Old 05-10-2014, 09:24 PM   #16  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

i tried eating 3 meals and then went back to 2 it was just normal and easier for me.Go with what works for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureformerfisher View Post
I did wake up feeling much better today, thank you I think some of my frustration stemmed from ultimately ending 99 calories over plan - as in, if I hadn't eaten the chocolate, I wouldn't have gone over - but it's silly to get angry at myself for such a small amount of calories. Especially when you guys are right, I more than worked that off yesterday morning and it wasn't barely anything, anyway. I realized today that I sounded a little obsessive with my eating habits and I'm not, nor do I want to be. I do need to be a little nicer to myself and stop expecting perfection - with my eating and everything else I do! - and not get so upset over what seriously amounts to nothing in the grand scheme of things. I am my own worst critic and I gotta knock it off.

I'm usually pretty good with cravings that way, though! If I want something and I work a little of it into my meals for the day, that's usually enough to end the craving. I'm lucky with that

skittles part of my problem is that for a very long time, dinner has been my only meal of the day. I'm not usually hungry at breakfast or lunch, so now that I'm trying to eat three meals, it's confusing me when I'm hungry at noon and I just ate breakfast 3-4 hours ago! I'm still trying to make breakfast and lunch a habit (I skipped breakfast today because I was not hungry at all, but I did make a fruit smoothie for lunch) and it throws me off my game when Monday, I'm not hungry all day and Tuesday, I feel like I'm starving from the minute I wake up.

I had a .4 gain this morning, which was a little demotivating, but whatever - I'm still at 182 and I can't complain about that!
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:52 PM   #17  
Once + Future Skinny B***

S/C/G: 195/148.6/115

Height: 5'3

I might do that, I was thinking about exactly that earlier this morning. I can eat breakfast now, and it's pretty much become part of my daily routine (I only skipped it twice this week) but lunch is still really hard for me. So maybe I'll try breakfast and dinner next week

Have fun this weekend! If you're drinking, my standby for low-calorie alcohol is vodka + sugar-free Red Bull, vanilla vodka + coke zero/diet coke or blueberry/raspberry vodka + Sprite Zero. Blueberry vodka is sooooo good!

I took the kid to GameStop this afternoon because we're really into Just Dance and wanted the new one. Of course he found a dozen other games he wanted, but he also found Wii Fit U and said hey, mom, you should get this! I wasn't going to get it for $50, but I found a used one for $35, then got 10% for having pro-rewards, plus had another 20% coupon, so it ended up being like $25 and it works with the original Wii Fit board. It came with a weird fitness monitor that I haven't played with yet, but it actually looks like it might be interesting. Might be something fun for after dinner when getting to the gym isn't an option, I'm kinda excited to try it out!
futureformerfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:55 PM   #18  

Had a great time at ac last nite.im still down one lb yaay.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:33 AM   #19  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Back from a weekend away. Drank lots (stuck with wine instead of beer) but my eating was relatively good and I was really active. Now I just need to get through this week without a meltdown. Work is gonna be crazy.

futureformerfisher Sounds like a fun game Have you tried it yet?
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:36 PM   #20  
stop wishing, start doing

S/C/G: 215/185/155

Height: 5'7

So this weekend wasn't completely on plan, but it wasn't completely off plan either so that's good! I had two things off plan, pizza (one of my faves!) and Chinese food which I haven't had since February. And I opted for less food so I wouldn't have left overs to tempt me again! Those were my downfalls but I stuck to the bottle of wine I brought to my friends fire and said no to more wine/mixed drinks/beer, and also said no to the pizza they ordered since I already had my pizza for the week. It always feels rewarding (after the fact) to deny food that you know you don't need. Before March I hardly said no to any food that was offered to me!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend/ mothers day!!

noname crazy work week ahead? me too! the other part time phone girl left so its just me stuck here every night this also means I will be getting behind on my office work
buuuut hey that's life, its always something!! plus I am not complaining about the extra $$ I will have for summer!
xopeaceandlovexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:21 PM   #21  
Mii

S/C/G: 230/200/135

Height: 5'9"

I haven't worked out in 2014. =(
Mii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:10 AM   #22  
Call me NNS!

xopeaceandlovexo Yes, huge event on Wednesday that we've been planning for months and months, I'll be glad for Thursday! Hope your week goes by quickly, too!

Mii Sounds like it's time to get back into it, yes? Better now than never

Speaking of working out, looks like I'm just going to take a full week off from it. There's just no way I'll make it to the gym before Thursday, probably more like Friday. I just need to stop feeling so guilty about that. Still going to try to fit in my squats and planks at work, but nothing else.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:13 AM   #23  

workouts going great cant wait to see the results at the end of the week.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:00 AM   #24  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

I'm trying to get back on track. I'll be going to the gym later. I missed a week due to a bad headcold and congestion. I'm also going to dinner tonight with my boyfriend. I haven't planned a meal yet. Keeping lunch light and just having a salad so that I have extra calories to work with. Gonna see Spiderman 2 tonight.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:02 PM   #25  
stop wishing, start doing

S/C/G: 215/185/155

Height: 5'7

mii I think I worked out once maybe twice in 2013! There is still a lot of year left!!!

noname deadlines are so not my forte haha good luck to you on the event I am sure all this worrying will pay off for you sometimes work is all the workout you need

psychic & skittles Glad to hear your weeks are going as planned!! Mine is on track as well with food & exercise...we can do this
xopeaceandlovexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:46 AM   #26  
Call me NNS!

Psychic Hope you had a nice dinner/movie date with your boyfriend

The big work event is here!!! I finally feel ready for it. I fasted (500 cal) Monday and Tuesday, so today I will enjoy the food, wine AND cupcakes at our event. I worked hard putting this thing together, so I am going to eat! Out to dinner with my mom tomorrow at our favorite restaurant for a belated mother's day outing. Then Friday I'll try to get back to a normal routine I did manage to ride my bike for a little last night, which was nice. Didn't think I'd be able to fit in any workouts til Friday.

Last edited by nonameslob; 05-14-2014 at 10:46 AM.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:22 PM   #27  

Mii it's only May! You still have time to start working out I've logged probably around 35 hours so far this year... And I started on April 24th! It adds up fast!

nonameslob hope it was fun! Nothing wrong with taking a couple days off once in awhile I definitely took the day off on Mother's Day and it was so worth it for the bacon alone, haha.

I'm not sure how I feel about Wii Fit U yet, it's fun to play, but the games claims I burned 600+ calories yesterday. We did play it for a long time, but I highly doubt I burned anywhere near that pretending to swing a hula hoop and jumping on a virtual trampoline. My thighs are definitely sore today though. I've been wearing the Fit Meter (when I remember) and it's cool to see your steps on the walking challenge through different major cities. It doesn't do a good job tracking steps on the elliptical or dancing/Zumba, though, but I didn't really expect much from it to begin with.

Ended up having to skip the gym today, I was so physically and mentally exhausted this morning. My husband convinced me to take a rest day and stay home, but now I'm feeling guilty for it. I did take the dog for an hour-long walk though, so I least I did something.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:57 PM   #28  
Optifast 70 User

S/C/G: 245/186/179

I hit 228.4 pounds this morning... a 17.4 pound loss since starting my Optifast 70 journey on 5/5/14.

I'm a bit nervous because I'm going back to work on Monday after being off on leave for a year. I think it will be a good distraction from food at home, but still... change stresses me out! I'm going to stick to my Optifast though.
floralshorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:38 AM   #29  
Call me NNS!

futureformerfisher The calories may not be accurate, but as long as you're having fun and moving, that's what counts. I don't find calories burned to be accurate on anything.

floralshorts That's an amazing loss! What is Optifast? Good luck with your transition back to work.

A coworker finally asked me today, "Have you been dieting? You look so good!" Wow, it only took 30 pounds! I am wearing a skirt I haven't worn in exactly a year - the last time I wore it I had to wear it high up on my waist because it was really way too small. Now I think it's kind of big (though my coworker described it as a "tight skirt"), but I guess it's flattering me somehow. That felt good. Especially since I ate two cupcakes and a piece of cake yesterday (definitely fasting until dinner on that note...omg they were so good, I never gorge on sweets like that)

Last edited by nonameslob; 05-15-2014 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:00 PM   #30  

nonameslob isn't that the best? I bet it's been noticeable for awhile now, but your co-worker was the first one to ask And OptiFast is a medically-prescribed liquid diet that uses shakes - think SlimFast, but under a physician's instruction and care - for meal replacement. Something I definitely do not have the willpower to do and I admire anyone who can!

floralshorts good luck! Hopefully going back to work will have the opposite effect and keep you so busy, you won't have time to worry about food!

I had a couple NSV's today - first, I almost lost my wedding rings about a thousand times while working out. They keep sliding around my knuckles; I'm gonna have to get an adjuster to keep them in place now. Second, I picked up some leggings, yoga pants and tank tops on sale for the gym, and was surprised to find that I not only could fit into a size 12 pants and large tanks, I could fit comfortably... Which I only discovered after the 14s dropped to the floor as soon as I pulled them on! I keep telling myself it's only 15 pounds, but apparently, it's already making a difference.

I got to Skype with my husband for awhile early this evening and the first words out of his mouth were "wow..." He hasn't seen new photo or video chatted with me in about a month. Though I'm not entirely he sure if his "wow" was in response to my weight loss, or the neon lime-green leggings, tank top and matching head band I was wearing I looked like Lady Gaga styled my gym outfit today, haha.

Last edited by futureformerfisher; 05-15-2014 at 10:01 PM.