Old 12-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/165/120

Height: 5'2"

Default Material awards and incentives for weight loss

Hi guys!

I was wondering if you all have rewards/incentives for weight loss. Not just "looking good and feeling great" (which is ultimately the best reward) but material things as well. e.g. new clothes/shoes, a car, a new phone / electronic device, etc. So does anyone?

As for me... (I hope you guys don't yell at me for this!) I want rhinoplasty -- a nose job. I am hoping to get down to 130 or so by the summer and then make my consultation. I can't wait. There is literally nothing that would make me happier.

{*Tillie*}
Tillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Oh definitely! I'm highly motivated by new stuff, not so much by health, lol.

I have a reward system set up for "minutes of cardio" too. Included are things like a massage and facial, a high end makeup product of my choice, new sunglasses, and my super duper cardio reward is a pair (or three...) of Lululemon pants. Because they're pretty and I want them.

No judgment whatsoever on the rhinoplasty. It's your body, you should be happy with it! Just be careful picking a surgeon, when the time comes. There are definitely quacks out there!

Last edited by penmage; 12-28-2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: finish my thought
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #3  
TV Watcher

S/C/G: 232/208/160

Height: 5'6"

I want to be able to get cheap clothes from ebay without worry about it being unbelievable too small for me. I'm a ways away from that place, but I am definitely looking for it.
triptriptrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #4  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

If you think a rhinoplasty would make you feel better about yourself, there is no reason you shouldn't go for it. As for me, I want to get an om symbol tattooed on the back of my neck, I have om symbols all over my house and I want to get one to go with me. The reason I don't do it now is because when my hair is short and I'm not leaning forward it creates a line across my neck that would hide it. So I look forward to my goal weight when I can get it.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

i don't really do that cuz i am a shopaholic and i buy stuff for myself all the time...

i guess if i ever reached my dream goal weight, i would want to get a boob job. my boobs are really big now, but they are already kinda saggy, and i'm afraid of what they're gonna look like when i finally get there, you know? so it'd be nice to pull things up in their rightful place, so to speak... lol. but i think i'd have to go back home to do that... would be way too afraid to get it done in japan :/
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'8

I usually reward myself with clothes, makeup, or jewelry. Whenever I reach my big goal I really want to get a tattoo. Not sure of what yet, I need to find someone to design something special for me.
RachelRawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:59 AM   #7  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Having an excuse to buy new clothes.

It's hard to deny yourself a shopping trip when you literally have nothing in your size!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Rewards

Buying a daypack for hiking in the mountains around here.....and actually being able to use it.

Getting rid of my cane! That's kind of a reverse reward, but one I'm looking forward to.

Signing up for yoga.....can't get down on the floor and back up right now.

Bath products for luxury soaking baths once I can get out of the tub again.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 184.5/184.5/150

Height: 5'6

I want to get a breast reduction after I lose weight. I have nothing against cosmetic surgery whatsoever. It's your body! You should do what makes you happy!
goldentx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/215.4/150

Height: 5'6"

My weight loss since I started has been continuous, I haven't had a gain week yet, even with Christmas, which blows my mind, but I'm so happy about it. I decided last night that I would make the effort to learn how to do my makeup properly and speak to a professional about what would work best for both my skin tone and eye shape and all that. I rarely wear make up right now, but as I continue to lose weight, I know it will be likely that I will want to wear it more and more. That might seem weird, but I have tried playing around on my own and just can't get the hang of it, so I'm finally looking for help! Not so much a goal once I lose weight, but something that might help me grow as a person and a woman. Not saying I need makeup to feel like a woman, but might help on my lower self esteem days.
lrgemmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 185/165/120

You guys all have such great reward ideas

lrgemmell, going off what you said, I think most of us tend to have incentives that make us feel more feminine. plastic surgery, make up, clothes, yoga classes, bath/beauty products, etc. Just an interesting observation.
Tillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:59 PM   #12  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

No judgement on the rhinoplasty! I would love to have a breast lift and tummy tuck when I'm absolutely sure that we're done having kids. After having two kids in less than two years, my poor body could use a little help.

As for other rewards... I love clothes shopping. Now that I'm pretty much at my goal, it feels good to buy quality clothes that I plan to fit into for a long time.
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:41 PM   #13  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

I say go for the rhinoplasty. I want a breast and butt lift when I an done. I know I will need both.

There is also this site in China that has some of the cutest dresses but they only go up to a size 10. I want to go on there and rack up when I get to my goal.

When I drop 50. I am getting a phoenix tattoo on my back.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

I'm giving myself something at every mini goal I set for myself.

Also, I have a clothing website that I really want to buy stuff from but most of the clothes would only look good on someone at least as small as a 6. So I have forbidden myself from buying anything until I reach my goal weight.

Definitely do whatever it takes to motivate yourself to get healthy!
redrose8988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 175/143/130

Height: 5'4

Lots of great ideas floating around here! My plan for now is a reward for every 5 pounds. I'm hoping that comes out to about a reward every month. I'm starting with some small things then working my way up to stuff I really want.

Here's what I'm planning so far:
-5lbs: New nail polish and magazine (I never buy these but I love them) and take the time to do my nails/ pamper myself and maybe a lipstick if I'm feeling like really awesome.
-10lbs: Lush bath bomb and facial mask plus more pampering time
-15lbs: Massage or maybe some jewelry
-20lbs: Sephora makeup haul!!!!!
-25-30lbs GOAL: Jcrew shopping spree (including a bathing suit) and new pretty underthings.
Lauracore is offline   Reply With Quote