Old 11-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Default Just need to rant

I am trying pretty hard to eat healthy. Lots of fresh veggies and lean protein. I live with my boyfriend and honestly we would both like to lose weight for an upcoming vacation.

He is an "all or nothing" kind of person, and disagrees with my calorie counting if i'm not going to cut out all things that bring me joy and exercise every single day.

He said he was going to do this with me, but that it's going to be very strict. I said fine, I'll be fairly miserable for the next month and a half if it means that I can make great progress for vacation.

Then, like twice in the past week or so, he comes home from work with candy. Like, a lot of candy.. one time it was 2 king size bars, 2 regular bars and one other thing. Then, yesterday it was 2 packages of big cup reeses. He has been having a hard time at work lately and says he wants to treat himself. And that's fine, I told him go on, just eat it in the car or something and don't even tell me about it!! For those of you who don't know I have a crack-like problem with chocolate/candy/brownies. One does not simply not eat the candy in the house.

So, despite telling him that if he wants to have a treat that's fine..just leave me out of it, he hasn't listened Luckily, I haven't totally binged on the things he brought home, but even having one serving makes me feel awful.

I have been doing well staying within my calorie range daily, but the temptation is really wearing on me :\
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #2  
Pain Is Fuel

S/C/G: 180/176/118

Height: 5'5

I have been having this identical problem with my fiancee. He continuously tells me he wants to lose weight with me, that he wants to lose the 20lbs he gained this year.

Unfortunately things have not been going as smoothly as I had hoped, he continues to eat junk. At night he tries very hard to tempt me into eating, even though he knows I am likely to give into temptation and binge at night.

Just last night he brought home an entire blueberry pie for dinner. Can you imagine pie for dinner!? He somehow convinced himself that it was "okay" because he didn't have many calories yesterday. He offered me some and when I said no he cut me a slice any way. He knows I love pie and even when I tried to resist he waved it in my face. I ate it. Like you said, one does not simply say no to pie!

No amount of asking him to eat his junk food in the car or somewhere I am not will get him to do so. I know he is doing it because he loves me and wants me to be happy but its hard not to feel like he is sabotaging me.

The way I deal with most things like candy & chocolate. I gather up all of my strength and threaten to throw it all in the garbage if he doesn't take it to his car. Usually this works, since he doesn't want his precious junk in the trash can. If you find something that works, be sure to let me know!

In the meantime, hang in there girl. Stay strong, we can beat this!

Last edited by Mimzzy; 11-07-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Mimzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:21 PM   #3  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/127

Height: 5'7"

Ugh I can relate. My hubby is the biggest junk food junkie I know. It is SO HARD to resist the temptation. We ALWAYS have candy in our house
ToriJ84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:50 PM   #4  
Wannabe Hot Momma

S/C/G: 274/ticker/155

Height: 5'7"

My boyfriend is like this with junk food, but he isnt interested in losing weight. Its tough, but I just keep reminding myself how I am going to look and feel by next November. The cravings and temptation are still there, I just have to pretend they're not. I turned down lasagna tonight and said I didnt want it. I lied lol
rinsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:56 PM   #5  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

My husband always brings junk home. He is able to ignore it for days where I as will eat EVERYTHING if I know its there.

Then, ofcourse he is always "all or nothing". He doesn't need to lose weight, but he comments whenever I eat something crummy, even if its within my calorie range. He says "if you just didn't eat any of it, it would be easier" since he's never had a food addiction and is at the perfect weight. It's annoying as frack!.

But anyways, you can't control what they bring home. It's their house too. I always have roommates who eat like crap and I can't tell them whats allowed in the house, just like I can't tell my husband. You can ask that it be kept in a separate cupboard or something, but you can't banish someone to eating in the car (even though I know exactly how hard it is to resist stealing some - or all - of the chocolate)
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote