Old 02-19-2013, 07:35 AM   #16  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

There is a difference between being healthy and losing weight.

Eating clean is healthy - only eating lean cuisines for months on end is not healthy.

Ultimately - yes, while losing weight is scientific in the sense that it's a math formula, there are other mitigating factors: exercise, nutrition, etc. Not all calories are created equally. There's a difference between a 140 calorie candy bar and 140 calories of lean protein. Each has different effects on your body.

If you are 7lbs away from goal it will take you longer to lose it because there isn't much to lose. People have set weights that their bodies prefer, as well. You have a healthy BMI.

Clean eating isn't too expensive if you go to the farmer's market and shop the sale. I eat pretty clean and try to only buy processed if I can read the label and understand what it's saying. The fewer ingredients the better, in my opinion.

I feel like cr@p when I don't eat clean. I went to a Bachelorette Party this week and I still feel like crap from everything I put in my body. Ugh. I used to calorie count, but it just doesn't work for me. I actually do Weight Watchers which doesn't even use calories in their formula anymore - it's based off of fat, fiber, carbs and protein.

Good Luck!
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote