Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #496  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymish View Post
Ok ladies im in serious need of some helps here.
i have been steadily losing since augest. im down 65 lbs. the last couple weeks i have been stuck at 205. so i decided maybe it was a plateau and i changed up my food and exercise plans. even threw in a few days off and ate extra (2000 calories instead of around 1250). now its like BAM week later and im at 212 and bloated look like im about to birth. its not near TOM for me. so what the heck can i do get me moving, cause my scale is going in the wrong direction and it stressin me out!. i should also mention that i did go down a inch oh my waist even thou i went up 7 lbs. and i no inches count more but this is the first time my weight has stopped going down in 6 months so it freaking me out.
I am trying to understand! You said you ate a extra 2,000 calories; however, you already been eating 1250 calories a day. So that's a total of 3, 250 a day.

If you are eating 3, 250 a day. it will be hard to lose weight if you are not burning off at least 2,000 of what you ate. That's about 3-4 hours in the gym.

I eat 1300 a day or sometimes less, because i sleep for 8 to 10 hrs on my rest days. What I found out that if you burn at least half of what you ate everyday you can lose about 2-3 pounds a week.

However, if you are eating 2000 a day.. and you are working-out and burning at least 1,000 of what you ate. you should still lose weight.

Keep in mind that gain could just be water weight.

Also keep in mind that 3,500 calories is ONE POUND!So, if you are not burning off at least half of that after eating; you will gain.

Best of luck to you!
Old 02-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #497  

Quote:
Originally Posted by celigirl88 View Post
Is it to late to start this? I would love to get in on the challenge even though it's almost the end of February
Never too late! Welcome and best of luck to you!
Old 02-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #498  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Put on weight this week, it's not TOM so I am not happy. Oh well, revising everything, going to keep going with P90X and keep pushing through. I know my body will adjust.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #499  

S/C/G: 268/163/155

Height: 5 foot 6

sorry i must have not typed it right lol i was eating 1250 calories. then i upped it to about 2000 calories total. and i usually burn of about 700 extra calories during exercise and i eat back about 400 of them. so technically i consume about 1600 a day when things are going my way. and i had upped them to about 2600 when i was consuming the 2000 with exercise. i eat all healthy foods. i did the bmr thing when i started and to lose 2 lbs a week it gave me 1200 calories a day.
hopefully whatever my body is doing it sorts itself out. as of this morning i am still up but only by 3.5 lbs but down 2 inches. ima leave my weight in for a day or 2 and hope that my body gets back to normal!
thanks for all the advice ladies!
Old 02-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #500  

S/C/G: 165/137/120

Height: 4'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatness View Post
Never too late! Welcome and best of luck to you!
Sweet deal! When I get home from work I will be registering!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #501  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
sorry i must have not typed it right lol i was eating 1250 calories. then i upped it to about 2000 calories total. and i usually burn of about 700 extra calories during exercise and i eat back about 400 of them. so technically i consume about 1600 a day when things are going my way. and i had upped them to about 2600 when i was consuming the 2000 with exercise. i eat all healthy foods. i did the bmr thing when i started and to lose 2 lbs a week it gave me 1200 calories a day.
hopefully whatever my body is doing it sorts itself out. as of this morning i am still up but only by 3.5 lbs but down 2 inches. ima leave my weight in for a day or 2 and hope that my body gets back to normal!
2600 calories a day will definitely make you gain. If you feel like you need to reset, then you should really only do a high calorie day once & then get back to your normal eating pattern. Maintaining a 1600 calorie a day diet is perfect for your weight right now. It allows you to feel full & still lose steadily. If you are already at 1250, then you have no wiggle room when your body stops responding because you are already at the lowest calorie intake. I'm down to my last 6lbs & I cannot lose at 1200 calories. I have to maintain about a 1400 calorie daily diet to lose. Check your BMR & see if that makes a difference, but definitely don't do any more 2600 calorie days. That is far too much & it's no wonder you gained 7lbs. Good luck!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #502  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Height: 5'4"

I got hit with a stomach bug yesterday, so I had a huge drop this morning, but when I get back to normal eating, I'll pop back up. Still nice to see a 135. That hasn't happened since Jr High.

I actually bought a bikini for the summer because I have some trips coming up, but after realizing that it was going to be a mental strain trying to achieve some perfect flat belly, I had a hard talk with my hubby & decided to reign it back on in & just stick to my cute tankini. And it's HOT! I could bust my balls until April & do everything I can to get a flat belly, but if it didn't happen, I would be devastated & I would be in a pissy mood that I wasn't able to do it. (Full disclosure: my SIL is a Beach Body coach who only works out & drinks shake ology (this was starred out??) & we have always had a rivalry, really. I was never in this part of the competition before, & now that I am, well, it's created more issues for me getting obsessive & trying to be as good or better. Probably for her as well because she was always the skinny/perfect body one & now I get attention for it all the time.) ANYWAY, so, I ditched the bikini idea & got a darling SMALL blue tankini with a white bikini bottom. I thought my hubby was going to jump me when I put it on.

Maybe I will have a flat belly by then (been doing the 300 challenge since January & added planks to the routine as well), but maybe I won't. Either way, it doesn't matter. I need to start enjoying this 71lb weight loss & stop obsessing over my pooch that I earned by having the most beautiful baby girl. My goal isn't to be a hard body anyway. It was to be healthy. Readjusting, refocusing.

Last edited by MaddieBPhoto; 02-18-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #503  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Ooops . . . in only two months posting has passed the magic limit of 500 in one thread.

Would someone kindly start a new thread?
Old 02-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #504  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieBPhoto View Post
I got hit with a stomach bug yesterday, so I had a huge drop this morning, but when I get back to normal eating, I'll pop back up. Still nice to see a 135. That hasn't happened since Jr High.

I actually bought a bikini for the summer because I have some trips coming up, but after realizing that it was going to be a mental strain trying to achieve some perfect flat belly, I had a hard talk with my hubby & decided to reign it back on in & just stick to my cute tankini. And it's HOT! I could bust my balls until April & do everything I can to get a flat belly, but if it didn't happen, I would be devastated & I would be in a pissy mood that I wasn't able to do it. (Full disclosure: my SIL is a Beach Body coach who only works out & drinks shake ology (this was starred out??) & we have always had a rivalry, really. I was never in this part of the competition before, & now that I am, well, it's created more issues for me getting obsessive & trying to be as good or better. Probably for her as well because she was always the skinny/perfect body one & now I get attention for it all the time.) ANYWAY, so, I ditched the bikini idea & got a darling SMALL blue tankini with a white bikini bottom. I thought my hubby was going to jump me when I put it on.

Maybe I will have a flat belly by then (been doing the 300 challenge since January & added planks to the routine as well), but maybe I won't. Either way, it doesn't matter. I need to start enjoying this 71lb weight loss & stop obsessing over my pooch that I earned by having the most beautiful baby girl. My goal isn't to be a hard body anyway. It was to be healthy. Readjusting, refocusing.
Sorry about hearing you got sick... I know how you feel! All that running to the restroom time will wear-you-down! Lol

You will get that flat belly in no time! I am also trying to lose this little belly Fat. The funny thing is; when I put on clothes my belly look flat! Lol.. When I take them off Reality kicks in.hahahahaha
Old 02-18-2013, 04:04 PM   #505  

Quote:
Thanks for clearing things up! In my OP: I would not rein-take 400 after only burning 700. That workout was a waste of time. However, if you sleep that day for at least 7-8 hrs you can burn half of 400 in your sleep!

Don't forget ladies you burn calories when you sleep also. This is one reason you're lighter on the scale in the morning.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #506  
amber

S/C/G: 318/288.8/220

Height: 5'5"

I went to Austin this weekend. I ate a lot of yummy food and drank the whole weekend. Lol, I'm up 4 pounds since before I left. I know it's not "actual" weight but it isn't fun seeing the numbers. Also, I had a horrid stomach bug on Thursday and took Imodium AD- I WILL NEVER TAKE THAT AGAIN. I still haven't been able to have a normal BM. Maybe next weeks weigh in will be better :/ lol
I'm, not goign to beat myself up for having a weekend where I didn't care and just had fun- I figure I'm allowed so long as I get my bootay back into gear! Gonna do 30ds L2D2 today and try to add in some blast fat boost metabolism for extra measure ha.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #507  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

I'll respond with personals later...but just popping in as a way to remind myself to be on track. I ballooned up to 176 this week....really pissed at myself. That's the largest gain I've had since I started losing.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #508  

S/C/G: 135/124/110

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I always feel a little embarrassed crawling back here after I've been away without losing (or even gaining some) but I know you guys all understand!

I've actually already put on a bikini this year (yikes!) I went up to the mountains a couple weeks ago and forgot to bring my swimsuit (tankini) but there was a hot tub that I had to get in, so I borrowed someone else's. Thank god there were no pictures or anything, the next time I get into a bikini this year I would like to feel a lot more confident!

137.5 this week. I'm going to do my weigh ins for this on Monday, which will be interesting since I take my "day off" on Sunday. Yesterday my weight was 133 lol. But maybe it will will give me some inspiration to behave a little better on Sunday if I know that Monday I have to share my weight with everyone.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #509  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny Tiger View Post
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I always feel a little embarrassed crawling back here after I've been away without losing (or even gaining some) but I know you guys all understand!

I've actually already put on a bikini this year (yikes!) I went up to the mountains a couple weeks ago and forgot to bring my swimsuit (tankini) but there was a hot tub that I had to get in, so I borrowed someone else's. Thank god there were no pictures or anything, the next time I get into a bikini this year I would like to feel a lot more confident!

137.5 this week. I'm going to do my weigh ins for this on Monday, which will be interesting since I take my "day off" on Sunday. Yesterday my weight was 133 lol. But maybe it will will give me some inspiration to behave a little better on Sunday if I know that Monday I have to share my weight with everyone.
Nuts how we may feel a little ashamed when we come back having gained, this site should be the place where we feel the least uncomfortable about our weight, especially because we all understand. Welcome back bet u will get back down in no time

Last edited by chubbiegurl; 02-18-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:51 AM   #510  

S/C/G: 210/209/130

Height: 5'4.5"

ok
Closed Thread