Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 03:09 PM   #1  

Talking Share Non-Scale Victories!!!

Here's mine:
Today I wore my regular, old usual size 20 Old Navy pants while I was out doing my errands. Well, I kept having the weird sensation of my lower back/underwear showing! I thought my shirt was hiking up, but it turns out that as I was walking, my pants were shimmying lower & lower! I was pretty pumped when I figured out that was it.
And this is after only around a 10-lb. loss so far! I'm excited to know that it won't be long before I get to go shopping for pants/bottoms in smaller sizes!
Let's hear some of your recent non-scale victories! They are motivating!

Jen
Old 07-31-2003, 08:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Angry Congrats Jen

Jen,

That is so fantastic, who would have thought that when we all started this that, having our clothes fall off in public would have been success but you're right.

My size 18's have decided to go south during the day too! I've had to unpack my box of 16 pants so I can retain a wee bit of modesty and it feels just fantstic. I have this favorite red skirt that was one of my motivators for losing weight. You know the outfit that makes you feel like a million bucks; the skirt is mine. Well 2 weeks ago it made me feel like meat in a sausage casing, no more, fits great and is even a bit loose!!

Come on everyone, there has to be more no scale success than this, it can't be all about the numbers all the time. Would love to hear some small victories.

Tummy
Old 07-31-2003, 10:55 AM   #3  

Angry I'm with you!

You're right, Tummy, there's got to be more folks out there with non-scale victories to report! I hope we hear of more.
Congrats on your clothing victories--it is sweet success indeed to fit into something that makes us feel GREAT, that we haven't worn in a long time. I love that kind of victory!
Let's keep looking for those--

Jen
Old 07-31-2003, 11:04 AM   #4  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Hey Jen and Tummy,

Okay so here's my non-scale victory for the week:

The other day when I decided to go lap swimming I was afraid to put my swim suit on. I bought it last year and have only wore it once when I went to the water slides. I know I have gained about 13 pounds since last summer so I was freakin' out on how I was going to look. I put it on and was surpised that I looked okay. I happily went to lap swim not caring what anyone thought no matter what the numbers on the scale said because I was confident and comfortable w/me. It's good to know that even though I am trying to be a healthier me and I'm not where I want to be yet I can still look at myself and say "I'm happy w/who I am even if I'm not to goal."

Smiles to everyone
Old 08-02-2003, 11:13 AM   #5  

That is so fantastic Mocha!!

You get a bunch of dancing icons! I'm waiting patiently for that swimsuit day...bought 20 lbs away I think. It gives inspiration that it is possible! Thank you!

Tummy
220/203/145
Old 08-03-2003, 01:36 PM   #6  
Cute Chick

S/C/G: 254/202/135

Height: 5'0"

let's see..no scale victories...well...at the beginning of the 12/02...I hit my highest weight of 202...I was UPSET! But I just looked in the mirror one day after getting out of the shower and pointed out all the things on my body that I wanted to change ( all physical of course)...then I started to think of all the things that I loved about myself...and I knew that when that list became longer than the first...There was something wrong with that mentality...SO...everyday...I started doing that, looking at myself in the mirror and finding all the things I loved...all the sudden...the things that I wanted to change seemed to disappear...around the same time my weight had been giving me alot of back problems...I knew that I had to lose weight if I ever wanted to have children (doctor's orders)....I started modifiying what i ate, eliminating sodas, sugars...etc...and I dropped about 15 lbs in about 4 weeks....I am comfortable in a 2-peice bathing suit (a tankini)

SO...my non-scale victory is "I am happy being me! Even if I haven't reached my goal YET!"

Take care girls...
Old 08-06-2003, 07:52 AM   #7  

Post Another Victory

Back fat, there's less, enough said.
Old 08-07-2003, 03:15 PM   #8  
12 pounds lost in 2006

My non-scale victory this week is kind of a scale victory. I've managed to stay off the scale this whole week!!! I'm used to weighing myself everyday but, have some how gotten the hang of just weighing once a week. Let's see if I can keep it up
Old 08-07-2003, 03:19 PM   #9  
Cute Chick

good for you! it can't be really discouraging if you see the weigh fluctuations daily...

I do weigh myself daily...just out of habit...but I only count the weight that I was on Saturday morning...

My non-scale victory this week was...drum roll please....I GOT MY LICENSE! first try at the DMV...woohoo!!! I know I am 23 and should have had it a long time ago...BUT STILL!!! I GOT IT!...

I am on my way out to the gym...I will post more later...
Old 08-07-2003, 07:09 PM   #10  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Woo hoo Amby! Congrats on the drivers license It's never too late. Glad you passed on the first go.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:20 PM   #11  
Cute Chick

ME TOO!!!!
Old 08-10-2003, 10:55 AM   #12  

Congrats Amber! Freedom is yours.

I had another non scale victory yesterday. Size 14/16 instead of the size 20 from a month ago while shopping YAY! It's only 20 lbs down (only yay right, lol) but i'm down nearly 3 sizes so the inches are dropping fast.

Tummy
Old 08-10-2003, 11:30 AM   #13  

Let's see....a non-scale victory for me is I went on vacation and while visiting with the family, there was cake, ice cream, lots of soda and beer, trips to the fast food places while en route.....plenty of opportunity for me to sink my chompers into a piece of fried chicken. BUT....I REFRAINED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I stuck to my personal agenda and only ate what I was supposed to eat and kept on top of my daily calorie intake. No soda for me either, just water and some sugar free country time lemonade.
Old 08-10-2003, 11:42 AM   #14  
comeback member

Congrats to everyone!

My victory...I went to my best friend's house yesterday. She gave me a black t-shirt because she didn't like the way it looked on her. I tried it on and came out of the bathroom. She said : My God it's incredible how much you lost weight! I had this huge smile on my face. My efforts are paying...Yipeeeeee!

Sacha the black t-shirt queen!
Old 08-11-2003, 12:48 AM   #15  

Talking So glad there are so many victories!!!

Hi all!
I started this thread awhile ago, and just came back on to check on things....glad to see so many are having great non-scale victories! I've been somewhat absent lately, because I've been at home visiting my parents (across the country from where I live) for the past week plus a couple days. It's been great, but hectic. You know the drill....lots of eating out on day trips, my Mom's great cookin', etc etc....but I'm proud of the fact that overall, I've done really well so far! I'm drinking water almost exclusively (since I cut out pop/soda I don't miss it a BIT), I'm making mostly healthy choices, and limiting my desserts/sweets greatly! I've abstained quite a few times, and truly felt good about those decisions.
I haven't weighed myself here, because I know that would just mess with my head. But, since I've been exercising pretty regularly while here, too, I'm thinking/hoping that I'll show at least a small loss when I weigh in at home this coming Saturday. It will have been 2 weeks & a day since I've last weighed in!
Have a great week, everybody!!

Jen
Closed Thread