Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 03:23 AM   #1  

Talking Hello, I'm new here! Intro...

I'm Christine, 23yo married SAHM of 3 (2 boys, 7yo & 4yo; 1 girl, 14mo). I'm so glad I found this forum. I'm really trying hard to get back on the weightloss wagon. I lost about 20lbs after my Dd was born, but this summer I've been eating horribly and gained it all back. Our 5yr anniversary is coming up in December, and I realized that I've gained about 30lbs since I got married - trying to reverse that trend NOW!!!

If I'm going to do this I have to make a very specific plan, so here's what I'll be doing for the rest of this week:

* Getting my house clean so I'm not so stressed out.

* Planning some menus on Fitday.

* Checking out the class schedule at my health club (again), pick some classes, and WRITE THEM ON THE CALENDAR!!! Plan what exercise I will be doing on the days I have no classes and WRITE IT ON THE CALENDAR!!!

* Buying a ton of bottled water. (I am a horrible Diet Coke junkie, mainly because it's soooo convenient to just grab a can while I'm running around. I'm just too lazy to take out a glass!)

* Be ready to weigh in and post my goals on Monday.

I'm kind of embarassed to admit what has spurred me to get off my butt now: The other day an old boyfriend called me out of the blue. I don't expect to hear from him again any time soon, but it struck me that I was glad I hadn't run into him somewhere because it would be humiliating for him to see how much I've let myself go since I saw him last. I DON'T WANT TO BE ASHAMED OF MY BODY ANYMORE!!! I miss feeling attractive. I miss feeling athletic. I miss owning jeans that aren't too tight!!!

Anyway, I'm glad to be here! The last time I lost weight I was part of an online group and it was such a great motivator for me. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Old 09-17-2003, 10:51 AM   #2  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Welcome Christine! It looks like you have a great plan. I look forward to reading more posts by you.

May I suggest getting a case of 16.9 ounce bottled water. That way it would be easy for you to grab the water thats already prepackaged. Especially since you're probably really busy with 3 kids most of your time.

See you around the boards

Last edited by mocha74; 09-17-2003 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-17-2003, 11:07 AM   #3  

Welcome Christine! Sounds like you are on starting on a great plan! Jess made a great suggest.. thats one of my hardest things to do.. keep drinking water.

I can imagine you have your hands full with 3 kids! That must be a workout in itself.

Be sure to join our monthly challenges.
Old 09-17-2003, 01:41 PM   #4  
Divine Gal

Welcome Christine; sounds like u have a great plan. Looking forward to hearing from you more.

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 09-17-2003, 05:01 PM   #5  

Hi Christine!
Welcome to the board! It's good to have you here--this is a great place to be!
What part of MN are you in? I grew up in SD and went to college in MN (Crown College, at the extreme western edge of the Mpls/St. Paul metro area). Just curious!
About drinking more water--I personally find bottled water to be an expense I'm just not willing to incur. However, I'm on the go a lot and like to keep drinking water throughout the day. I just buy one bottle to start with, and then just keep refilling it over & over. Works for me! But you do whatever works for you--drinking water is such a wonderful, healthy habit to get into!

Again, welcome, and I'm looking forward to seeing you around here--

Jen
Old 09-17-2003, 05:31 PM   #6  
Movin' and Losin'

Welcome, Christine! I'm glad you're here! I'm looking forward to hearing more from you soon.

Take care,
Jina
Old 09-17-2003, 09:01 PM   #7  
it's the getting up

Talking welcome

Christine! Hey there, you will love these gals there are the best! We are a fun bunch and there's a lot of good knowledge floating around here in case you need it. But most of all welcome, and hope to see you around here!
Old 09-18-2003, 12:10 AM   #8  

Thanks for the welcome everybody! I'm really excited to be here, and it's wonderful to get such a warm welcome.

About the water: It really does kind of sicken me to think about spending all that money on bottled water, but I think I'm going to bite the bullet at the beginning and stock my fridge. I do usually keep a bottle in my car to refill when I'm at the gym, but at home I'm just horrible, so I'm hoping that I can make water a habit and then stop buying it all prepackaged. I think at first though I'll have to make it as easy as possible for lazy self!

So far today I got part of my house cleaned, but that's it. That is a very major thing though - there were toys strewn EVERYWHERE and I had a mountain of laundry a mile high, and the day just starts badly and goes downhill from there if you wake up in the morning, realize you have no clean clothes to wear, then stub your toe! Life is always crazy though the first few weeks after school starts. My boys (and me!) are starting to get into the swing of the new routine though so I'm hoping things will smooth out now. My project for tomorrow is making my menus on Fitday! (And finishing the laundry too. )

Thanks again for the welcome!

P.S.
Yay, I figured out how to get an avatar!!!
Old 09-21-2003, 11:55 AM   #9  
on my way down!

Welcome Christine!

Sounds like you have a busy busy life!! I wish you MUCH success with your weight loss...we will all be here to support when you need it
Closed Thread