Old 08-14-2017, 02:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 320/310/170

Height: 5'5"

Smile Losing weight with PCOS

Hello! I'm Chrissy. I'm fixing to 25 in a few weeks. I have two beautiful little girls who are 6&5 and both are in school now. I'm now a stay at home mom since I have been with my current husband. We got pregnant last year in Nov. 2016 and we were so excited to be welcoming his first and my third. But sadly we had a M/C in Jan 2017 at 11 weeks(stopped growing at 9weeks). SO ever since I have been home I have been gaining weight and it has pretty much tappered off now and I havent gained anymore for a while but losing the weight is a whole new battle I have been trying to fight. I was put on Metformin by my OB and it helped me lose 10 pounds but that is all I have been able to lose. So I have decided that when we do our monthly food shopping that Im going to be doing the soup diet during the day and then have the hearty supper at the end of the day, and drink as much water as I can stomach. I want to at least be under 290 by the time October comes because my back has been killing me if I have to walk to far for any length of time. I'm hoping that this will help me finally get the weight loss started.
cck9692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 05:59 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Hello and welcome to 3FC! Another PCOS'er joined yesterday- and I know there's others on here. I think you'll find some great support!

Good luck!
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/174/130

Height: 5'2"

I also have pcos. I just finished week one of ideal protein and have lost 8 pounds! Low carb is the only thing that helps me lose weight. Good luck!
Sprucegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/189/154

Height: 1.65m

Hi Chrissy! So sorry to hear about your loss . I also used Metformin, for about 2 years, it helped me lose weight to a point with insulin resistance. Anyway,I have to agree with another commenter that low carb is a good choice. Breads, pasta, sugary foods, etc really wreck havoc on us PCOS ladies blood sugar as well as hormones. Good fats and moderate protein is a good way to go, as protein and fats tend to keep one fuller for longer. Some of my favourite easy food to eat are pecan nuts, free-range eggs, mycroprotein, cheese, small amounts of red lentils, sugar free 100% bran flakes with full fat milk or almond milk topped with blueberries, vegetables such as cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower "rice" etc... I just base my diet around reducing the amount of carbs I eat, A food item that has the "highest" amount of carbs out of my meals for the day I'd eat in the morning for breakfast (for example the bran flakes) so it can be used instead of stored, People tend to struggle with their bowel movements on a low carb diet, I adjusted my diet to suit myself in preference. I'm not following it "by the book" as you can see, I don't eat meat, chicken, fish or seafood of any kind so I don't have a lot of options, but I manage and it has been working so far. I'm losing weight. I hope that helps
MeganLee is offline   Reply With Quote