November Chat Thread - Page 8 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 11-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

phae: I've been slacking too. I was good on Saturday saying I'd stay motivated, then...I don't know what happened, haha

beauty: Sounds like you've hit a plateau. Power through it! And this isn't the first time I've done the online dating thing. I'm just hesitant because I just got out of one. I guess I'll just have to keep my hopes up!

ballerina: Just remember that everything happens for a reason. Maybe you'll find a better apartment or the perfect roommate. Everything always works out *hugs*

rainbow: What's was the limited edition burger?

rinsmommy: I have the same relationship with my scale. I'm terrified to get on every morning. But when my numbers are high, I yell at it. Then, when the numbers drop the next day I apologize, haha.

Roo2: Good job for staying OP. Exercising with your dogs is also good for your body and your soul What types of dogs?

penmage: Yay! How is it?

SoMuch: I'm already on okcupid. There seem to be more weirdos on there because it's free. And yeah, if anything I'll get a rebound, hahaha. Hopefully I'll meet someone worthwhile though.

bea: That means you're breaking down your fat cells! Woohoo!

I was so exhausted last night. The day felt soooooo long and just dragged and dragged. I'm hoping that today will be better. I don't have exciting plans but I'm looking forward to going home and just relaxing. I'm back on plan today (hopefully) and going to force myself to eat. I guess we'll see how long this lasts, esepcially since thanksgiving is next week. I'm okay with my weight now, but I'd love to lose another 5-10 pounds or so. I'd be happy with that.
jmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

SoMuchFattitude I don't even think we get spaghetti squash here which is a bummer! Your post just reminded me that I should probably do some measurements!

jmko It was a McFeast. I don't know if they have it everywhere... it was basically a quarter pounder but with added lettuce, tomato and mayo...and I don't eat fresh tomato so I had to get it taken out haha. Good to hear that you're back on plan and I'm sure you can lose those last 5-10 pounds if you want to!

~I ended up making baked stuff eggplants last night - made up the recipe and was pretty impressed actually! I just ate the leftovers for lunch. While it was baking last night, I went for a run with it in the oven - I was so paranoid about leaving the oven on while being out of the house but I had to justify it - what's the difference between being out of the house or being in a different room?

So happy to see that the scale was down again today - 64.3kg! (141.7 pounds). As I said to SoMuchFattitude, I really need to start doing measurements again because I know the difference is there but it's hard to see it. I just can't wait for the day when my stupid oversized stomach and fat starts to get smaller and disappear.

I'm going to see the last installment in the Twilight series tonight with my sister. We've seen them all together. As ridiculous as they may be, they're still light entertainment.

My sister is singing Christmas carols at the mall before the movie (already! I can't believe it's that time of year already!) so we'll meet up for dinner afterwards and then the movie. I'm already trying to plan what I'll eat at the mall...there's this place call Pita Pit which is pretty healthy so I might go for that.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:29 AM   #108  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

I'm so sorry, Quiet! I hope another upgrade becomes available soon!

Cookies turned out well, and are now disappeared into various bellys. I didn't do too bad with the taste testing. Always having a glass of ice water on hand with a bowl of fresh fruit and green beans nearby really helped the munching issue. Had 5-8 cookies instead of eating over a dozen and making myself vaguely sick. So I'm marking that up as a victory. I made four different batches and it took almost all day to bake 'em all.

I'm still working on my kitchen. I'm papering the cabinets and drawers cause they are gross even after scrubbing them. This rental still beats my last one (aka the spider/lizard shack).

Hope all is well this week, and that the baby is getting better.
I loved the Tardis pic! I need to pop on here more often, personals are difficult after three or so pages! I second the alteration-pain, JMKO, I can't get new uniform tops, so I have to make these last until I'm comfortable in girl-work shirts. All the ones I have now are balloony, and what I see in the store take ironing, is cheap-looking material, designed for older women, not work appropriate, or is covered in beads and sequins. The pains of shopping, . I'm a ball with really long legs and arms, so dresses look funny on me.
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #109  

rainbow: McFeast...we definitely don't have those here. Glad to hear your scale is down!! How was twilight??

zan: I'm so anti ironing! Though I've come to realize if I pull it immediately out of the dryer, it saves me the headache. Either that or I spritz with water then use my hairdryer while it's on. Haha, ghetto, I know!

So I had a date last night! Well, not really a date, just hanging out with a guy. Yeah...nothing earth shattering or amazing - just dinner and a movie at his place. He made me watch "Taken," since I haven't seen it and the second one is out in theatres. He's nice, but I'm not sure about any sort of relationship at the moment for obvious reasons.

I'm dying for it to be Friday already. This week is dragging and it's making me go a little crazy. I have my work evaluation today, and I'm scared sh*tless. We'll see if I'm up for a promotion after this afternoon. ACK!
Old 11-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #110  
bee

S/C/G: 265.5/240/160

Height: 5'7"

Fattitude: Your socks are super adorable! (In that pic of you like 2 weeks ago) That head bang sounds bad!!

JMKO: I hope he didn't take anything important. jerkhole. As for losing pants sizes!! that's great.. I have several things that don't fit any more but I plan to put them up on eBay during winter break. Depending on the brand of jeans you can get crazy money for them. I met my boyfriend on okcupid. I also think I got back out there way too soon, because as much as I like him, I don't feel like I am completely over my last break up. Which is probably more sucky for him than for me. I thought he would just be a rebound and as much as I question it, he's really sweat and I think I would miss him if we broke it off. And I totally understand wishing to hang out with you guys!! I would gladly move to Hawaii any day, ever. I am glad you're getting you time again. That is my number one priority in a relationship. If I don't then I start sabotaging everything. IF I need to iron something. (At most like a hemline) I use my hair straightener. My madre saw me doing this and joked but it works.

Quiet: I can't believe that you are having so much trouble finding either a place or a roommate. That just sucks butt. I hope it gets better soon.

zanheltangia: I used to work at Torrid and one of my managers had your bodytype. When she would dress up she had empire waist dresses with a vertical print and her legs always looked awesome in them. Or A-line skirts. They work for everyone!!

rainbow stripe: I always buy those types of dresses too. or if its jersey material they end up being the typical empire and leggings. (the most comfortable outfit ever!) There is a scientific reasoning that spiciness makes you feel fuller. I don't remember where i saw it though.

Phae: I LOVE your Tardis pic! I just got my boyfriend and my brother into it!
----------------
Well I am proud of myself!! I actually did personals woohoo. And I have found my motivation again! I worked out for the first time since last Monday and my moodiness is gone!! And after my workout I was moving a box and it had some summer dresses in it. I pulled out my favorite dress. I bought it 5 years ago and this is the very first time I have been able to wear it minus spanx. And I do believe I am looking nice.

Tonight is crazy busy. I am taking a bookshelf to my mom's friend so I can free up some space/ get some cash.But it still has a ton of crap on it! erg. My room is way too cramped. After that I am a face model for a MaryKay party. and I get free things! awesome! Then I am meeting my step-family for the Twilight movie. And my step-mom says I went last time, and I kind of remember going. But I don't remember the movie at all. So, I'm trying to watch/get things together so I have it all done for tonight. And I am terrified that I have homework that I haven't done due tomorrow. blah!

Silly question... Am I supposed to not wear makeup for that type of party?!!

Last edited by beahawkins; 11-15-2012 at 03:41 PM.
beahawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:01 PM   #111  

zan OH man cookies. I think you did well. I actually have never baked cookies on my own because I know I don't have a lot of control with cookies. I went through a faze a few weeks ago where I was craving cookies BIG TIME. It was crazy.

jmko Even if it doesn't go anywhere, it's nice to hang out with different people in different capacities. I hope the work evaluation went well!!

beahawkins I find dresses so addictive, I am so bad at just continuing to buy them, but I swear that when I buy a new one, an old one disappears, because I never seem to actually have that many! Glad to hear that you've found your motivation again, that is awesome! Free MaryKay stuff also sounds fun! We don't get it here but I remember a few years back a friend of my mum's that lives in the US sent us a bunch of makeup and it was good stuff.

~No spoilers for anyone who is going to see Twilight, other than to say that I was slightly underwhelmed. They didn't really miss anything out but I also didn't love the movie. But I still think it's worth seeing if you're into the movies/books.

I am SO glad it's Friday, I've just been having a hard time concentrating on my work this week for some reason. Not that I haven't been doing it, but more that when I'm doing it, my mind can't stay focused as well as normal. Hopefully after this weekend I'll be back on top as I've got a lot of organising to do for our work Christmas party which is in two weeks today!!

I underate yesterday, not on purpose, but I figured I'd get a snack at the movies and I didn't. I had a Starbuck's Christmas drink, first of the season - I just wish they'd bring back the Dark Cherry Mocha!!

I am already trying to psyche myself up for an on track weekend...but I know it won't quite work, I have a barbecue/party to go to at our friends place on Saturday night - and they just moved in right up the road from us, so we don't have to drive. Have to be careful with alcohol!
Old 11-15-2012, 11:20 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

A couple of people have asked how I made the meatless chili, so here's the recipe. I just kind of fiddled with ingredients until it tasted like the chili my dad makes, but without the meat! Spices can be altered to personal taste, of course.

1 can Bush's Chili Magic Chili Starter (I used Traditional Mild)
1 can (14.5oz) Del Monte Italian Recipe Stewed Tomatoes
1 can Northern Beans (I'm cheap, I used Great Value brand)
1 can chili beans (also Great Value brand)
1 can (either Northern Bean or Chili Bean can) of water
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
crushed red pepper flakes to taste

Dump it all in a pot, bring to a boil for a few minutes, thicken if desired, turn down to simmer for 15 minutes or so, and eat! I don't like vegetables and other stuff in my chili, so I'm happy with all the beans, haha.

Tried out the exercise bike for the first time today. It's a NordicTrack GX 4.5 (4.2 maybe) Recumbent bike. HOLY MOSES! It HARD! I know it's been awhile since I've been to the gym, but WOWZA! Resistance Level 5 on the gym's bike is Level 1 on this bike! Ouch ouch ouch. I struggled through 15 minutes panting and sweating and darn near had to crawl up the basement stairs at the end. The dog thought it was the most hilarious thing ever. Rotten fleabag. *falls over dead*

Now for personals!

BleuMaus- Moving 3 times in 6 months?! I wouldn't even have time to unpack anything.

beahawkins- Nothing wrong with maintaining until your schedule becomes more manageable. You can do it! Congrats on the fat being "squishy" now. Next thing you know, it'll be GONE!

SoMuchFattitude- I LOVE THOSE SHOES!! Do you think your husband would go shoe shopping with me? I'm only a 14 hour drive from Atlanta, lol. Oh, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Quiet Ballerina- Enjoy your staycation! Sounds like fun Also, I'm sorry about the apartment

Jmko- I tried the online dating thing, except I used OKCupid, since it was free. Tried it twice, and both were absolute disasters. I've never been propositioned for so much sex before! Well, prior to that, never, lol. One guy I thought had potential completely disappeared on me, and another one is now engaged to a girl he met. I'm invited to the wedding... wasn't that nice of him?! You might have better luck with Match, since you do have to pay, right? I've never used it. Either way, good luck! And be sure to share any creeper/loser stories

BeautyandtheBeast- Welcome! Your screen name and avatar are two of my favorite movies ever. I'm secretly a 5 year old girl in the body of a 20-something.

rinsmommy- Hope you're feeling better!

rainbowstripe- YAY! Someone else that admits to the guilty pleasure of Twilight. It's so bad, and the acting is mostly awful, but I love it anyway. Awesome brain candy. I can't wait to see it, and mock it afterwards.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:30 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 260/252/150

Height: 5'3''

*peaks head in*

I have been reading a while and jumping in...

Hi all!!!
camocutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:49 AM   #114  

penmage You got it in one - terrible to admit to liking, but definitely a guilty pleasure! New bike sounds exciting, if hard, I guess it just means you'll be pushing yourself? That can't be a bad thing, unless you go TOO hard!

~Just have to admit that I have kind of binged tonight...I know I've gone way over 2000 calories today (and my daily target is 1300). I know that yesterday I was only just over 1000, so I could have gone a bit higher today, but I went all out and it was a bit silly. A beer and a white wine at work, followed by KFC for dinner AND a chocolate covered icecream. Even when I was buying the icecream I felt extreme guilt, and having just sat here and ate it, I feel worse...but I know that I can come back from a set back like this, I just have to exercise more damn self control!!

This weekend could be a bit of a challenge with the barbecue tomorrow night starting early and the drinks flowing...I'm already stressing about it.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:24 AM   #115  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

IT'S FRIDAY!!!

jmko I love OKC because of all the weirdos. I know that's terrible, but god - it's so much fun. I get the best, and by best I mean most hilarious messages. EX: on that whole "something you're willing to admit" part I wrote something about knowing more about ATL Sports than you do and this guy writes to me and I'm quoting him here, "You don't know more about Atlanta sports than me. Guarantee it. That is all. Not looking for blow jobs, sex, anal, facials, etc. Have a nice day." Omg - laughed SO hard. WHO says that? Michael1116 apparently. Did you meet your date on OKC? If so, I hope he was better than Michael1116. How'd your evaluation go?

rainbowstripe I <3 eggplant. I would cry so many tears if we didn't have spaghetti squash. I live off of that stuff. I live by the 80% routine and 20% sh*t happens rule. This eliminates SO much stress for me now. Enjoy your BBQ. If you over eat, you over eat; if you over drink, you over drink. What's the point of life if you can't enjoy it? Don't stop living while you're losing weight - this is a lifestyle change.

beahawkins Thanks! How are you doing with the whole eating disorder thing? Did you peek at my blog? Let me know if I can help at all. I wear makeup all the time - so do whatever feels comfortable for you!

penmage He probably would - but only if he could pick them out. The only problem is I have specify if I need to be able to do more than f*ck in them otherwise ALL of my shoes would be unwearable. At Christmas I end up telling him "I need shoes FOR WORK that are not over 4 inches." He always looks so disappointed, but does a great job. Great job with the bike!

-------------

I'm clearly feeling chatty today! Boy oh boy - that might be a good or bad thing depending on threads I read.

I'm proud of myself - I've eaten sensibly this week, worked out every day and haven't weighed in. I'm trying not to weigh in until Thanksgiving - which is difficult for someone as obsessed as I am.

DH was super adorbs and bought my domain/website for me and moved all of my content over! - www.somuchfattitude.com. It's currently mostly health/weight loss/fitness related but I'm considering expanding it.

The Holidays are clearly near, as I am cooking up a storm. Last night I made salted bourbon caramels and collard greens. For dinner I made a skinny tomato parmesan soup and grilled cheddar sandwiches. Mmm... the best part about not obsessing over my calories and listening to my body is that I'm eating more of what I want, but less overall. I feel so much more satisfied.

Another BUSY weekend with no down time in the near future... tonight I am shopping/girls nighting with my mom and bff, tomorrow we are doing a 4k called Tap N Run where they give you beer at every run, you dress like idiots and it's just a fun time and of course that's followed with college ball and then on Sunday we're going to my brothers for the Falcons game.

Last edited by SoMuchFattitude; 11-16-2012 at 07:27 AM.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #116  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Hi girls, just checking in ! I lost 4 pounds this week! yay, i chalk it up to water weight because my measurements are pretty much the same!

Fattitude: I'll def be checking out your new website soon
Rainbow:don't wrry about your binge, and you're gong to a barbecue also, so just start fresh on monday, If you plan your "cheat" meal you'll feel better about yourself. so before you go say ok i'm gonna allow myself this and that then monday I'll forget about that and move on . You gotta have fun sometime! Plus the holidays are tough but dont beat yourself up about it , thats my downfall too. If I make a mistake I'm like oh well I better eat 47 more cookies cuz I'm a screw up. But thats the wrong mindset..
Camo: Hey I do that too esp cuz i really cant check everyday my computer is being a butthead!
Pen: Your recipe sounds delicious! I llove chili w cornbread! bad choice for weight loss but gooood stuff
Bea: I would say , don't wear makeup to the party because you need to give a 'clean canvas' so to speak..have fun at the movies!

I have been following my program very well foodwise, I've got 64 days left til the wedding! and 24 pounds I know I'm gonna make it , it is so exciting! I get a tad cranky from the lack of carbs , but i know its only temporary. Have a good day ladies!!
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #117  

bea: He is a jerk! But water under the bridge. He took all my phone chargers and cordage for my tv, game systems, etc. I had to buy new ones. Those things aren't cheap either. I use my flatiron for ironing hems and pockets and sleeves and stuff. Haha, it's usually on anyway, so might as well use it! As far as wearing makeup, I'd say go for it. If they want you to take it off, you can always just wash your face.

rainbow: You're right. It is finally nice to be out there meeting people and not have to worry about getting home and fighting, or what they think, or having any sort of commitment. Dark cherry mocha sounds amazing! I want to walk to starbucks now!

penmage: Chili sounds so good! I'm going to have to try it and I think I want to try it in my crockpot! All the sex propositions!! TELL ME ABOUT IT! I couldn't believe it the first time. I had to specifically put in my profile that if you're going to start your message with something like "Hey there beautiful, please take a hike." That's how it all starts. Ugh. No creeper stories yet, but I'll be sure to share!

camocutie: Welcome! Don't be shy!

SoMuch: I think I'll have an easier time with OKC this time around because I have absolutely NO good expectations from it. I haven't gotten anything too hilarious yet. I'm waiting. I do get a lot of african american guys that message me, though. Yeah, that's just not my type. Asians all around, please! It's just a culture thing, I guess. All your food sounds amazin. You're making me hungry and it's not even 8AM!

cheeriloos: Congrats on the 4 pounds!

My eval went great! I got all high marks, something my boss apparently doesn't normally give. She said because it's the end of the year and we're not sure about the financial distributions of the company yet, we'd meet again in February and talk about my promotion and my raise, yay!! February is 4 months sooner than I thought it would happen!

Went out with co-workers last night to a bar downtown where they have amazing pizza! I binged, had a beer and a few slices. I don't really feel guilty, but I do feel like I'm STARVING now, which is odd because I'm never hungry in the morning! What is going on??

I think I might leave work early today and start my weekend sooner! Happy friday ladies!
Old 11-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #118  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Jmko: Thank you! I think you're hungry because you ate all those carbs last night , and beer. I get like that too if I eat some stuff like that at night time. I started a new program ( RFL by Lyle Mcdonald)on tuesday I'm gonna try to keep it up till I stall then go back to my regular routine(Metabolic Research Center). I gotta get off here and get my house in order Have a great day!
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #119  
bee

S/C/G: 265.5/240/160

Height: 5'7"

Fattiude: I haven't checked it out yet, but it is on my to do list. I am so freaking sick of school taking up every ounce of my time. erg.

JMKO: That stuff is def not cheap! I'm glad you're rid of him, anyone like that is just way to immature and lame. And it's ok. I kinda prefer Hispanic men. Though, I am not Hispanic and most are way short for me.
----------------------------------------

The Mary Kay party was a lot of fun. I got to hang out with actual people that are A. not dating me. B. that are female and C. that aren't related to me. It's so weird, in highschool, I had a huge group of really close friends and then drama happened. I swear I do not make this up, those girls were the most dramatic people I have ever met.

Anyways. I had so much fun, that I am thinking about starting something with Mary Kay. Not too soon maybe next month or something. I don't really NEED a job but it would be nice to have income that wasn't student loans, ya know? And it would def help me graduate sooner!! Because I could take summer classes that aren't in my loan budget! I think I could cut a semester or 2 off my time.

Have a good weekend my friends!!
beahawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:41 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Bea- Glad you had fun! You can come hang out with me in NE Ohio if you want, lol.

I was going to say something else, which is why I clicked on this thread in the first place, but apparently working out killed the brain cells that contained that thought. Day 2 of having my butt kicked by that recumbent bike. *crawls over to bed*

I'll be back when I remember!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote