Old 06-18-2013, 05:39 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

sgregg Hope the calorie counting and emptying of closets is going ok!

sun Hope you've managed to get running again. You've made awesome progress in your pics!

Missy Your DS little birthday party sounds lovely, and that cake sounds good! I hope everything else is going well, and that you do well coming off the maintenance break. I'm right there with you!

NyxPhoenix Hey there and welcome back! I'm sure you can do this! I'm also jealous of your hedgehog haha.

Everlasting Congrats on the 2 pound loss, awesome stuff!

Rie I saw your challenge and thought about taking part but I know I'd be the first out of there haha. I hope you're feeling better now (re illness). I also wish you super luck on your challenge, you'll do great!

~Hey guys, sorry I've been MIA for a week! I've been checking in and reading your posts, things have just been full on with farewell stuff for my boyfriend. I've just returned from seeing him off at the airport. I am down. Super down. It sucks. I won't see him again for 11 weeks and 5 days. I know it's not the longest time ever, and many couples do way worse, but I am very sad nonetheless.
Trying to be positive about it all though - now is my time to stop this maintainy/dangerously close to gainy thing I've been doing for the past few months. Seriously. It's been since February and I've only lost (as of my weigh in this morning) 3kg (6.6 lbs). WHAT EVEN IS THAT!? Nearly five months and I'm not that impressed. And I know why, and I know now I'm going to have less excuses for eating out and stuff. As long as I don't go back to my bad habit of eating drive thru food in secret, I will be good. Back on the proper calorie counting bandwagon, and back into running. I only got one run in last week and haven't been yet this week.

I was off work today to say goodbye and spend the last day with my boyfriend, so back to work tomorrow. I just need to keep busy and occupy myself with things.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #47  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone! Quick update before I go to work. My weight has been hanging around the 158-159 lbs mark which really sucks. But you know what? I can't really complain because I've not been taking action with my workouts to improve. I thought about this morning, why am I so bugged to see these weights when I'm being lazy and not doing anything?

I've been eating a bit better this week, although I have to live off spaghetti and sauce this week since I have no money until tomorrow. I've been sticking to my 30 day ab challenge, which I've been doing at work - so that's something. But to really see results I need to get on with cardio!!

In more exciting news I've book a holiday with my boyfriend to Kyoto, so I've spent the last 2 nights planning it! We're there for 4 days so I want to cram in as much as possible. When I get back I get one day to myself then my friend from England comes to visit me so I've got another week planned around Tokyo. Really excited for both!

Oops, better skidaddle. I'll do personals tonight!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:04 AM   #48  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Missy - Can't you kick your man up the bum and tell him to help you out?! I certainly wouldn't want to be the only one doing chores! Seems a bit unfair you're the only one cleaning up after everyone. Glad your sons birthday went well, sorry about the pavilion though, but sounds like you still had fun. Wow, major congrats on the mahoosive drop in weight!! Was it just staying on plan or did you drink extra water?

sun - WOOOAH, can't believe how much difference a month has made! Your belly has shrunk loads!!!

rainbow - Sorry you had to say tata for now to your boyfriend, that must suck but now you can focus on you for a while like you said before, yes? Take comfort that you'll see him soon! I know how much distance sucks, I see my boyfriend every weekend and I miss him in the week! It will be hard at first but soon you'll get used to things and before you know it you'll be in CANADALAND!
Old 06-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #49  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

rainbow sorry about your bf Its hard to be away from the one you love. Like you said you can use this time to really kick it into gear and get to your goal!

rie Sounds like you are going to be so busy! Have fun girl. And that was progress of 3 months not 1. haa I wish!

So I ahve been eating out of control from boredom! AGHH I need to reel it in! BUt at least i have been running each day. I find myself having to fight my mind about the time sooo much lately. Do you guys struggle with that when you run? I try to just not focus on it but its hard.
Hope everyone is well.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #50  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

sun - Completely misread your post as "this is my pic after a month"! Whoops, but still, way to go, you look awesome. Very inspirational! Look into nutrition for runners - runners should eat a lot differently than other people. You need a lot MORE food, which I know a lot of weight focused people don't want to take on board but it's true. When I was running I ate loads but weight still came off. Your body is telling you "feed me" so don't ignore it!
Old 06-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #51  
sun

rie Thanks for the heads up. I will look into it! I know I am not eating properly. I need to focus on good food not making yummy food fit into my calories.

SO I am due for my period and am up on the scale. Oh well I know this happens every month. So anyways gotta keep going and hope for a nice number after this week. I am still going down to Orlando every week for DD's summer camp so it's been hectic. But I have been running 4 days a week and I feel good. Although like i said I am struggling a bit with my mond over matter. Hope this coming week is better.
Take care ladies!
Old 06-23-2013, 09:40 PM   #52  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, I've been feeling kind of "meh" but I've been reading everyone's posts.

Actually, I think I got food poisoning yesterday, that or a stomach bug. I felt nauseous and really gassy all evening, then at 5am I got violently ill. This morning I woke up with a fever as well as other GI symptoms. Bleck. Morning WI was 132.0. Yesterday's calories were ok. I haven't been counting calories or eating much today, just focusing on being able to keep small amounts of food down and sleeping off and on all day.

Hope all is well with everyone.
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:59 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 177/175/150

Height: 5'5

Hi all, brand new to this site and looking to be part of your community! I have tried many diets most notably calorie controlled and atkins with success from both.........however I have managed to gain all the weight back and then some. So I come to you starting all over again from 177lbs. I am down to 175lbs as of friday but have not weighed in since as I spend the weekend with the boyfriend. I am dreading seeing the figures! I find it harder to control it on the weekends. I have read through the forum here and to see all your successes has been very motivating! I need to exercise more as atm I only walk 2-3 times per week and really have to increase that. Hopefully the WI later will not show any gain!
bauersgirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #54  

Rie Holiday in Kyoto! Yay. Sounds fun, and like you've got a lot to look forward to coming up! Thanks for the kind words re my boyfriend. I've been throwing myself into work rather than exercise etc haha.

sun Hope you're managing to control the boredom! I don't so much struggle with the time when I'm running - I'm out, I have my route, I have to complete it to get home haha. But I do struggle with actually getting my clothes on and getting out there, because I think of things I'd rather be doing! You're doing so good running four times a week! Go you!

Missy Sorry to hear you have been feeling meh, I totally get that. I hope you don't have food poisoning! That sucks. A friend of mine had some severe form that lasted a couple of weeks Hope you feel better soon!

bauersgirl Hey there and welcome!

~Sorry for being slack again and not posting. I think I'm a little embarrassed to be honest. My calories have been in check...but I haven't been for a run since June 10th! Two weeks! I know I needed a break but it's gone on a little long - weather has definitely been a factor, we've had some severe cold weather and storms, but I need to get back out there. I've also been working late, partly because I'm a little swamped, but partly as further reasons not to exercise "if I get home too late, I can't run". I know I'm struggling also because I'm just feeling a little bit down overall, but it's a total catch 22 - I'm sure I'd feel better if I was exercising!

I've managed to keep my weight steady, but still no loss. Well a tiny one, which I've updated my ticker etc to show. But I'm still up from my low of a couple of weeks ago.

I'm finding it quite difficult to enjoy my time without my boyfriend. I feel like I'm kind of just counting down the days and weeks until I leave - but that's also stressful because I am getting overwhelmed with the amount I have to do at work in what is seemingly a short 9.5 weeks. It's freaking me out.

Sorry for the anxious post, I think it's just how I'm feeling.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #55  
Krissy Missy

Bauersgirl - Welcome! Stick around and keep posting.

Stripe - Sorry to hear you're down in the dumps. You really should go out for a run, even if it's just a short one. It's true what they say, the hardest step is the first one out the door! Anyway, I'd say you have good reason for feeling not up to par, I'd probably feel similarly if my DH was gone for that long.

Yesterday's calories were in check. Morning WI = 130.4, so yay for that. I felt a lot better yesterday, but still not 100% and my appetite was significantly decreased. I'm feeling even better today, and I'm going to make myself go out for my run. Fortunately the temperature is a little bit lower today than it has been (70F, 21C, as opposed to 95F, 35C) so it's a good day for me to get back at it.

Not too much to report, I'm still feeling down but I don't want that to impact my weight loss efforts.

Have a good day all!

Last edited by Missy Krissy; 06-25-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #56  
sun

bauergirl welcome!

rainbow Aw hon. Sorry you are feeling down. I know its hard to focus on stuff when you are stressed. like you said atleast you are maintaining! Yeah I am loving that I get 4 runs in a week. Makes me feel accomplished and quite frankly is shows on the scale when I am diligent about it.

missy How come you are feeling down? Hope it passes soon. Did you get your run in? Nice on the 130! You are almost in the 120s. woohoo

Sooo I got my period yesterday and didn't run as that always makes me feel really sick and my body aches, but I ran today and it was amazing! I ran 2.6 miles strongly. Barely any walking and I found that elusive groove that sometimes eludes me. I feel great and am looking forward to thursday's run. Eating is ok for today not great but atleast not over. Friday is going to be a hard day to keep on plan so I think I will make it a cheat day. A gf is driving down and we are having a day of fun planned around our meals! haha Hope you are all having a great day!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:51 AM   #57  
Krissy Missy

Sun - I've been down largely due to my financial and employment situation. I've been job hunting and had several interviews that seemed promising, but found out recently that both organizations I applied to decided to go with other candidates. A girl date sounds fun! Great job on the running - 2.6 miles, woo hoo!

Well, yesterday's calories were in check and this morning's WI was... drumroll... 129.4! Woot woot, 120's! I don't know if that will stick and I won't be surprised if it jumps up during the course of the week, but it sure is nice to see. Got my run in yesterday, C25K week 8 day 1 - 28 minutes non-stop, which ended up being 2.65 mi (or 4.26 km)! So only 3/4 of a km more and I'll have the 5K in the bag! Although it was cooler yesterday it felt a lot hotter as it was really humid and sunny. I felt like I was dying by the time I got back home, but as always I'm glad I went out there.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 215/170/144

Height: 5'10"

Hey girls!

It's right before shark week, but I had a weird NSV today. My mother looked at me and said "Wow, you look normal now."

Since I'm 10lbs away from the mildly overweight norm I've maintained since the end of high school (I gained 25lbs this past semester), I wasn't sure what to make of it, but I'm taking it as a compliment. It's better than what I got the last time I lost weight "You look so much better now. Your eyes were looking very close together."

I haven't seen much scale loss in the last 7 weeks (~15lbs including initial water weight), but I have lost a number of inches from doing HIIT.
rocksplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:54 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Oh my goodness, where did June go?? I know I've been totally MIA but I'm still here and still going, but just barely.

As soon as I got back from my trip work just imploded. I've been so busy and so tired. Everything is on fire at work, and it doesn't seem to be getting better. Things have been rough and I'm thinking that a job change might be in the future. All the stress has been terrors for my health (went to my doctor and was lectured), so I've been advised to make a change. We'll see.

I haven't ran for the past couple weeks after getting sick and trying to recover so hopefully I'll get to start again soon. That first run is going to be painful! I also haven't been watching what I've been eating. It hasn't been terrible and I feel like I'm making okay choices, but haven't been calorie counting or anything. I think it's time to get serious again because...

The bf popped the question! We're getting married Yay! I'm excited but the work situation is really putting a damper on things. I'll post a picture of my ring later.

Hope everyone is well! I've missed you all!
jmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #60  

jmko WOOOO CONGRATULATIONS!! So awesome. Sorry to hear about the work stresses, that can really take its toll. Take care of yourself!

~Just popped in to wish jmko congrats, will be back later for more personals/proper post hopefully!