Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 04:50 PM   #31  

Thanks Carolyn! I'm starting to get nervous about the planning.. but I think it will turn out ok. I think August 28th is the date.. but I have to run it by my family and his

So these darn 2.5 pounds.. it doesnt seem like much... but its hard .I am trying not to focus on the scale so much.. but I really would love to get down to 145 (or even 140!).. but I am a size 8 and pretty happy. My self image seems to change day by day... some days I think I am fat.. other days I think I am ok.. I just wish I could have some magic mirror that tells me what I really look like so I can stop being so hard on myself.

Anyways.. I am gonna take a nap. Have a good day ladies!
Old 08-07-2003, 05:12 PM   #32  
Hoping for Success

August 28th is my brothers birthday. That will be a nice date to wear a really cute summery dress.
I know what you mean about the being happy with yourself I am at 144 right now and about a size 8, but this is my starting weight because my doctor told me that I am overweight for my height and all. He also said that i need to lower my body fat and all that stuff. I am "supposed" to be at 125!!!! Well when you find that magic mirror please tell me where to find one too.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:37 PM   #33  

Hey guys,

I went to the medical office at work and it said that I weighed 192 #'s! I sure can't believe that I think its wrong, I shouldnt' have gone there before eating since it just depressed me. Well when I came home it was at 188 #'s, now I don't know which one to believe. I must say that the one at work did look a bit off since it would never get to the center it would either fall down or go up if I moved the weight. This is so frustrating, I wish I had some sort of magic wand or something!

see yah guys,
sleepy
Old 08-07-2003, 08:31 PM   #34  
Hoping for Success

I don't ever trust some of the medical offices scales. Trust what you think is right! I once had a doctor tell me I was 157 when I was only 135!!!! Oh to be 135 again.....

you know what's right.

cheer up you are doing great!
Old 08-08-2003, 07:17 PM   #35  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Do you have a good scale at home? I had a health-o-meter scale for about 2 years and I come to find out that it was 3 pounds off. Now I have a Tanita scale and it is right on the money with the doctors scales. Even though the scale was a little expensive it is worth it.
Old 08-08-2003, 07:57 PM   #36  

Hey guys,

Funny you should say that mocha because I do have a health-o-meter scale, but this is not what I want to hear about it, lol. I guess I need to get another type of scale I wonder if the digital ones are better than the dial ones. Well aside from that I've still been excercising each day since last week tuesday, which is a great accomplishment. I have to say I almost didn't do it this morning but I got up from bed and went ahead because I have to reach my goal!!!!! I'm telling you guys the day I reach 170 I'm doing cartwheels up and down the streets, lol.

have a good weekend!
-Sleepy
Old 08-10-2003, 12:10 AM   #37  
Healthy and Positive!

Sleepyangel, have you "calibrated" your scale at home? Every couple of weeks, I put my ten pound weights on the scale and see how accurate it is. LOL, I know.. Not very scientific but it makes me feel better!

Ok, I'm getting a late start here but here are my August goals:

1. Exercise cardio 5-6 per week
2. Do Pilates 3 times per week
3. Drink at least 64 oz of water every day
4. Eat at least 2 veggies every day
5. Think of myself as a fabulous person who deserves only the best in life.. Wow, that's the tough one!

Good luck girls!

~Crystal
Old 08-10-2003, 11:03 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Post So far so good

Hi Ladies,

Goal progress, very good so far. Almost at 199, 1,5 pounds left to go! The mental stuff is coming along well and motivation is great too. And the food, well, after the little moment of weakness, i've been better than ever, having to lose those 4 pounds again was a great motivator to stay on program let me tell you.

Hope everyone else is moving along nicely.

Tummy

Last edited by Tummy Girl; 08-11-2003 at 07:42 AM.
Old 08-10-2003, 02:03 PM   #39  
on my way down!

well i am comming into this late but dont want to sit out this month

Im aiming to loose 5lbs by the end of the month im currently at 212lbs so i want to be at least 207lbs by the end of the month...small goal i know but its my first one so im aiming low untill i know whats possible rather than bum myself out

I also want to drink more water...at least 2 litres a day to start with

I walk twice a day for at least 30 mins each time with the dogs anyway so thats a hour of walker per day Keep that up too!!
Old 08-11-2003, 07:38 AM   #40  

Talking Goal one down, 3 more to go

Ok enough said, hit 199 today and just thrilled. New short term goal 189, I'm taking it 10lbs at a time. I'll see how far I get for the rest of the month and September's gonna be fabulous.

And thank you so much for all the support and kind words, you have no idea how much it's helped and will continue to be a huge part of this for me. for all of you.

Tummy

Last edited by Tummy Girl; 08-11-2003 at 07:44 AM.
Old 08-11-2003, 09:53 AM   #41  
Hoping for Success

TUMMY!!!!!!! Do a dance girl!!!!!
I am so happy for you! I have ben wiating for this day and I am so happy! I love to see you all make such great goals. Let's go 189! This way you can feel like an even newer person!
WOO-Hoo
Old 08-11-2003, 11:02 AM   #42  

Congrats Tummy!
Old 08-12-2003, 01:09 AM   #43  
on my way down!

Tummt thats great news!! Congrats
Old 08-12-2003, 09:11 PM   #44  
Healthy and Positive!

woooohooooo! You are in onederland Tummy! Go Tummy, go Tummy, go, go, go Tummy!!

Hugs,
Crystal
Old 08-13-2003, 12:08 AM   #45  

Post Thank you Thank you

Just when I think I might run out of motivation, the body does some magic, and then there's always everyone here that makes a world of difference!

Tummy
Closed Thread