Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 12:17 PM   #151  
What are you waiting for?

S/C/G: 232/258/223

Height: 5'4

First name (if you want to tell): Kimberly

Geographical location: Utah

Marital Status: married almost 3yrs...

Children/Ages: Riley-Ann - 15 months old.

Pets: One Guinea pig

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, going to movies, reading, cross-stiching, sleeping

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown-blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Jan. 2cd-2006 !!

Starting Weight: 243

Present Weight: 243

Goal Weight: For right now i want to just get under 200 then we will see from there!!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: i like food a lot also, so since i haven't started my plan yet i know food is going to be my biggest trial!!

Following any specific plan: no plan yet looking into one, I hate dieting!!

What is different this time in your weight loss effort: I've made a goal that as soon as I get under 200lbs My dh and I are going to start trying for another baby! That's my great goal, and i think that will do it becouse i really want another baby!!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Im looking forward to getting to know everyone and sharing my journey to weightloss and motivating others along their journey!

- Kimberly

Old 11-19-2005, 06:08 PM   #152  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Talking I'm Back to 3FC!!!!

First name (if you want to tell): Jessie, Jess or Jessica

Geographical location: San Lorenzo, CA (around 20 minutes south of San Francisco)

Marital Status: I live with my boyfriend of over 2 1/2 years

Children/Ages: none

Pets: two bearded dragons, Bella & Brutus, and a 13 week old Jack Russell Terrier named Chase

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, reading, watching movies, hanging out with my boyfriend and going out to the club dancing with my girlies!!!!

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: black/dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: It's been a struggle for a long time

Starting Weight: 216 was my highest weight

Present Weight: 185.8

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I think now it is finding the motivation. I was 5 lbs away from my goal almost 2 years ago and then have gained so much weight back. I just need to get in the groove and go for it and when I get their, maintain! Besides motivation I need to stay away from the sweets!!!

Following any specific plan: No. I have never followed any plan and I was very successful at that in the past. I guess my plan is to make this a life change and not just a quick fix.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Before, when I had lost a bunch of weight I thought I could eat whatever I wanted because I was thin. I stopped watching the weight and what I ate. Now I know what it feels like to be the thin girl and I want that feeling back so baddddd. I never want to weight 216 again.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:09 PM   #153  
Bahamas '06 or Bust!

S/C/G: 179/167.8/115

Smile Hey everybody! :)

First name (if you want to tell): Jen

Geographical location: Arizona

Marital Status: Single....*sigh*

Children/Ages: None...BUT, I live w/ my family...9 yo brother, 15 yo sister, 16 yo brother and 20 yo sister...so I feel like I have children!

Pets: None...I recently moved w/ my family across the country, and we left our two cats with a cat-loving neighbor....*sigh*

Hobbies/Interests: Walking, Reading, Writing, Travel, Cooking! (learning through trial and error ), Day Dreaming, Listening to Music (Bruce Springsteen, especially), Hiking, Playing w/ my little brother, Interior Design.....

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brunette

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 11/21/05!

Starting Weight: 182

Present Weight: 182

Goal Weight: 115 lbs ...but I will settle w/ 120-130 lbs if I am happy w/ how my body looks....I have never been below 157, so I have no clue what 130, 125, 120 or 115 will look like!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Binge eating...I am my own worst enemy....

Following any specific plan: 1300 - 1400 calories daily, 60 min. cardio 5-7 days/week and strength training 3-4x/week (I might have to wait on this one until I am able to join a gym)...That's the plan I want to do Pilates 3-4x a week as well. I have a Windsor Pilates DVD that needs to be dusted off

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel like nothing can hold me back from reaching my goals this time....I am ready to become the person I always knew was there, but was covered up by fat!

Anything else you would like to share with us: My reward when I reach my weight goal of 115 lbs is a week-long trip to the Bahamas!

Also, to everybody and !! (OK, that's enough smilies for now!)
Old 11-27-2005, 04:22 PM   #154  

First name : Jane
Geographical location: California

Marital Status: Single

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Racing, Cars, reading, partying, shopping, anything that sounds fun

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/ currently red but want to go blond

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Not sure, a long time but I want to get it done this time.

Starting Weight: 155 originally, but 130 this time

Present Weight: 126

Goal Weight: aroung 115

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I am a binge eater. I can stick on a plan for a little bit, but then I binge one day, and then can't stop for like a week. It takes me a long time to get back on track when I fall off the wagon.

Following any specific plan: just the one i made up, which has basicalyl no rules. i realized I always screw up if I have rules, so now I just try to excercise everyday and eat healthy.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I always wanted the quick fix. Now I want to be healthy.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:26 PM   #155  
one step at a time

First name: Meredith

Geographical location: New Jersey

Marital Status: Married

Pets: 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests: I love cooking, so I'm trying out some healthier recipes, and I think I can safely say that going to the gym has become a hobby.

Eye/Hair Color: blue/red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Spring 2003

Starting Weight: 175

Present Weight: 133

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Staying motivated

Following any specific plan: I lost most of my weight following Joy Bauer's 90/10 Plan

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Finally decided to get healthy--also, fitting into smaller clothes is my vain reason.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I got down to my goal weight then regained about twelve pounds, so I'm looking to knock those off and stay there.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:17 AM   #156  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

Default Help Mel loooooooose!!!

First name: Mel

Geographical location: Green Bay, WI

Marital Status: Married almost 1 year!

Children/Ages: 1 beautiful little boy, 5mos old

Pets: 1 dog: golden retriever named Patriot, he's 2 1/2

Hobbies/Interests: my internet birth club, going to the dog park, shopping, playing with my son, painting, drawing, reading, cross stitching . . .

Height: 5"2

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 06/22/05

Starting Weight: 191

Present Weight: 184

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Staying motivated and not eating like my hubby!

Following any specific plan: not as of right now, but maybe

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I had a baby. It's not easy to lose that baby weight! Also, I'm going to do it without using pills!
Anything else you would like to share with us:
Old 11-30-2005, 01:33 PM   #157  
Keep on going!

S/C/G: 278.3/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5

First name (if you want to tell): Akita

Geographical location: Ontario

Marital Status: Getting married Dec. 9!!

Pets: 1 cat.. Tigger Lily

Hobbies/Interests: real big on movies. Dance, internet, writing, shopping! traveling, watching my nieces ... plus much more.

Eye/Hair Color: brown/dyed black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Sept. 7th 2005

Starting Weight: 220

Present Weight: 180

Goal Weight: 150.. but final goal will hopefully be 134

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I'm an emotional eater, so its a BIG challange for me to focus on something else when im depressed/stressed. .. and because of something i was diagnosed with I craved sugar all the time , and I still do, i watch my intake of it now, but it can sometimes still be difficult.

Following any specific plan: No, not really. I eat whatever I please in moderation. Though im supposed to follow a diabetic diet, so i just watch my carb & sugar intake.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I had a wake up call lol ... I was pretty much forced when my doctor told me what I had. That really got me going. Otherwise, i dont know if I would have kept it up lol

Anything else you would like to share with us: DONT QUIT! ... always remember that you will not be the same weight a year from today! you're either up or down! So if you have a few 'bad' days, so what! tomorrow's a new day!
Old 12-01-2005, 12:18 PM   #158  

Default Hi new here

First name (if you want to tell): Uleta

Geographical location: Texas

Marital Status:been married almost 5 years (may 21)!

Children/Ages: 2 Stream/4yrs and Serenity/21 months

Pets: 3 full grown dogs/ Bear, Taco, Todo, 5 puppies 2 cats Sammie, and (cant type it here) 2 goldfish, a bird, an iguana named Pete, some horses and some cows and some goats

Hobbies/Interests: I am an internet guru. I spend 95 % of my time online. I am also into my animals as you can see. I'm a country girl from the heart and soul

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: hazel green/ redish blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 1, 2005

Starting Weight: 240

Present Weight: 240

Goal Weight: 175 but will be happy at 180.

I just can't wait to feel good about myself and know what it is like tor un and play with my kids without feeling like I am dying. Nice to meet you all.
Uleta
Old 12-04-2005, 10:44 PM   #159  

First name (if you want to tell): Erin

Geographical location: Tennessee

Marital Status: single

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: I'm a history geek who's found a way to incorporate that into a career as an archivist (sort of like a librarian, but with special collections like historic manuscripts). I also love sports, especially college basketball and Nascar.

Eye/Hair Color: green/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February 2003

Starting Weight: 286

Present Weight: 173

Goal Weight: 145-150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: binge eating and the fact that my couch seems so much more inviting than the elliptical!

Following any specific plan: nope

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I had never actually tried before. Honestly, I thought I would fail, so I never really tried.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Good luck to everyone!!!
Old 12-05-2005, 12:06 AM   #160  

Default Getting to know me

First name: Lena

Geographical location: Malaysia

Marital Status: Single

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown/dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Apr 2005

Starting Weight: 178 - 180

Present Weight: 170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: snacking at night, eating all meals, not working out

Following any specific plan: eat less, work out a lot more

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: my mindset, I had lost 15 lbs from Apr - June 05 but gained 10 lbs. back when I started a new job (since August to now). Key thing is working out - which I have not done consistently since August .. so I have to make sure I get the workouts in.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:05 AM   #161  

Geographical location: Japan

Marital Status: married

Pets: one yorkie

Hobbies/Interests: reading, travelling, karaoke, spending time with my husband, playing spades, shopping, and web design

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I started working out again on Oct 4.

Starting Weight: 215

Present Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 145-150...I was wearing a size 6/8 when I was 145 the last time. I'd be happy at a size 8/10 .

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not stopping my workouts after one bad day or after I plateau.

Following any specific plan: Eating well, working out 5-6 times a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I don't feel like I have failed if I miss one day of exercise. I'm honest with myself about my shortcomings. I'm trying to think of exercise as more of a lifestyle than a 3 month goal where I lose 25 lbs and quit.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:04 PM   #162  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Geographical location: Florida

Marital Status: Married, 11 months

Children/Ages: none yet!

Pets: one 5-year-old cat named Tigger. Two one-year-old labrador retrievers at my parents' house. The dogs aren't really mine, but I go to visit them plenty...

Hobbies/Interests: writing, walking, photography, scrapbooking, cooking, knitting, shopping, watching movies (although they're usually very cheesy)

Eye/Hair Color: grey/lt brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: November 26, 2005

Weight goals: lose a total of 17 1/2 pounds. I have lost 6 so far.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: snacking! My husband and I had a habit of eating a lot of empty calories after dinner, more out of boredom than anything. Now we're on the diet, we can't do that, but sometimes it is ever so tempting.

Following any specific plan: South Beach Diet combined with moderate exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: never followed a specific diet plan before, so never had any clear boundaries on what/how much to eat before.

Anything else you would like to share with us: glad to be here on the forum, nice to meet everyone!
Old 12-05-2005, 04:47 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Talking

First name (if you want to tell): Vanessa

Geographical location: Virginia

Children/Ages: none...I work in a high school. That pretty much turns off the need for children, at least for now.

Occupation: Permanent sub at a HS, looking to be a grad student in the spring to get teaching cert.

Pets: 2 psychotic cats who believe I live for nothing but their pleasure.

Hobbies/Interests: Movies, art, TRAVEL, books, writing, going out with friends, cooking, music, museums, history (esp medieval and renaissance), etc

Height: 5'4"-(5'5" when I'm optimistic)

Eye/Hair Color: grey/blonde-brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: November 29, 2005

Starting Weight: 215

Present Weight: 212.5

Goal Weight: 125, but I'd probably settle for something anywhere between that and 145/50.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I'm a really picky eater, and I think about having to eat a meal seperate from my family and it makes me feel guilty. Which means I have to start cooking healthy for everyone. This means I have to think ahead. Ugh.

Following any specific plan: I tried WW and Atkins, and I have found that I lose wieght when i go off these because i think about the food ALL the time. So this time its just doing Taebo 45 min every night and eating healthier and smaller portions. I'm still working on the eating part.

What is different this time in your weight loss effort: Every other time it was a "eh, it would be nice to lose the wieght." This time I have finally reached the point where I look at myself and I'm disgusted with myself. I'm sick of looking like I do, and being unhealthy.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm looking forward to reading the boards for support, friendship and ideas, and giving out the same.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:19 PM   #164  
i am a runner

S/C/G: 165/142/130

Height: 171 cm/ 5' 6.5"

First name (if you want to tell): Poppy

Geographical location: Canada

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: playing viola, soccer (but haven't playing in a while haha), rock climbing, watching movies.

Height: 5' 7.5"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: somewhere around january 2005

Starting Weight: 165

Present Weight: 145

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss:
Eating healthily at school! I don't like bringing my own lunch and everything there is junk or full of fat. And eating when stressed/bored. Especially during exam times.

Following any specific plan:
Sort of ww, but I just count points in my head and estimate. (right now on 23 points a day)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm not sure, it just started when I was a bit depressed and lost my appetite. Once that was over, I just kept on going and didn't stop until september, when I went back to school. Since then, I haven't been following plan at all, I've been stuck at 145. Weirdly enough I haven't gained weight even though I ate anything I wanted and more than I used to when I was losing.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love summer, can't wait till it comes. because this time I'll be ready for it.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:52 AM   #165  
Vegan in Training

First name (if you want to tell): Wilma

Geographical location: California

Marital Status: single, long distance relationship

Children/Ages: none, not ready yet

Pets: We have a cat. Katie Kat.

Hobbies/Interests: internet junkie, work, talking on the phone, going to the beach, swimming, biking, shopping, sleeping... zzz

Eye/Hair Color: brown/dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August '05 - started WeightWatchers

Starting Weight: 210

Present Weight:197

Goal Weight: Would be happy to get down to 160, but my goal set on WW is 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Odd work schedule and occasional feelings of haphazardness

Following any specific plan: WeightWatcher Core Plan (online)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I was starting from a higher place. I used to be in the low 180s, but recently gained more. The added pounds made me feel disgusted with myself enough to give WeightWatchers a try. Now, I'm sort of feeling apathetic again... since it hasn't been working, or I've been lacking the discipline to follow correctly.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm a vegan, and I've found that made being on WeightWatchers harder because it narrowed down the options of what I could eat even further. With both limitations of Core and vegan, I feel like I have to constantly watch what I eat, and I feel very unnatural about that. I think that's why I'm having a hard time. Actually, at the moment, I'm considering trying some other way.

Last edited by Mina; 12-15-2005 at 05:02 AM.
Closed Thread