Old 01-25-2014, 06:19 AM   #31  

Height: 5'1

I'm super excited for this to begin on Monday! It's time to get cracking on goals other than weight for a change.

I also like this drawing up the pyramids idea. I'm going to do mine today and keep them to tick off once a goal has been done!

Last edited by Dreamer2012; 01-25-2014 at 06:20 AM.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:08 AM   #32  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Well, tomorrow is the start of our journey together, ladies! I'd love to see you all complete this challenge with me, as I'm sure I'll need some encouraging along the way. How are you feeling about Phase 1?

I've got to make sure I remember to drink that water!! It's the easiest thing to do but it can also be difficult if you just simply forget! My running once a week shouldn't be a problem, although it is frickin' COLD here right now! But I'd rather it be cold that stupidly hot I suppose.

How do you all feel about your starting weights? I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow morning, I know it's going to be BAD because I've not been taking care of myself for about 2 months now. But I know no matter what it says it's going to change and FAST with this challenge.

Edit: Totally re-worked my pyramids based on kailpea's idea to split the pyramid down the middle to divide it into the 2 types of goals. Genius! Here it is:

Last edited by Riestrella; 01-26-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:55 AM   #33  
Katherine

S/C/G: 283/280/172

Height: 5'10

Riestrella, I think think it makes sense to have the starting goals at the base and then build toward the point or "the ultimate goal." I might go ahead a re-do my pyramid today to reflect that and make mine colorful. I was thinking about making a large version of it and taping it to my bathroom door or above my scale to remind myself that weight isn't the only goal, a healthier lifestyle is the ultimate one.

Drinking 8 glasses of water (64 oz) is my first nutritional goal too. I went out and bought a 32 oz insulated cup with a lid and straw last week because I noticed I was really dehydrated. So I thought I would try and get started on that goal a little early. My body needed it! I've been successful some days and not so successful others. My problem thus far has been how do you account for ice in your cup or do you just not worry about it? I have just been skipping the ice and just putting really cold water in my cup and it has worked okay so far. . . for the fact that the cup is insulated.

The other thing I want to figure out is how to account for the loss of fluids when exercising. I went for a 6.25 mile walk yesterday during that time of about 2 hrs. drank 32 oz of water right there.

I just want to make sure I am properly hydrated. =)
kailpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:38 AM   #34  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Day 1 complete! I successfully drank 8 glasses of water! It was actually a bit of a challenge, I tried to drink 2 glasses per 3 hours and it was tricky to fit it in at work. But I did it! It makes me realise how poorly I was doing before this challenge and keeping myself hydrated.

I'm going to do my 1 run of a week this weekend, so until then I'll be focusing on water, water, water.

Today I had one of those "ok seriously, you've let yourself go a bit here..." Looked in the mirror as I was trying to haul my jeans over my ever growing muffin top and was pretty disgusted with myself. It made me motivated to see this challenge through, I need to get fit and take control of my health this year. I simply don't want to spend another year of my life feeling fat and unhappy, I want to live out the rest of my 20's feeling sexy and confident.

How is everyone doing?

kailpea - Yeah, someone pointed it out to me and I thought it made more sense too. Mine is on my pinboard above my desk, I spend most of my time here so it's something to look up at and think "you've got to see this one through!" Hydration is so important, I'm glad to see a few of us are working on drinking the right amount of water.

P.S. - I also decided to make just the one tab for the weigh ins. I figured it would be a lot easier to keep track of our weights this way instead of making new tabs for each phase. So please use the Official weigh in tab to keep accountable with your weight IF that's something you want to do! It's not mandatory!

Last edited by Riestrella; 01-27-2014 at 06:42 AM.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:17 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 172/165/132

Height: 5'8"

I feel your pain, Riestrella. I've been feeling so bad about myself lately, wearing the same pair of jeans and a loose sweater almost every day because I feel too uncomfortable in anything else. And to think I have so many nice clothes.

Weighed in for the first time in months this morning, at 164.9 lbs. That is definitely not my highest weight ever, but it's still pretty discouraging since I was almost at 150 about a year ago..

I'm really excited that the challenge has finally started! Since my personal goals really help more towards a healthy lifestyle than to actual weightloss, I do want to include a goal weight challenge for myself as well. I have some things coming up for which I want to be slimmer, so here goes:

By 28 february (friend's wedding), I want to be 154 lbs.
By 5 april (Thailand holiday), I want to be 143 lbs.

I think those are pretty realistic goals!

Good luck meeting all of your goals this week!
runthecontinent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:28 AM   #36  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

runthecont - I feel like we're in the exact same boat! My lowest weight was 149 lbs a year and a half ago, now seem to be lingering around the 160's! I, too, like to have goals to try and reach although I try not to pressure myself too much. I think for now I just have one, by the 13th April (my birthday), I want to be between 150-154 lbs.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:25 AM   #37  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Hey guys, mind if I join in? I'll add my name to the spreadsheet and work on my pyramid today I have been thinking about the things that I need to work on and this seems like a good way to lay it all out and break it into manageable chunks. I like it.
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:39 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 212.6/Ticker/137

Man oh man, still haven't decided on my lists. I'm gonna sit down after lunch get er sorted finally.
dehtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:22 PM   #39  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Here is a template I whipped up! Print it out and fill it in!

Last edited by Silverfire; 01-28-2014 at 08:40 AM.
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:10 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

So excited for this challenge! I made my pyramid yesterday

Rie-I feel you, I've been hovering around the same area now for months But we can do this and we will be sexy for the rest of our 20s!

ruthecontinent-those goals seem totally doable Totally jealous of your Thailand holiday, that's the number one place I want to visit.

silverfire-Glad you're joining!

dehtripper-Finish writing up those goals! haha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo on 1-27-14 at 9.30 AM.jpg (23.2 KB, 10 views)
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:30 PM   #41  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

yay, the challenge has started!

I am sipping on my water all day today. Also, I plan on getting my hike in today after work, but we'll see how I feel after 8 hours sitting in front of a desk I was a little afraid to weigh in, but I'm still at 135. Been here for a bit, it was goal for me. I definitely won't mind getting into the 120s though.

runthecontinent: Thailand? That sounds awesome. How long are you going for?
dhtripper: sitting down and drawing up my pyramid was fun. Get er done !

Last edited by kisskiss; 01-27-2014 at 01:32 PM.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:12 PM   #42  

Height: 5'1

Yay! Day 1 complete for me. Exercise goal is to do with weekends so that was fine, nutrition was to plan out my lunch each day.

A provisional goal for me will be to be around 125 by the time I go to London in May.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:34 PM   #43  
Katherine

Yay for Day One! I'm about half way through my 8 glasses of water for the day and I plan on going to the gym after I get off work. Hoping getting more active this week will help shed some of the pounds I've gained back.

Silverfire So glad you're joining!
Old 01-27-2014, 10:33 PM   #44  
Katherine

Well, day one is in the books for me. Got my 8 glasses of water in but I didn't make it to the gym after work like I wanted. Oh well. Still 6 more days to get my two gym days in.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:02 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 212.6/Ticker/137

Haha, Sooooo I did actually get mine written up finally, and was en pointe yesterday. Weigh in is tomorrow so will add that then.

Fitness Goals:
1. Strength & Agility 1x week
2. Non derby cardio 1x week
3. Strength & Agility 2x week
4. Yoga/proprioreception 1x week
5. Do ANY workout 1x weekend
6. Train for A-team tryout

Nutrition Goals:
1. Prep lunches for the week
2. 8c H2O/ day
3. Eat some fruit/veggies BEFORE "other" snacks
4. Don't skip breakfast on the weekend
5. Truthfully/precisely measure everything
6. Eat healthy, on plan; Indulge only for truly special occasions

Alllllllrighty then, I think I'm ready to get this challenge done! I'm off to draw this sucker up.

dehtripper is offline   Reply With Quote