Old 08-04-2004, 03:51 PM   #1  

Default New girl!

Hey, I just joined today and wanted to say hi.

I'm not quite a 20 something, I'm 19, but after looking at the teens only group, I felt more comfortable here. I've just started seriously working on my weight this week although I have struggled with it my whole life and it has gone up and down. Over the past year I have gained alot of weight from starting college, and having major back surgery. I'm hoping to get down to the weight I was before my back problems and then work from there, that makes my short term goal about 215. I put the weight of fast because I couldn't move much and was on medication, I know it has to come off slowly, and I want to start taking it off today.

Um, so to introduce myself some more, my name is Sarah, like I said I'm 19, I'm in college and I'm looking for a little motivation and support as I try and lose weight. Any suggestions are welcome, and I hope to keep up with this, you all sound so nice and interesting, and i could really use the support.

Well thanks for listening and I hope to hear from you guys soon.
Scowell85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 04:27 PM   #2  

Hello and Welcome. I am new as well and am young (21). I am in the same boat as you. Congrats on choosing to make a healthy choice. From what I can tell from this site you have all the help, support, motivation ect to get you to your goal. You go Girl!!!
Redding_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 04:38 PM   #3  

Hi scowell85 how are you? Well welcome to the group. I am 20 years old and also attending college. My weight is at 257 and I have been struggling since the end of high school to lose weight. If you or anyone else needs someone to talk to i have yahoo messenger and my sign in name is reina_002002. Hopefully we can be a support for each other.
Carmen
Carmelita83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 07:14 PM   #4  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Scowell - welcome! I hope you'll find this place motivating and helpful as you work towards reaching your goals.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 07:30 AM   #5  

Thank you guys for the support and I hope to get to know you all better! Let the journy begin!
Scowell85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 02:00 PM   #6  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Thumbs up

Welcome Scowell!!!

Being in college is a stressful time, I think that is when I really started packing on the pounds! Eating way too much in the cafeteria, too much beer & pizza, and no excercise ( I took the bus across campus!) It's all about choices...and you are making the right choice to take control of your health!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 02:03 PM   #7  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

hi and welcome sarah!!!! i am sorry to hear about your back problems, i hope you are feeling better. best of luck with your weight loss, and i hope to chat with you soon!!!
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 02:46 PM   #8  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi Sarah! Welcome to the boards. I think we're all the same boat, it seems. I am 22 and looking to drop about 60lbs. I'm at University myself up in New England and it has deffinetly played a part in my horrific eating patterns. I used to get McDonalds about every day just because it was easy and cheap. Looking back on it, I wish I could have just driven right on past! Congratulations on making a choice to be healthier, its a tough one and we all know that.
Anyway, hope to see you chatting it up! Bye ladies,
-Usagi

Last edited by Usagi; 08-05-2004 at 02:49 PM.
Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote