Old 03-01-2013, 05:30 PM   #1  
Pantless

S/C/G: 205/185/170

Height: 5"4'

Default My Daily Routine (and some advice please?)

So I want to get to 160 before August 16th for a Convention.
I am 195 right now and I wanted to post my daily plan..or daily routine I guess.

I'll start with
Calorie intake

To maintain:

To lose:

And I keep that up well. Sometimes I pass it and sometimes I go under it. I never go into the 2000 im p sure. I try to count my calories as best as I can. It's hard with fruit sometimes. (I did the whole BMR BMI math dealio and -1000 to lose weight)

Eating Times

I also have a little time schedule when to eat and anyone can feel free to use this as well if it helps and works with you. It's done me p good on controlling my overeating~

7-8 AM - Breakfast - Cereal
10 AM - Snack -Almonds/Apple/Yogurt
12-1 PM - Lunch
3-4 PM - Snack
6-7 PM - Dinner - Fish/Brown Rice
10 PM - Snack /Maybe
12 - SLEEP

So yeah that's kinda what i go by. ofc you don't have to use it the same way and I just added some examples of what kinda food/snack ect.

What kinda foods I eat.

Carrots - Tomatoes - Sweet Potato - Green Tea - Eggs - Almonds (one serving per day) - Spinach - Salmon - Tuna - Avocado - Yogurt - Blueberries (a cup) - Oats (half a cup) - Broccoli (a serving) - Brown Rice (half cup) - Pear - Grapefruit (Before every meal) - Peanut Butter (Spoonful before bed)

And anything that's not too high in calories. Like if two cookies were 150 for two I will not eat those..but if its noodles and its only 260 I will have that because I know it will get me much more full.

Exercise

60 Crunches - 35 Leg lifts - 30 Situps -60 Jumping Jacks - 10 Squats - 30sec wall sit - 30 Knee highs - 20 Butt lifts(idk if this is what they are called. It's when you lay on your back and place your feet on something then lift your hips to the ceiling)

Weights

10 Reverse Fly - 10 Bicep Curl - 10(each side) Cross Jab

So I do this Mon-Fri at 3pm and it all takes me about 30+ mins I also do stretching before and after and walk around for 3+ mins to cool down.

Should I add more to it? I mostly want a flat tummy and that's where most of my fat is anyway. Haha. I just noticed I don't really have any cardio. It's been so cold I don't want to go outside..

And that's about it..

So any advice? Like is this good? Will this be enough to achieve my GW? Should I change anything or add onto it so I can get to my GW?

Any feedback would be great! And I also hope this may have been some help to others for food ideas..or want to try the time schedule and some ideas for exercise. It made me go down to 185 before!

oh and WATER, WATER, WATER. is all I drink!
Torii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #2  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!

Your routine looks to be alright to me. But everyone will come at you with different opinions and methods! Some people will say go down to 1200 calories for instance. What's important is what works for you and unfortunately that will take trial and error.

Your workout routine is decent but seems a bit basic. If you do the same moves every day your body will not be forced to change. You should target different muscle groups on different days and then have a cardio day. You need to give your muscles a chance to rest but you can still work different muscles to do so if that makes sense. Some will even focus on entire parts of the body in a day, so shoulders/back, arms/abs and legs. It's up to you! I would recommend a good cardio routine too.

As for your list of foods, it seems quite small! But you've got a good list there. I would suggest adding chicken in there for protein on your weight days. Also turkey is good too! You should get a least 1 bit of red meat in for your week for a good supply of iron. My boyfriend knows an amazing personal trainer who swears by having a good home made burger once a week to get that iron intake.

I would personally recommend not to eat after a certain hour. I try and not eat anything after dinner, so around 7pm. Get your spoonful of peanut butter in for lunch on a bit of whole grain bread. Carbs aren't the devil! As long as you go brown/whole grain you will be fine =).

Hope this helps!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:43 PM   #3  
Pantless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
Welcome!

Your routine looks to be alright to me. But everyone will come at you with different opinions and methods! Some people will say go down to 1200 calories for instance. What's important is what works for you and unfortunately that will take trial and error.

Your workout routine is decent but seems a bit basic. If you do the same moves every day your body will not be forced to change. You should target different muscle groups on different days and then have a cardio day. You need to give your muscles a chance to rest but you can still work different muscles to do so if that makes sense. Some will even focus on entire parts of the body in a day, so shoulders/back, arms/abs and legs. It's up to you! I would recommend a good cardio routine too.

As for your list of foods, it seems quite small! But you've got a good list there. I would suggest adding chicken in there for protein on your weight days. Also turkey is good too! You should get a least 1 bit of red meat in for your week for a good supply of iron. My boyfriend knows an amazing personal trainer who swears by having a good home made burger once a week to get that iron intake.

I would personally recommend not to eat after a certain hour. I try and not eat anything after dinner, so around 7pm. Get your spoonful of peanut butter in for lunch on a bit of whole grain bread. Carbs aren't the devil! As long as you go brown/whole grain you will be fine =).

Hope this helps!
Waah~ Thank you so much for the advice! I will def keep most of this in mind. And yeah I didn't list EVERYTHING I eat, it was just a small list to get the idea. But thank you for recommendations for exercise too. I will play around with it and see if I can come up with something more different so my body will have a challenge~
Old 03-02-2013, 01:06 AM   #4  
forever a lake effect kid

S/C/G: 262.6/181.3/162.6

Height: 5'4''

You have a great exercise routine down! I would suggest adding some more cardio in there - by walking, jogging, riding an exercise bike or elliptical. I find that I lose weight quicker when I add that about 30-40 minutes 2-3 times a week. I am jealous of your ability to do 60 crunches at a time! I totally get wiped out after about 30. Good luck!
epicskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:38 AM   #5  
Pantless

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicskyline View Post
You have a great exercise routine down! I would suggest adding some more cardio in there - by walking, jogging, riding an exercise bike or elliptical. I find that I lose weight quicker when I add that about 30-40 minutes 2-3 times a week. I am jealous of your ability to do 60 crunches at a time! I totally get wiped out after about 30. Good luck!
Thank you so much! I know I need carido. I guess I forgot cos it's been so cold I don't wanna do anything other then my work out HAHA.
But thank you, I will try to get my bike working and start riding it in the morning or something..

And I am surprised too! I only could do 50 but after a month I wasn't as tired as before~ Good luck to you as well and thanks again~~
Old 03-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 187/180/150

Height: 5'10''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
Torii, given the foods you list, I can't tell if you're a pescetarian or not. Either way, I just wanted to mention that you don't have to eat white/red meat to get protein or iron in your diet. Beans, tofu, spinach, and cereal all contain significant amounts of iron. The only trick with these "non-heme" sources is that you need to eat them with a source of vitamin C for your body to be able to absorb it. The grapefruit you mention eating before every meal should do the trick. Beans, tofu, and whole grains also contain plenty of protein.

On the exercise front, I agree with folks that the cardio will be key. I've become a huge fan of some of the strength moves in the 30 day shred (Jillian Michaels DVD) that work arms and legs at the same time- squats with an overhead press, side lunges with anterior raise...etc. They're hard as **** but a little more interesting than doing either by themselves.

I really struggle with late night snacking, so I've started preparing a cup of decaf tea around 10 pm. I think it's partially the process of making food that I like, so the tea can kind of simulate that, as well as hopefully help me fall asleep before the insomniac zombie eater within me is unleashed.

Good luck making your goals, you can do it!
synchrojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #7  
Pantless

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchrojo View Post
Torii, given the foods you list, I can't tell if you're a pescetarian or not. Either way, I just wanted to mention that you don't have to eat white/red meat to get protein or iron in your diet. Beans, tofu, spinach, and cereal all contain significant amounts of iron. The only trick with these "non-heme" sources is that you need to eat them with a source of vitamin C for your body to be able to absorb it. The grapefruit you mention eating before every meal should do the trick. Beans, tofu, and whole grains also contain plenty of protein.

On the exercise front, I agree with folks that the cardio will be key. I've become a huge fan of some of the strength moves in the 30 day shred (Jillian Michaels DVD) that work arms and legs at the same time- squats with an overhead press, side lunges with anterior raise...etc. They're hard as **** but a little more interesting than doing either by themselves.

I really struggle with late night snacking, so I've started preparing a cup of decaf tea around 10 pm. I think it's partially the process of making food that I like, so the tea can kind of simulate that, as well as hopefully help me fall asleep before the insomniac zombie eater within me is unleashed.

Good luck making your goals, you can do it!
Oh thank you very much on more suggestions for eats! And yeah I need to get some cardio in from now on. Also I like that tea idea..I might actually try that cos I know I get the munchies if I stay up a little later.