Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 04:08 PM   #1  
it's the getting up

Question Pulling out the "IF" book

I got a set of the "If" books as a gift a few years back and haven't really played with them much so here is a question for you all..... "What is your Best vice?"

My best vice would have to be the fact that I care too much for others at times. Sometimes this comes back to haunt me and I end up getting hurt. But a lot of the time I'm the only one still around (when others have given up on that person) for someone who really just needs to be listened to or a little help.
Old 09-18-2003, 04:12 PM   #2  

I LOVE the "If" books! They are so much fun for a group of friends to answer w/ each other! My friends & I used to do that in college sometimes.
I'm not sure what's meant by "best" vice....if it means "most common" vice, then mine USED TO BE food (for comfort! for anything!), and now.......not sure! I guess I have a hard time feeling satisfied/fulfilled with life sometimes. Don't know if that's a vice, but I have that problem!

Jen
Old 09-18-2003, 07:11 PM   #3  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Mine is kind of like sunseekers but its not that I care too much its just that I am always caring for others and forget about myself. I put others needs before mine and sometimes I need to just stop and think about "me."

May I suggest "The Book of Questions" by Gregory Stock. This is the best book. My bf and I went through the whole book when we first started dating. Let me tell you that you can learn a lot about someone from those questions. Even if you've known someone for your whole life the answers to some of these questions will surprise you.
Old 09-18-2003, 10:42 PM   #4  
it's the getting up

Thanks, I'm gonna have to check that book out, there are questions in the "If" set that I would of never thought of. What a great idea to sit down and go through them with someone your dating!
Old 09-19-2003, 12:26 AM   #5  
Movin' and Losin'

Oooh... my best vice. As in a vice that's good? Is that what you're asking? If so, I guess I'd say that I hardly ever say "No." That's great for other people who need something done, I guess. They know they can come to me, and I'll do what they need done. I think my boss particulary likes this vice of mine!

Jina
Old 09-19-2003, 11:21 PM   #6  
it's the getting up

Jina, I totally am in that same boat. Saying "No" is so hard, especially when people know that they can count on you to always say yes. I have a "friend" that every time she calls starts out with "want to do me a favor, I need a favor, or can you do this for me?" I've about had it with her, next time I will be saying "no" though!
Old 09-20-2003, 12:17 AM   #7  
Movin' and Losin'

Good for you, Jamie!! I've never really gotten to the point of saying "No!" to someone. I'd love to say it to my boss sometimes since he tends to goof off and pile work on me, but I think he'd be the worst person to start out telling "No!" to!

Jina
Closed Thread