Old 10-29-2012, 09:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 179/162/120

Height: 5'3

Default Insight gained!

Hi guys,
Literally had a dieting epiphany over the weekend. I met up with a friend that I haven't seen in a while and she has managed to lose 3 stone since last November, I mean she looks amazing! After this meeting I started to feel a little annoyed because this was her first time dieting and she had managed to reach her goal why wasn't it me?!(a long term dieter) but then I just thought maybe that's the problem I've been dieting so long that maybe recently I've just been doing it to say I'm dieting almost just going through the motions rather than sucking it up and going through the hard slog that is successfully dieting just like my friend did! So I've decided to take it more seriously and if she can loose the weight in one year, more than which I need to loose, then I can do it too! Motivation has been gained whoop! Xx
lilypad91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #2  

Just wondering if anyone else has had a dieting epiphany or has gained the motivation to spur their weight loss further by a friend? X
Old 10-29-2012, 09:51 AM   #3  

Height: 5'1

Wow, that is an amazing achievement to your friend. Well done to her. And great motivator too. My friend has lost a stone in weight and I've been struggling with mine since I started in June. It was a great motivator to me to think if she can do it - so can I and that I need to hang in there. Sometimes I get a little annoyed that I lose so incredibly slowly but then I think that I will get there. The 9lbs I have lost has made a difference - probably due to my height! I've dropped a dress size and am forever getting compliments from neighbours and friends. The other night actually my friend was trying to get me to take off my blazer to show off "my new figure" as she said in the dress I was wearing. I think for me, it has always been the compliments I get that keep me going. Because if people are noticing, I know I'm doing a good job!
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #4  

Yeah I'm so proud of her! I just wish mine was quicker however seeing her amazing achievement spurs me on! I agree it really is the compliments that make you feel amazing! X
Old 10-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #5  

Height: 5'1

I'm the exact same - I wish mine was faster too. But you can't win the all! We just got to look how at far we have come so far - you are doing great yourself and continue to be positive.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote