Old 04-29-2005, 01:38 PM   #1  
Just starting out!

Default Hey all, newbie here!

Thought I'd introduce myself! I'm 22, live in Phoenix, have a bf and a Golden Retriever (and both are even lazier than me!). Right now, I'm 5'5" and 153("ish") pounds.

So basically I was that girl that everybody hated (you know... never worked out but always thin and fit) until a couple years ago. I got a sedentary job, and a sedentary boyfriend, and the weight started creeping on. In the last year and a half I've put on about 30 pounds, which has wreaked havoc on my self-esteem... and my wallet, since I've had to buy a whole new wardrobe!!

It doesn't seem like much but the way that I have put on the weight makes me very uncomfortable.. it has all gone to my midsection, butt and thighs. I no longer possess a waist, although I sport an adorable little Buddha belly. And apparently I am prone to cellulite and stretch marks, because I now have them in abundance. Who gets stretch marks on their knees?? I didn't even gain any weight around my knees!!!!!

So I am SICK of the rolls and the cottage cheese (can't do anything about the stretch marks, sigh) and I am really, honestly going to do something about it this time. I am going today after work to join a gym and I AM GOING TO GO. (I have a bit of an issue with motivation: I have none.)

At my sexiest I weighed in at about 125 pounds of lean muscle, and that is my goal. It was only five years ago. I can still get that body back.

I am going to be getting married sometime in the next couple years (depends on how long he takes to ask ) and dammit, I am going to be smokin' hot in the pictures.

Anyway, hi.
gypzye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 01:47 PM   #2  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Gypzye, welcome! You're an inch taller than me, but other than that we're about the same size! I haven't weighed 125 since I was 14, so my goal right now is 130 (I have a pretty large frame), but maybe you will motivate me to get down to 125 too!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 01:57 PM   #3  
Just starting out!

Hello, paperclippy! I've read a few of your posts around the forum and I think YOU will be motivating ME!!

I have a pretty small frame, so 125 is both reasonable and realistic. Actually, at 125, people always thought I weighed twenty pounds less. Right NOW, people think I weigh 130-ish... people always think I weigh much less than I actually do, probably because I have a small frame. And I do carry my weight fairly well, so long as I have clothes on.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:19 PM   #4  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

hey gypzye, best of luck!

i know what you mean about the weight feeling uncomfortable. thats how i felt when i first got started... it was like "ugh" i just wasnt comfortable in my own skin, at all. i'm sure you can definitely get your old body back!
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 07:04 PM   #5  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Welcome gypzye and good luck to you!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 03:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/209/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Gypzye!
Jessie_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 07:37 PM   #7  
Just starting out!

Hey y'all, thanks so much for the encouragement!