Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 02:58 PM   #1  
Divine Gal

Default My realization

Last night as me and my husband were out and about; I realized that one problem with my eating and being the weight I am is due to my emotions.
To let you in on what I am talking about.My husband and I live with my brother-in-law.This situation is very difficult for me because I am holding my tongue on alot of things to keep the peace.Usually I don't do this which makes it even more stressful.

Well while riding along last night; I was very frustrated with my brother-in-law.Then I started craving foods; that usually comfort me like pizza, hotdogs, etc... I asked my husband to stop several times but he refused.I was mad at the time but thought to myself I have been doing really well and I am just having these cravings due to the fact that I was fustrated.

So I am kinda proud of myself for finally realizing this.I am also very grateful to my husband because if it wasn't for him helping me; I'd be feeling very guilty right now for eating last night so late.
Old 06-22-2003, 11:30 AM   #2  

Lynnie - It is very nice to have someone as supportive as your husband to prevent you from getting off plan. You are very lucky I know that many women suffer from emotional eating.. and to some extent men do too. For me, whenever I start to feel upset and wanting something like ice cream to make me feel better.. I have to remind myself how worse I will feel after I eat it.. its hard to do, but eventually you will train yourself to not eat based on emotions.

But on the flip side.. I think we also have to be careful to not let our guilt go too far. It is ok to have a treat now and then! However, sometimes I find myself feeling fat or guilty for letting myself have that treat.

So its an ongoing battle for me.. and I am sure for others.. to balance our emotional eating and not feeling guilty all the time.
Old 06-22-2003, 05:29 PM   #3  
Divine Gal

Quote:
Originally posted by tonic
Lynnie - It is very nice to have someone as supportive as your husband to prevent you from getting off plan. You are very lucky I know that many women suffer from emotional eating.. and to some extent men do too. For me, whenever I start to feel upset and wanting something like ice cream to make me feel better.. I have to remind myself how worse I will feel after I eat it.. its hard to do, but eventually you will train yourself to not eat based on emotions.

But on the flip side.. I think we also have to be careful to not let our guilt go too far. It is ok to have a treat now and then! However, sometimes I find myself feeling fat or guilty for letting myself have that treat.

So its an ongoing battle for me.. and I am sure for others.. to balance our emotional eating and not feeling guilty all the time.

well last night we went to a party and I still did very well.I brought my piece of cake home to eat today.I still treat myself to a pepsi *my weakness* when we are out. I have to admit today when I ate that piece of cake; i didn't feel to guilty because it wasn't to big it was just enough.... When I do feel hungry; I grab a bottle of water....
Closed Thread