Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 11:12 AM   #1  
Movin' and Losin'

Question The Hardest Thing

What is the hardest thing for you about losing weight and what are you doing/have you done to overcome it?

The hardest thing for me is staying motivated. Thanks to you ladies and my TOPS group, I am more motivated each day!

Jina
Old 10-20-2003, 11:52 AM   #2  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Same here, the hardest thing, is staying motivated. My goal for this month was to workout at least 5 times a week. I think I'm averaging maybe once or twice a week. ARGH, I just can't get my butt off to the track lately...just being lazy! Any suggestions on how to get back to being motivated?
Old 10-20-2003, 02:41 PM   #3  

Besides being motivated.. I would say that convincing myself that my new body is good.. is also very hard. I just wonder if there will ever be a point.. either on the scale or looking in the mirror where I think my size is perfect and I don't need to lose anymore weight..

It something I have struggled with as I near my goal weight.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:53 PM   #4  

Spillthebeans....just an idea....maybe you'd be more motivated for your workouts if you tried something new & fun? Maybe you just need something a little different (a class, a video, whatever) to spice things up & get you excited about exercise again! Just a thought.

Jen
Old 10-25-2003, 11:10 AM   #5  
2blessed2Bstressed

Thanks for the suggestion Jen24, I'm getting the Pilates dvds and am going to add that to my routine... It's starting to get chilly here, so it will be nice to do something indoors and in my living room! It has me excited again and motivated! Thank you!
Old 10-28-2003, 11:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Me too - motivation is the HARDEST thing!! I never have enough of that! What I wish I had is an exercise buddy. All of my friends here and myself are members at *different* gyms so we can't really go together. And besides some of them are so *way* beyond me (i.e. marathons etc.), it would be a laugh-and-a-half to try and partner up with them - I'd more prefer someone that had similar concerns as me! Although I'm starting to recognize people at the local YMCA that I go to, so maybe something will develop there - it's just I always feel that so many people at the gym are at such a different stage than I am.
Old 10-29-2003, 09:13 PM   #7  

My hardest thing would have to be PATIENCE. I am determined to enjoy the *entire* journey this time....but sometimes that's so tough and I just want to BE THERE already! I've lost 42 pounds, but I still have between 40-50 to go! So, you could say I'm about at the halfway point in this journey. I'm working hard to just enjoy where I'm at (i.e. I feel & look so much better now than I did 4 months ago), but I'm not always successful. I find myself thinking about the future a lot, and how it'll FEEL to be a truly "normal" or "average" size again...it's been a LONG time since I've been down even NEAR the 150-lb. area. 9 years to be exact....my junior year in high school. Oh, the things I've learned since then!

Jen
Old 10-30-2003, 11:49 AM   #8  
2blessed2Bstressed

Jen24! I totally am feeling you on that one! I am constantly thinking abou thte future, and how great I'm going to look and feel. I try and stop myself and be thankful that I've lost 36lbs, but keep thinking mostly about those last 15lbs! I wonder if I'll be happy when I finally reach my goal??

5'11
age 25
SW-201
CW-165
GW-150
Closed Thread