Old 09-01-2015, 08:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 238 / 235 / 154

Height: 5ft 6in

Default Healthy food for on the go

I don't know about anyone else, but I really struggle finding lunches and things that I can eat on the go that are healthy...

I was hoping to get some inspiration for breakfast and lunch meals that I can eat at work (that stops me running to the shops to buy a sandwich and crisps!)

golfergirl38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 11:10 AM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I eat a very, very large salad. Choices are endless.

Typically in mine I have kale, kimchi, olives, sundried tomatoes, roasted garlic, dates, feta cheese, balsamic vinegar, guacamole, hummus, tomato, onion, walnuts, mushrooms, and lettuce topped off with two or three cans of fish.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 11:22 AM   #3  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

^ Oh yes I second that. I got really into roasted veggie salads for a while. I would make a few days worth and stick them in the fridge.

I think the key is figuring out what you like and then planning ahead. If you have something with you that you enjoy, you'll be less likely to go out to get something.

For breakfast I make smoothies or a fruit salad with nuts and a squirt of lime juice. For lunch I tend to make a lot of soups because they are so easy. Do you have access to a microwave and refrigeration?
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 11:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

I also keep seeing those salad-in-a-jar things on Pinterest and want to try. Basically you built it from wet to dry, with the dressing etc. on the bottom and put salad greens on the top so they don't get soggy. I think you could even make them the night before
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote