Old 07-26-2013, 03:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/138

Height: 5ft 3

Default Trying something new

so tonight im trying http://askgeorgie.com/garlic-and-ros...nellini-beans/ for the first time except i didnt have rosemary so i used mixed herbs and a little onion salt. My flat smells of garlic all the time now.
I will post the verdict once they are out the oven.

Has anyone else tried something new recently? how was it?
Rechyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #2  

well i didnt like them. oh well
Old 07-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #3  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Aw, how come? The texture or the taste? I hate when a recipe doesn't pan out! Bummer. I checked the link out and thought it'd be something I'd like.

A new recipe I recently got off from a box of crackers was stuffed broccoli cheddar bake- but I didn't follow it exactly since I had already ran out of the crackers, LOL. It was a broccoli/cheddar/cream cheese/roasted garlic mixture spread on top of some cut-up chicken then baked (originally supposed to be stuffed with the broccoli mixture but my chicken breasts were already cut too thin so I did it as an casserole instead.) Oh since I didn't have the crackers, I used panko crumbs/butter on top of the broccoli mixture. Turned out pretty well.

Another (fave) of mine I tried a while ago- Cinnamon Sugar White Bean Blondies. They were GOOD! The only different thing I did was use pecans and almonds instead of walnuts since they are what I always have on hand.

Last edited by amandie; 07-26-2013 at 06:05 PM.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #4  

hmmmmmm those look good!
It was both, the texture and the taste was just wrong. for one it was like eating nothing and 2 they just tasted like dried beans. Disappointed.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

I love to experiment in the kitchen! I own a sh*tload of cookbooks, but don't tend to follow all that many recipes, rather than be inspired by them. I'm gonna try making spaghetti squash with an avocado cream sauce in the next couple of days. I'll let you know how it goes!

I'm a big fan of roasted chickpeas (with EVOO, lemon, rosemary, and garlic), but I don't like cannellini beans to begin with, so I doubt I'd be a fan of that recipe either.

Last edited by shelflife; 07-26-2013 at 08:04 PM.
shelflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #6  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

The only weird thing I've tried lately is cookie dough hummus. This recipe is close.

Recipe

It was good with pretzels.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:02 PM   #7  
I got this

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelflife View Post
I love to experiment in the kitchen! I own a sh*tload of cookbooks, but don't tend to follow all that many recipes, rather than be inspired by them. I'm gonna try making spaghetti squash with an avocado cream sauce in the next couple of days. I'll let you know how it goes!

I'm a big fan of roasted chickpeas (with EVOO, lemon, rosemary, and garlic), but I don't like cannellini beans to begin with, so I doubt I'd be a fan of that recipe either.
Oooh, I've made avocado cream (just lemon juice, roasted garlic, avocado and some greek yogurt/cream cheese) with bowtie pasta and chicken- SO good! I think I'm the same way as you, I almost never follow recipes to a T, lol.

I gotta try that roasted chickpeas- sounds yummy! I might even try a little chili-lime version. This may be a dumb question but you cook the chickpeas until soft and done first then roast them, correct?
Old 07-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #8  
I got this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rechyl View Post
hmmmmmm those look good!
It was both, the texture and the taste was just wrong. for one it was like eating nothing and 2 they just tasted like dried beans. Disappointed.
Gotcha! At least beans are somewhat cheap so you didn't really lose much, right?
Old 07-27-2013, 12:16 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 276/182/160

Height: 5'8

I tried a recipe for a mint chocolate smoothie except I didn't have any chocolate protein powder and used my regular nonflavored...it was terrible.

You only learn by trying though!
StrangeJourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:00 AM   #10  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
This may be a dumb question but you cook the chickpeas until soft and done first then roast them, correct?
If you're starting from dry you'd have to cook them first. I usually just start with canned, and roast them straight from there.

Here's the recipe for my favourite lemon rosemary roasted chickpeas.

I've made a chipotle lime version for roasted chickpea tacos too!
shelflife is offline   Reply With Quote