3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   20 Something Profiles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/266461-20-something-profiles.html)

GingerKibble 02-02-2017 09:33 AM

First name: Kelsey (any nickname is good tho)

Geographical location: South London

Marital Status: Co-Habiting

Children/Ages: None

Pets: 2 royal pythons, 1 corn snake (which we are quite scared is actually a milk snake XD), 2 tarantulas, 3 crested geckos and a lot of invertebrates

Hobbies/Interests: Make up, singing, animal care, video games

Height:5'6

Eye/Hair Color: red/blue eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I actually started about 2 years ago, got nowhere, so 2nd Feb 2017 is my official start date.

Starting Weight: 187

Present Weight: 187

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Will power. Boyfriend is very much into fatty foods (he's super skinny) so I tend to cave in.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Never used a support group so if I go down, letting you all down with me.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am about to volunteer with the bird keepers at my local zoo

Susanrox13 02-06-2017 03:56 PM

First name:Susan

Geographical location:Idaho

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages:11/9/7/3 and 1 month

Pets:1 cat, 2 dogs

Hobbies/Interests: sports,music and makeup

Height:5'6"

Eye/Hair Color:brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:1-16-17

Starting Weight:277

Present Weight:280

Goal Weight:170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Not eating out so much. We have a very busy schedule, my kids and husband play sports and we are busy with them pretty much 7 days a week. As soon as I'm done working is normally straight to practice or a game. Then by the time we are done it's almost bed time. So we normally are eating out a lot. Also I have horror will power, I give into my cravings. Not to mention I have a HUGE sweet tooth!

Following any specific plan:Not really, just trying to make better choices and count my calories. I also want to workout at least 5 days a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I'm done having babies. I have no more excuses.

RachelMarie 02-27-2017 11:57 AM

First name: Rachel

Geographical location: Bruce County, Ontario, Canada

Marital Status: In a relationship

Children/Ages: No

Pets: A morkie named Millie

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, cooking, swimming and netflix.

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Green eyes, Brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 22 2017

Starting Weight: 190.4lbs

Present Weight: 178.9lbs

Goal Weight: 140lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: It's hard for me to pass up on junk when it's around and my boyfriend is a type one diabetic so we always have sugary foods and juice, He's also on the pump so he doesnt have to watch what he eats(he still should, but that's not happening anytime soon) so he's always eating junk food and the most frustrating part is he never gains weight! Possibly because of his height(6'7") but still! lol

Following any specific plan: Going to the gym Mon, Wed, and Fri 6am-7am

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Every other time I've tried to start working out I was under 150lbs so I was never very motivated to actually change anything.. I think seeing myself at 190lbs really made me realize I have to do something about it

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not at the moment.

Keika 03-03-2017 02:58 AM

First name: Amanda

Geographical location: Japan (but native to the US)

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: 0 (and hating it)

Hobbies/Interests: Singing (and music in general), acting, video games, reading, writing

Height: 5'10"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown hair, hazel eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 17, 2017

Starting Weight: 202

Present Weight: 180

Goal Weight: 150 (but first, 170 by April 9... that's the first big goal)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Being in Japan. I'm far away from home and severely miss my comfort foods, and am constantly surrounded by super high-carb Japanese food. Second biggest hurdle is exercise. I hate it.

Following any specific plan: Just hydrating, eating healthier and less, and exercising every day.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm FOR SERIOUS this time, YO. Also I was cast in a volunteer musical that opens on April 9, and I don't want to look like a whale on stage.

Anything else you would like to share with us: :carrot:. That is all.

kpmomofthree 03-13-2017 05:11 AM

First name: Keilah or Kp for short

Geographical location: Texas

Marital Status:married

Children/Ages:1-5 yr old girl 1-4yearold girl and 1-11week old boy

Pets: nope but i love pets

Hobbies/Interests: netflix and music.

Height: 5 3

Eye/Hair Color: brown and black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:3/13

Starting Weight: 250

Present Weight:250

Goal Weight:150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:My mindset in getting support

Following any specific plan: not yet.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I just had my son. I want to male sure Im around for all 3 of them

gmacbby 03-21-2017 06:11 PM

First name: Gianna

Geographical location: Bay Area, CA

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: no kids!

Pets: sadly, no

Hobbies/Interests: distance running, hiking, dancing, enjoying sunny days in the city!

Height: 5'3

Eye/Hair Color: blue, blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:goodness, it's been a journey my entire life

Starting Weight: heaviest around 155

Present Weight:138

Goal Weight:118

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: consistency, not binging

Following any specific plan: nope

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: sick and tired of always yearning to weight less. i joined this forum and am signing up for a marathon to try and stay consistent and on track.

Letsgetschwifty 03-22-2017 08:58 AM

About me

First name:Kaitlyn

Geographical location:Buffalo

Marital Status:single

Children/Ages:no children

Pets:a yellow lab, shiba inu, and one cat

Hobbies/Interests:music, biking, DIY stuff

Height:5'3

Eye/Hair Color:blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:today

Starting Weight:180

Present Weight:180

Goal Weight:140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:stability. I go in extremes, I'll diet and exercise like a mad woman for weeks, miss a day then be upset, so I binge eat for another week or so. I need to find some sort of middle ground and keep working so I don't get caught up in disappointment.

Following any specific plan:I will be resigning up for Nutrisystem.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I'm moving to a more stable place in my life and have the time to devote to bettering myself.

Anything else you would like to share with us:

I.wanna.be.cute 04-22-2017 02:18 PM

First name: Lorena

Geographical location: Spain

Children/Ages: no children

Pets: no pets

Hobbies/Interests: music, reading, writing, travelling, learning languages

Height: 5'3

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 4-17-2017

Starting Weight: 220 lbs.

Present Weight: 220 lbs.

Goal Weight: 127 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: not cheating, my friends like to go out for dinner every week and they like fatty foods, it's hard to watch them eat pizza or chinese food while I eat salad or chicken breast. Second hurdle: exercise, I have back pain and it hurts even worst after exercising.

Following any specific plan: my endocrine's diet and exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I never expected myself to weight this much, it was a shock. I am serious about losing weigh this time. I need it, my health needs it.

Anything else you would like to share with us: That's all.

flying_unipig 04-22-2017 02:33 PM

First name: Esther

Geographical location: London, UK

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none, and really missing some furry company!

Hobbies/Interests: travelling, art, people, reading, hiking (but lately been too unfit for it :( )

Height: 5 ft 8

Eye/Hair Color: brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: today, I guess... 22/4/17

Starting Weight: 210

Present Weight: 210

Goal Weight: 163

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: right now it's lack of motivation. I'm pretty good at losing weight, when I'm in the right mindset. Now I'm not, but I'm very worried about my weight, and know that I should be losing weight... I just don't really feel like it... :(

Following any specific plan: calorie counting, preparing meals at home

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've always done it alone. Now I feel I really want a support network

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm usually more upbeat. Feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment...

FitBritt 04-27-2017 01:32 AM

First name: Brittany

Geographical location: Washington State

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: I have two wonderful step daughters Keira 14 and Kylie, 12 and one of my own Paige 8

Pets: 2 cats - Vader and Katniss 1 dog- Riker

Hobbies/Interests: Chat, drink coffee, watch movies, cuddle my kid, golf, get creative, rec softball, bowling, hiking, camping

Height: 5ft 8in

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 4/23/2017

Starting Weight: 242

Present Weight: 238

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating regularly, being active on a daily basis, increase my emotional intelligence to prevent binge eating.

Following any specific plan: I'm broke but decided to get a trainer. I respond well when other people are expecting things from me. I lift with her 2 days a week. Legs on Tuesdays and chest/back on Thursdays. I do yoga/bodyflow two times a week. I try to get 20-30 min of extra movement each day. Meal plan requires that I meal prep and eat most of my food before 4pm. Bonus, I get to eat a surprising amount of food!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: It is a lifestyle change. I am trying to do a little in all places of my health.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm feeling excited to start my adventure in the midst of people in the same situation as me!

rachface 05-05-2017 12:57 PM

First name: Rachel

Geographical location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Marital Status: Living together

Pets: My childhood pet cat still lives with my mum!

Hobbies/Interests: Art, crafts, and reading

Height: 5ft 1in

Eye/Hair Color: Brown Eyes/Blonde Hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 01/Feb/17

Starting Weight: 175.5lbs

Present Weight: 143.5 lbs

Goal Weight: 110lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Dealing with emotional eating. Whether it's to celebrate something great, or to fill some sort of void, I have used food for far too long as a way of managing my emotions. I want to start viewing food as just a fuel for my body, but find it difficult to do so.

Following any specific plan: Maintaining a calorie deficit by logging everything I consume on My Fitness Pal. This also involves weighing and measuring everything I consume. I plan to start running and hope to run my first 10k in 12 months time.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have managed to stick to it much longer as it is more of a change in lifestyle than a diet. If I seriously want a takeaway pizza and absolutely nothing else will do - I'll have it! The difference is I'm not having it EVERY time I want it and I adjust my consumption to fit treats in.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I used to be very slim until I was around 20 when I suffered a traumatic bereavement. My emotional eating got out of control as I used food to deal with my grief. I've got to a stage where I can't go on like that anymore and undersand being healthy will bring me more hapiness in the long run.

chrissycross 05-06-2017 11:37 AM

First name: Christine

Geographical location: California

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 1/9

Pets: 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests: I enjoy gardening, cooking, hiking, reading, and hanging out with my family.

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Dark Hazel/Medium-Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: April 18, 2017

Starting Weight: 204 ish

Present Weight: 196

Goal Weight: 105-110

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Getting overwhelmed and just giving up

Following any specific plan: I am not following an particular plan per say but am following certain guidelines. I am calorie counting, sticking to moderate-low carbohydrate, and limiting dairy consumption

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am actually sticking to it. I also have created a calendar book with customized motivational phrases at the top of each month to help me push through. I am going on a trip with my daughter in September and I am using that as a goal to hit.

Anything else you would like to share with us:I am clarifying that although I stated that September was my goal date, I'm not looking to hit a certain weight or size by than. I am just looking to continue eating healthy and workout until this period of time. I want to feel good and not get so tired. I plan on continuing my journey after September but realized a concrete date is something I need.

RunningRedHead 06-20-2017 01:48 PM

First name: Kayla

Geographical location: Upstate NY

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: 12 y/o pug named Billy and a 2 y/o golden/rottie mix named Loki

Hobbies/Interests: Music, reading, walking the pups, travel and hanging out with friends (looking to get into some more active hobbies like hiking, kickboxing, and other fitness classes).

Height: 6’0”

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/strawberry blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 5/23/17

Starting Weight: 290

Present Weight: 279

Goal Weight: 175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Emotional/boredom binge eating and accountability

Following any specific plan: No added sugar, no bread, more whole foods and logging everything with Fitbit and a MyFitnessPal. To start C25K after 3 weeks of consistently meeting my step goal.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is the first time that I won't have the stress of school as a factor (although I am sure there will be other stressors to take its place). This time around I feel I have more support and a more clearly defined plan. Also, joining and participating in the 3FC community adds a level of accountability I haven’t had in the past (still working on being accountable to myself).

Chesney 07-03-2017 11:07 AM

First name: Chesney

Geographical location: Williamsburg, VA

Marital Status: long term relationship

Pets: 2 dogs! I love them so much! :)

Hobbies/Interests: Reading (when I have time), crochet, hiking with my dogs

Height: 5'0

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 6/1/2017

Starting Weight: 132

Present Weight: 126

Goal Weight: 110

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Motivation and finding time. Right now I'm off for the summer and am using all of my extra time to include more exercise and clean-cooking in my daily routine, but its difficult to keep up when I'm working and going to classes during the school year.

Following any specific plan: PIIT28

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have SO much time to spend focusing on it!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm looking for an accountability partner to check in with once per week to reflect on any daily successes and failures. If you're interested in connecting, please let me know! :)

Lovindapeace 07-03-2017 05:33 PM

First name: Alyssa

Geographical location: Illinois

Marital Status:
In a relationship, eventually getting married, but in no hurry.

Children/Ages: Monica - 4/30/2013. Madison - 4/15/2017

Currently Stay at Home Mom

Pets: None :(

Hobbies/Interests: Music is my passion.

Height:5'11

Eye/Hair Color:
Brown/Currently a burgundy on my natural brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:
7/3/2017

Starting Weight:

Present Weight:

Goal Weight:

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: After having my daughter, I immediately got onto the Depo shot. It has only been a few months since she was born and I weigh more now than I did when I was pregnant :(

Following any specific plan: Not currently. Going to be starting to watch portions and within this next week I will be cutting out pop.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Last time I went from 240 to 175 I was active almost all the time. The only time I wasn't moving was when I was sleeping. Now as a stay at home mom, activity level is so low and I am trying to figure out how to increase that.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I look forward to joining this forum and having support from people looking to do the same thing I am!