Old 02-28-2005, 12:14 PM   #1  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Talking Weekly Chat 2/28-3/5

Happy Monday Girls!!!!!!!

Let's have a great week, and all post a loss!

Eat smart, exercise, and really push ourselves, let's start off March on the right foot!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 12:29 PM   #2  

Question Good Morning Everyone!

My name is Sandra and I've been browsing this site for a while. I finally decided to log on! I'm wanting to lose about 90 pounds and I've tried every single program out there! In fact, if you need to know about a diet, I'm your woman! On March 1st I'm hoping to start something new for the last time! I read a few articles and know that many people suggest Weight Watchers. It sounds good but at only 1-2 pounds per week, I know I won't feel motivated! Are there any tips to safe but relatively quick weight loss??? Please let me know! Thanks! P.S. How do I do the weight loss marker thingy that comes up with everyone's comments??
SandraP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 04:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

I agree with kicking off March with a bang! I know for those up north getting buried under snow it doesn't seem like it but spring is right around the corner. And then summer. Which means bathing suits, shorts and tank tops so let's get some buff bodies!!

P.S. I listened to my own advice and did a great workout today though I did indulge this afternoon in some cinnamon raisin peanut butter (www.ilovepeanutbutter.com) but it was amazing and I won't snack again until dinner, I swear!
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 09:44 PM   #4  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

I'm all for a kick-butt March!

Welcome Sandra! Congrats on coming to a wonderfully supportive place! I know that being patient about weight loss is hard (trust me, I do know) but you really can't rush it. The weight didn't come on overnight and it won't come off overnight either. How fast are you looking for anyway? I really don't think you're being realistic if you want to lose any more than 3 lbs. a week consistently. Besides, say you lose 1.5 lbs. per week - you'll have lost about 20 lbs. in 3 months. Sounds pretty good to me - I'd sure like to be 20 lbs. lighter by June! Good luck to you and I hope you come around to the idea of safe, consistent weight loss.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 06:32 PM   #5  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

and guys!
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 06:39 PM   #6  
2blessed2Bstressed

awww sorry Slimmings....your are a Stud! in the midst of all of us chicks!
Old 03-01-2005, 07:07 PM   #7  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

not sure if stud is the correct term lol more like a lame washed up workhorse ready for the knackers yard lol
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 08:03 PM   #8  

I'm like Sandra, new to this site. My name is Linda and I joined weightwatchers in Jan. this year. I'm not very computer savy but I noticed nobody answered Sanrdra's question of how to set up a weight loss ruler? Is it very hard to do? In answer to her fast weight loss question I don't know anyone who lost fast and kept it off. This isn't a diet but a life style change. It amazes me that I can still eat out or have a treat during the week and still lose weight. I try to keep focused on how 1lb. a week is going to equal 52lbs by the end of the year. I have lots of questions about menus. Is this the place to ask them?
Linda D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 01:16 AM   #9  
Big-time loser

Hi Linda - in order to put the tracker in your signature, you have to go to the User CP panel (it's up on the purple bar under the title) once there, go to the Edit Signature button of the left hand side on top. It will give you further instructions from there - all you have to do is add that to your signature line to put it at the bottom of all of your posts. And feel free to post anything here - you can also start a new thread to ask a specific question.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:00 PM   #10  
2blessed2Bstressed

Welcome To Sandra & Linda!!!!! Feel free to post away, wherever you like! Good luck to you on your weight loss journeys. Linda sounds like you are on the right track! Sandra you should give Weight Watchers a try, I personally haven't used them, but it might be just what you need to get motivated and just think if you lose one to two pounds a week, you will have lost eight pounds this month already! Better to lose the weight slow and steady rather than too much and gain it all back, rather see those pounds permanently gone!
Old 03-02-2005, 06:38 PM   #11  
Big-time loser

Hey there everybody! Hope everyone is having a wonderful Hump Day. I had a gift certificate to REI (don't know if those exist outside of the NW, but it's an outdoor sports store) and I spent it yesterday. I got a real runner's running shirt, pants, and socks, as well as a resistance band kit thingy. I love the clothes (I haven't really gotten out of them much since yesterday!) and that resistance band is awesome! I really don't like lifting weights, but I found this to be a bit more enjoyable, and it works all the same muscles. It came with a CD and a booklet that explain all of the exercises. I did the whole thing last night, and boy, did it kick my butt! It took about 45 min. and I enjoyed it! I'm looking forward to doing it again tonight. So if anyone out there has looked into these, they come recommended by me!

I've also made a pledge to myself that March will be a month were I am good to my body! I will not binge, I will not overexercise to make up for those binges, I will control what I eat, when I eat and use exercise in a healthy way.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:09 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Jenicra, you must be loving all your new stuff! I went on a mini shopping spree yesterday myself and ended up with a new pink pair of running shorts (oh and white ones too I forgot!) and a purple nike coolmax top. I LOVE getting new stuff, gets me very motivated so now I am off to hopefully complete 4.5 miles of running on the treadmill. That's the goal at least. Have a good Thursday everyone!
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 10:28 AM   #13  
Movin' right along...

Jenicra...I have the resistance band too. I love it! It really kicks my butt.
It has like 6 different exercises to do that each work out different parts of the body.

BTW y'all...I'm new here. These posts have been so inspiring for me!!

Love,
Deanne
chubbyvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 11:34 AM   #14  
2blessed2Bstressed

Smile

Hi girls, how are we doing this week? Are we kicking butt? BETTER BE!!!!! WE can do it! Everything we do will add up, choosing the right foods, getting to the gym, getting off our butts! Let's do this!

Jenicra; I'm with you on the resistance bands! we use them in my cardio class, and they kick my butt!

Deanne: WELCOME!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2005, 03:48 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 164/125/115

Height: 5'6

Default New here

Hi 20-somethings!!

I am also new here. I live in a coastal community and beach season is fast approaching. I have lost so far about twenty pounds (took me two years ), but this last fifteen pounds is kicking my butt. I am a member at Gold's Gym and my goal is working out three times a week and healthier eating. If I may join the Easter Challenge, my goal weight will be 140 lbs.

sw: 165
cw: 145
gw: 130

Last edited by kobe21; 03-03-2005 at 03:50 PM.
kobe21 is offline   Reply With Quote