Old 04-30-2013, 03:47 PM   #16  
I can do it!

S/C/G: 272/260/150

Height: 5'7 Age: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987 View Post
The majority of mine have faded to white, but I can't imagine them ever fading completely. I haven't done anything with them aside from the occasional use of cocoa butter. I guess it's just natural fading over time.

Something we all have to live with I guess!

Reminds me of this image on Tumblr - embrace them.
I love that!
I have embraced the fact that I have stretch marks every where...there is really no way to change it, but they do fade!
Bunnydream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 175.6/173/135 & Fit

Height: 5ft8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnydream View Post
I love that!
I have embraced the fact that I have stretch marks every where...there is really no way to change it, but they do fade!
True. And it depends on the person how they fade. For me my scars/stretch marks/dark marks/etc. ALWAYS fade to almost the exact same color as my skin... but it takes like a year lol But actually I'm using bio-oil (expensive stuff lol I had to give up my fancy shaving razor for my moms normal ones) and they are healing A LOT faster. It's slow and because I have them all over I buy one bottle a week. But after a month theirs a visible difference. More in some places than others. My hips are almost completely even to my skin tone again (Again they will course never be 100% but pretty close) but my lower stomach... it's gonna take time lol
wolfgirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:55 PM   #18  
I can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgirl69 View Post
True. And it depends on the person how they fade. For me my scars/stretch marks/dark marks/etc. ALWAYS fade to almost the exact same color as my skin... but it takes like a year lol But actually I'm using bio-oil (expensive stuff lol I had to give up my fancy shaving razor for my moms normal ones) and they are healing A LOT faster. It's slow and because I have them all over I buy one bottle a week. But after a month theirs a visible difference. More in some places than others. My hips are almost completely even to my skin tone again (Again they will course never be 100% but pretty close) but my lower stomach... it's gonna take time lol
Yeah, the key to that is being super diligent with the oil, I feel like I would totally forget to do that daily. I have tried some salves that my cousin gave me a couple years ago but I wasn't good at doing it every night. Ha. The only place I don't have visible stretch marks is my face, neck and arms. Everywhere else there are traces of them! My skin is so sensitive and fair that they seem to stick around forever! Only time will help I suppose. I'd like to check out what you bought though. c:
Old 04-30-2013, 05:02 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 175.6/173/135 & Fit

Height: 5ft8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnydream View Post
Yeah, the key to that is being super diligent with the oil, I feel like I would totally forget to do that daily. I have tried some salves that my cousin gave me a couple years ago but I wasn't good at doing it every night. Ha. The only place I don't have visible stretch marks is my face, neck and arms. Everywhere else there are traces of them! My skin is so sensitive and fair that they seem to stick around forever! Only time will help I suppose. I'd like to check out what you bought though. c:
I forgot to use it all last week xD But I'm back on track And I bought the little jar of bio-oil at walmart and on the jar and also the box it comes in it says there's a break through ingredient in it called purcellin oil.

Last edited by wolfgirl69; 04-30-2013 at 05:02 PM.
wolfgirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #20  
I can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgirl69 View Post
I forgot to use it all last week xD But I'm back on track And I bought the little jar of bio-oil at walmart and on the jar and also the box it comes in it says there's a break through ingredient in it called purcellin oil.
I will definitely check that out, because hey, it doesn't hurt!
Old 08-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 232/216/145

Height: 5'10''

I thought I would update you all on my journey to eliminate my stretch marks. Well, I believe the skin needling has helped them fade a bit. They blend in slightly better with my natural skin colour but you know what, I think it could be a placebo effect. Texture wise, they feel the same - kind of like indented lines. But you know what, I'm okay with them. I really am. I never thought I'd be able to say that. I'll continue with the skin needling to see if they will improve but if they don't, I'll live. And happily at that.
Mimi21 is offline   Reply With Quote