love it! We were really terrible last season -- only won one game out of 10. But, we're definitely improving -- we're 2-2 so far. I play first base. We play Friday nights and have practices on Sundays and sometimes Wednesdays. The practices are definitely more strenuous, and it's a great way to have fun and get in some exercise.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 05:39 PM   #7  
Bringing Sexy Back!

I'm in Sydney, Australia, and the comp I'm talking about (with the 2-3 games a day) is state league, A and B grade. I'm currently in the B grade side, but cause our A grade side sucks, and only has two permenant players, a lot of the B graders will be playing up this year.

My fave position is first as well. I just love it, and I've had my mitt for so long that I can pretty much pick up most balls thrown to me. I need to grow a few inches before I can get the really high ones though

I'm jealous about the co-ed! I LOVE playing co-ed, especilly at my association. The guys are all state pitchers, so they ususally encourge the rep players to play co-ed so we can get the experience (put it this way, I barely remember winning a game with my association. The joke is, if you want to win, play my team)
Old 06-16-2005, 07:55 PM   #8  
Movin' and Losin'

I love co-ed, too. This is the first time I've played co-ed. I was really nervous at first -- I thought the guys would throw too hard and get mad at the girls for making a mistake, but it's been great. The guys are so supportive and don't kill the girls, and we are all out just to have fun (obviously... we're sure not out to win ).
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote