Old 12-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/178/135

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Help! I've lost my motivation

Hi everyone,
So I've been struggling with staying on track for a few months now. When I started my weightloss journey, my life was very structured. I worked a 40hr work week, went to the gym as soon as I got home, and had very little tempting foods in my house. After I finished this job I moved back home and that structure disappeared. I now have a part time job and still working on a second part time job, I go between my dad and my boyfriends house, I have a hard time sticking with a workout schedule and the weightwatchers I was following I've pretty much given up. Every day I say I'm going to go back to it but I always end up giving in to temptation. I lost 30lbs during the time I had structure and now I've been at the same weight for over 4 months. What are some ways to get that motivation back? How can I fight the temptation? Any advice would help, I've made it half way to my goal and I don't want to give up. Thanks!
-Lauren
Lmgreosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

First, congrats for losing 30 pounds, even better you managed to maintain that loss! Give yourself a high five!!!

Second, you can get back on the horse anytime. Right now you can choose to have a salad for dinner, or go for a brisk walk. It doesn't have to be an all or nothing situation, it can be baby steps.

Good luck, we're rooting for ya!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #3  

2013 is around the corner. You've got DAYS to decide that you will change and take charge of your life. Stick to your diet.

PS - I'm talking to you as much as I'm talking to myself.

I've got 9-10kgs to go and am struggling too.
Crissie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:22 PM   #4  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

I'm the same as you. I started at 253 2,5 years ago and I've only lost 55 lbs. I started college late and I have Hashimoto's, so I always go from my place to my parents and I always seem to be looking for a new endocrinologist. I usually stop dieting when I'm at my parents and resume when I'm home. It used to drive me crazy that I couldn't stick to a schedule and just be done with it. Now I'm over it. I keep coming back and that's what matters. Just start making small changes and if you really want to lose the weight, you'll get back into it.
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:29 PM   #5  
babybat

Height: 5'7

I second what Mozzy said.

Bring structure back into your life if it works for you.
Babybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 221/186/160

Height: 5'7''

thirds... anything is better than nothing, especially now when you're so discouraged, try to focus on what you ARE doing instead of what you AREN'T... you can always replace a sugary drink with water, start dinner by eating your vegetables to fill up, eat half your plate in vegetables...
also it's been hard for me to stick to my plan lately, everytime I want to slip I write down and re-read the reasons why I'm eating healthier.
domesticbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 205/178/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the words of encouragement. Today I told myself I'm getting back on the wagon and so far so good. I keep trying to use the holidays as an excuse and I know that's stupid, so I'm not going to wait for Jan. 1, I'm jumping in now. Hopefully I can get that structure and keep pushing forward. I really do appreciate all your replies
Lmgreosk is offline   Reply With Quote