Old 08-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/146

Height: 5'7''

Default Stupid Vacations

I recently went on a short vacation to visit a friend, and her grandma/mom spent all vacation feeding us really elaborate meals that 1) I felt rude turning down and 2) were so delicious I didn't WANT to turn down

We also went to a state fair, and I binged pretty hard on fair food

Long story short, I gained five pounds! Gah! I feel like I'm never going to get to the 150s!

(Sorry. I guess I just felt like venting.)
Melonlefey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:34 PM   #2  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

It's good to enjoy life and the joy that is amazing food! I'm currently hosting my friends trip to visit me and instead of worrying about my weight I'm making sure she has the best time and also make sure we eat some great food! You only live once and that 5 lbs is probably water weight that will fly off your body with a week or so on plan. It's a set back but at least you didn't just sit at home eating all that food, you had a good excuse!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/226.4/150

Height: 5'3.75"

I agree! I just recently went camping with my church. We had about 5 hours of car rides in order to get from where we live to the camp site. Once there we had to travel yet another hour to go visit historic sites from our church. It seemed like there was constant eating involved. That being said, the trip itself was beyond amazing and I would not have changed anything about it. Don't worry about the setback on the scale if you had a good time. Don't give up either. You can survive this setback and reach your goal.
Davikatl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/161/135

I know what you mean, it feels so wrong to care about what you are eating while on vacation and being carefree! I usually get the vacation blues when I come back from a trip, so I try to have another one lined up asap (or at least ideas) so it gives me something to look forward to, even if it's something small. So I think if you know you are going on vacation in 6 months and you work very hard on proper eating and exercising in those 6 months leading up to it, then the vacation can be your reward/goal to work towards. When you do go on the trip, you can enjoy it and know that you earned the relaxation time. That might help with the vacation guilt.

You will get there! We all have these little "pop ups" that throw us for a loop, but I'm sure you will be back on track in no time!
Emerald8702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/146

Height: 5'7''

I'm trying to not let it get me down I also have two mini-vacations coming up (one in October and one in Feb) where I'll be meeting up with friends who haven't seen me in a while, so its good encouragement to stick to it haha
Melonlefey is offline   Reply With Quote