Old 01-05-2005, 10:01 PM   #16  
I hate chub-rub!

Height: 5'6"

Smile

Hi,
I just wanted to pop my head in to your forum. I've been wandering around for a couple weeks and I'm just starting to post. I'm 20 (21 in exactly a month!), going to college part time, full time job, and teaching 2 yoga classes a week. Good thing is I work at an ISP, so I'm online alot and can post freely. There are many reasons I want to get in shape, but I really want to get healthy for my yoga students. They love my class & I feel like I'm cheating them because I should be pushing harder or doing more things. Anyway, I will be around and look forward to learning more about you all.
kellibee2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 04:23 AM   #17  
Go, Banana!

lololol i love it!!! you sisters make me giggle. and tanny if it makes u feel not so alone... a nickname for me at work is helpy helperton cuz im so darn helpful lololol.
ohh its late im delirious ... g'nite.
eyereenah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 03:08 PM   #18  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Talking

Hi Kellibee, welcome to the group! It's a fun bunch as you can see from all our chatter.

MEGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I busted out laughing in my cubicle like a hyena reading your post! Girl you are to funny. You have a great personality, it comes across great on the boards! Also, wanted to throw in my praise on your commitment and determination at the gym and everything you are doing to get fit! Whew girl, I am trying to catch up with you!!
I watched the SI thing last night. All of the girls have great bodies, but at what costs to their health? I mean, when they were having to do the simon says workout competition, they all looked pretty out of shape. Then later at dinner, they were eating pieces of lettuce (which is what I would do if I was there also!!!) but seriously this is soo unrealistic and not something someone could keep doing in the long term. I'm sure you all agree.
I'm a reality junkie, but lately these shows are getting on my nerves!!! w/ the exception of the amazing race and the bachelorette coming up looks great. Lots of eye candy!
PS. my name come from my nick name also! I have a long running history of spilling pretty much everything! I don't allow myself to drink red wine in my living room for that matter...kind of pathetic. Everyone that knows me calls me Spill, I mean, everyone!!

welcome back Mrs!!!! Sasha

Last edited by spillthebeans; 01-06-2005 at 03:15 PM.
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:31 PM   #19  

I love the amazing race! It is the only reality show I think I would ever want to do! Also the fact it is presented by Phil Keogh is pretty cool. He's a kiwi and when I was like 4 I had a major crush on him. He was on this kids educational/new programme called Spot On! I even called one of my pet lambs Spot On! he he...

As for spilling things, Spill you are not alone. That is the ONE good thing about polished wood floors.. I can spill away to my hearts content, and as I am the only one in my flat who cleans I just wipe it up nicely! he he..Except that doesn't work to well on the couch or my duvet or the curtains. I even managed to get Tiramisu on our 10ft stud ceiling once. I got told once that being unco is a sign of High Intelligence! so how about we go with that one.

Well today my boy finally made it offshore, so now I have 12 days of selfishness! he he.. and missing him.. but it will give me more time to exercise - maybe give Megan a run for her money on the gym going stakes!

Well I was thinking maybe we have a question for the day? Help us get to know each other a bit better and just have a bit of fun.
So here's the first one:
Who are your favourite band, and when did you first get into them?

I am a COMPLETE Blind Melon fan (bee girl/no rain song for most people). They had 2 wicked albums before the lead singer died accidentally on tour and another good one after his death. The music always lifts me up and makes me feel good, even when the things behind my smile aren't ok..I got into them in '92 and then big time in about '94. Close second is Stone Temple Pilots. '93/94
HAL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 11:12 PM   #20  
I hate chub-rub!

I religiously watch, American Idol, America's Next Top Model, Survivor, and The Amazing Race. I haven't missed an episode since I got a TiVo over a year ago. I hardly watch anything else. I have to hear about a good show by word of mouth. I agree, Phil is a Choo Choo Charlie
~eyereenah~ I said the same thing to my grandma once about the same thing. My Grandma thinks she can say what she wants, she's earned it, but I got her goose.

I'm italian and mexican and either way, I think I'm doomed. But then I look at beautiful fit latinas & it must be possible. If not, rock it like JLo & ppl will love it too. That's what I do, and keep a good attitude. Sure you want to change, but you might as well enjoy it while you have it.
~NBK~My favorite band is the Red Hot Chili Peppers!!! Give it away now! I love how funky they are, and no matter how I feel, they have a song that makes me feel better. Close second (if not tied) are the Beatles. I absolutely love their songs and jam to them like its brand new on the radio. How funny the gen gap can be.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:28 PM   #21  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

NBK - wow tough question, i have a really wide taste in music, but i'll go with ani difranco to answer this... i started listening to her when i was 15, when I saw her in concert with Bob Dylan and was just amazed. i think she is the most incredibly talented musician, and her lyrics are genius.

spill - wow, thank you, you are helping out my self-esteem. its really cool for me to have this board and be able to joke around and know that people will get it. i'm actually interested in seeing this SI show. at least they were eating lettuce - wouldn't we all want to shoot them if they were sitting around eating fried chicken? at least we know they have to work for it alittle.

here's my problem with the bachelor/bachelorette. lets take jen for example. why do all these guys like her? just because she is pretty and nice doesnt mean every guy in the world will love her. there has to be one guy in the bunch who just finds her to completely suck once he gets to know her. so i think it would be more realistic if during on rose ceremony one guy would just say "no i dont want the rose because i'm really not interested in you at all." this hasn't happened, has it? (i havent watched them all)

i had turkey chili for lunch - is that healthy? it seemed healthy, it had a lot of beans in it. i dont know how to add that in to my calorie tally. this is why i hate buying lunch. but it was good. last night BF left me a stuffed chicken thing to eat that came out of a box, and i looked at the box (which i dug out of the garbage) and it had 380 calories in it!! what the...? of course i ate it anyway because i had some calories to spare but i had to yell at him. he was like "i KNEW you were going to go into the garbage, i should have taken the garbage out before i left" haha.

did anyone watch the OC last night? seth (adam brody) was so funny when he was drunk (when he flipped over the car trying to be 'stealth.')
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 02:24 PM   #22  
Living the Laguna life...

Hmmm...well i agree with kellibee....my all time favorite band would have to be the beatles..so timeless!! But right now i'm definitely on a rascall flatts thing (yay country!)
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 10:45 AM   #23  
I CAN DO THIS

hello everyone this morning. Still haven't had my coffee although I am thinking on a cup of tea this morning. I haven't been posting because I really don't want to bring anyone down with my crappy moods as of this week. Just wanted to drop in and say hi.

Stephanie
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 11:43 AM   #24  

i'm dropping in to say hello also. i hope everyone is having a good week! I haven't posted much in the "chat" threads but i'm going to try to post a little more from now on!
aimes523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 12:08 PM   #25  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Ashlie: I hope you start feeling better!!!! I was in a crappy mood earlier this week and I couldn't kick it...guess what worked?? One hour at they gym. You know what they say an hour at the gym keeps the crabbys away.

Aimes, hope to see you around more!

Have a great wkend everyone!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 02:17 PM   #26  
Go, Banana!

Default Wo0! we is woman hear us growl!

awww blind melon. i LOVE them but i think if i could have any musician it would be ben harper *sigh* i love him.... lol

kelli... being how we are... it is such an inspiration to see Jlo... even though i really can not stand her. she is beautiful... with a big booty (and thighs n hips)! lol YaY! for the latinas! it totally breaks all the standards that america has put on what is beautiful and acceptable and for that i applaude her.
eyereenah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 02:56 PM   #27  
I hate chub-rub!

I know what you mean, I think the whole world has a love/hate relationship w/ JLo. It's almost Britney-esque. Speaking of breaking the beauty mold, can you believe all the (some almost) 40 year old actresses that are landing cosmetic contracts? Ashley Judd w/ American Beauty, Nicole Kidman w/ Chanel, Samantha from Sex & the city is covergirls newest & the oldest to sign w/ them. Julianne Moore w/ Revlon & Sarah Jessica Parker & GAP (who can miss those incessant ads).
Old 01-09-2005, 03:58 PM   #28  

eyereenah -seriously, you are not pulling my chain here? you like BM too! YIPPEEE!!! OMG... melonheads are very few and far between.

Megan- ani di franco is amazing. My first 'real' concert was bob dylan, it was his time out of mind tour. I got a front row ticket (i cried about it!) and got to shake his hand! he he he we had patti smith as a warm up act, she was incredible. so intense.

As for older models it's great. Catherine Zeta Jones for elizabeth arden? too. Mind you I just think angelina jolie is amazing. she is sooo hot. but at least she has some curves on her skinny body!

So I had a weird experience last night.. I am used to feeling revoltingly stuffed after junkfood.. but I got it on broccolli! I had a HUGE (1/2 a head)amount with my tuscan steak thingy I made and I just felt so poked. It tasted sooo good and I was starving when I had dinner.. binging on veges can't be too bad can it?

Megan, turkey chilli is meant to be healthier, it's often suggested as a low cal but still tasty alternative to the real thing!

well have to get back to work
cheerio
Tiff
HAL123 is offline   Reply With Quote