Old 05-14-2017, 09:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 138.8/141/120

Height: 5'5"

Default Need support

I posted an intro on here less than a week ago. I thought I could do better w my food choices but have done AWFUL in this past week. Been eating tons of sugar and it has been chaos. I dont know where to turn. I feel helpless and my clothes don't fit me for work and I am so worried I won't be able to lose this weight and stop this dependence on food. Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe a 'diet' buddy? Is anyone willing to do that with me? I need someone to be accountable to. I was in a 12 step program called greysheeters anonymous which worked, and I lost 30 lbs and kept it off for one year. It is a long story but I left bc for many reasons I felt like it wasn't right for me . I just need help and to not feel so alone, so that I can stick to a food plan. So depressed and tired of feeling physically terrible and bloated and hopeless.
jq23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 05:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/204/135

Height: 5'6

I truly know how you feel. Sugary, fatty and easy convenience food is an addiction for me, and trying to reduce how much I eat is really difficult, so I'm just trying to reduce it slowly to give myself a chance at not freaking out.
I've found that posting online is a good way to stay accountable as it's not just me who can see what I'm doing, random people can too and that makes me want to try harder. Otherwise keeping a journal could help? Writing down the times you eat, how you're feeling before you eat and what you ate, can help you spot patterns in behaviour that could be worked on.
The problem with food and weight, is that food is never the real problem as it's usually a reaction to something else.
I hope that this site makes you feel like you aren't alone with this.
lunaaabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:47 AM   #3  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hey, iI recently started a facebook page for those who felt that they needed a little extra support. Its just called 3FC 20-Somethings, you should be able to search for us. Its just starting up but it might be something that would help you out a little bit more.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:54 PM   #4  

Hi jq23!

I agree with Scotsgal, the facebook group we started has been a great way to kind of just post thoughts and get a relatively quick response and support. I'd love to help you there and here!

It really does suck when your clothes don't fit, I have been there and it is a truly crappy feeling. Maybe you can purchase just one item or even an accessory that fits you well now, so you can feel extra confident and wear it on the day you need that boost? I bet you don't want to buy a whole new set of clothes, but I think it's important to help yourself feel beautiful now, so that you feel even more motivated to continue to care for your body. When I feel down on my appearance, it makes me not want to take care of myself. Just a thought, but we're all here for you and cheering you on!
Marie3 is offline   Reply With Quote