3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   20 Something Profiles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/266461-20-something-profiles.html)

alucio 03-03-2015 02:13 PM

20 Something :)

First name: Alaina

Geographical location: Michigan

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: None

Pets: One cat and One bunny

Hobbies/Interests: Painting, poetry, and writing

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown for both

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 7/2013

Starting Weight: 220

Present Weight:256

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not being so hungry, sticking with exercise, and staying away from unhealthy foods.

Following any specific plan: No, I have herbalife, but I think it makes me too hungry because that's all you're allowed to eat for two meals a day.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm getting married and I really want to start a family within the next couple years. I know that in order to have a healthy pregnancy I need to get in shape first, plus I want to look good on my honeymoon!

Anything else you would like to share with us:
I think I'm going to try our local Jazzercise class tonight. We will see how it goes!

Halloween_Hellion 03-03-2015 02:52 PM

First name: Andrea

Geographical location: Earth. Specifically: Ontario, Canada

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: Nada.

Pets: German Shepherd: Tesla, HuskyX: Pandora, Tabby cats: Poe & Loki, Ball Python: Tofu, Leopard Gecko: Beans

Hobbies/Interests: Running, Baking, Drawing, Painting, Sculpting, Sewing, Puzzles, Riddles, Cosplaying/Crossplaying, Videogames, Horror movies... Other stuff.

Height: 5'4"

Eye: Blue & Brown (Central Heterochromia) /Hair Color: Varies. Right now a combo of black, red + purple, and blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February 11, 2014

Starting Weight: 165 lbs

Present Weight: 160.2 lbs

Goal Weight: 117 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I have been struggling with sleep walking and sleep eating for the past few years, often once a week. Also what would be described at night eating syndrome most nights a week.

Following any specific plan: Counting calories, trying to keep the output higher than the input. Exercising.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm not going to starve myself this time and suffer the eventual rebound.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I suffered with an eating disorder/disordered eating from the age 17-23, where I was heavily restricting my calories, exercising excessively and the beginning years also included purging through vomiting. After trying to recover and live a life not obsessed with the food, and calories I woudn't allow myself to have, I ended up flipping completely to the other side of the spectrum and basically binging my way up to my highest weight ever (165lbs). I hate the lack of energy I have now, I hate how it makes me feel, I hate how I'm afraid to show myself to anyone who knew me a few years ago when I was thin..

I want to get down to a healthy weight in a healthy way this time, and not go over board like I once did.

Savemykissesx 03-11-2015 10:33 AM

First name: Danielle

Geographical location: Massachusetts, USA

Marital Status: Single, but with a boyfriend of 6 years

Children/Ages: None yet! Except my furry babies!

Pets: Lots :) I have 3 dogs, 7 cats, 2 bunnies, 2 ferrets, 2 guinea pigs.. and some hamsters :) All rescues!

Hobbies/Interests: My passion is for animal rescue and animals in general, I like to write, read and of course who doesn't like to watch TV? I like crafty things, too, stickers, keychains! Polymer clay.

Height: 5'1

Eye/Hair Color: Brown. x2

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I am going to start fresh today so 3/11/15

Starting Weight: 208

Present Weight: 207

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: FOOD! For me it's self control.

Following any specific plan: I just joined Weight Watchers.. excited about it

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am going to stick with it... the 200's is a scary place to be, and I've never been here before and I do NOT want to stay for long!

morgabeth 03-13-2015 04:38 AM

First name: Morgan

Geographical location: CT, USA

Marital Status: Engaged

Occupation: Social Worker, Sexual Vic. Crimes Asso., Methadone Counselor

Pets: Sasha, my lovable snobby cat and Shadow, my equally lovable destructive cat

Hobbies/Interests: Political activist, Marijuana Rights and Regs Activist, and I love Video Games

Height: 5' 7"

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 3/1/15

Starting Weight:270

Present Weight:265

Goal Weight:170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not eating out, I eat out almost everyday for lunch or dinner because of my work schedule (but this is no excuse)

Following any specific plan: Alli weight loss plan with home exercise bike.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am the biggest I have ever been except this time I can actually do something about it. In the past I would lose weight quickly through unhealthy means and gain it back two-fold, this time I plan on loosing it progressively and adjusting my entire lifestyle instead of just doing a quick fix.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am very fun but extremely shy, I have a hard time joining groups to address my issues but now seems like a good time to start.

kahaney 03-17-2015 03:34 PM

New 20-something! Hi Everyone!

Hi guys! I am new here, so thought I'd come here and fill this out...see if I can meet any cool new people! It's always good having support when trying to lose weight...so here I am!

First name:
Kesinee

Geographical location:
NY, NY, but originally from Canada

Marital Status:
I have a boyfriend I am very happy with!

Children/Ages:
0...someday!

Actor/Singer/Dancer and gymnastics coach!

Pets:
None...I'd love a big dog someday when I'm settled!

Hobbies/Interests:
Acting, singing, dancing, reading, travelling, board games, rollercoasters, bowling, playing around in the gymnastics gym... :)

Height:
5'1"

Eye/Hair Color:
Green eyes, and brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:
March 9, 2015

Starting Weight:
157lbs

Present Weight:
149 lbs

Goal Weight:
110 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
Keeping up the willpower to stick to my diet plan

Following any specific plan:
Scaresdale diet, and consistent exercise!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
I am doing it for myself, and I am in a much more healthy frame of mind than the last time I tried to lose weight...which ended up in an eating disorder...so here I am, trying to do it with support, to remain accountable, and to do it in a healthy way! Dieting doesn't mean you have to be starving!

Anything else you would like to share with us:
I am just really excited to be doing this! I would ideally like to get to my goal weight by July 26, 2015 as I start a musical theatre contract as Princess Leia in a Star Wars musical and would love to be a lot leaner! Come introduce yourselves! I'd love to meet you!

Kesinee

lilmonstervictoria 03-23-2015 01:14 PM

Deja-Vu?

I think I posted here quite some years ago, maybe not, but I am here again so lets go! :)

First name: Victoria

Geographical location: Southern Arizona

Marital Status: Single as a pringle

Pets: Olliver, my fat bratty cat (he's on the weight loss bandwagon too)

Hobbies/Interests: Dance, swim, hanging out with my friends, hiking, running

Height: 5' 6"

Eye/Hair Color: blue and green/currently red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 3/20/15

Starting Weight:181

Present Weight:180

Goal Weight:130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Soda. I know I have a caffiene addiction because of the soda I drink, and I'm trying to stop the soda altogher

Following any specific plan: Doing Weight Watchers points right now, will start the meetings in April.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Starting this is the most I've ever weighed, and I vowed to never get above 180, well I'm here and I'm trying to get rid of it. I want to be sexy for me, not for anyone else.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am studying and training to go into the Coast Guard so that I am healthy to start with, and not struggling to make it in boot camp.
I also am an avid fitbit user and am always looking for friends to do competitions with, I track my steps, my calorie burn and my water intake the most. If you want to be fitbit friends send me a message! :)

MeaganR 03-28-2015 12:05 AM

New here :)

Hey guys, I'm new to this website and thought I'd post my profile. I'm looking forward to meeting some new friends to help me through this journey.

First name: Meagan

Geographical location: Missouri <3

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: A Jack Russel named Princess (:

Pets: see children

Hobbies/Interests: video games, reading, writing, music, all that stuff

Height: 5'3.5"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown hair, brown eyes.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 24th, 2015 (originally I lost over thirty pounds in the spring of 2012 and was my smallest of 129, but that was all gained back after summer of 2013 and I've kept packing on until now)

Starting Weight: 203

Present Weight: 200

Goal Weight: 130 (and to work on toning when I get there!:) )

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Doritos. Oh man Doritos. And being a junk food vegetarian :^:

Following any specific plan: I'm watching my calories and use my fitness pal (1200 cals), obviously staying vegetarian because that's my beliefs, and daily workouts (right now being a ten minute morning workout and Billy Blank's Tae bo at night. Billy Blank's helped me lose 30 pounds in the past :) )

I have more weight to lose and I am older. I was in high school then and being an adult now changes how my weight has filled out. I would also like to be a smaller size. (: I also have my husband doing this with me this time!

JigglyFluff 04-06-2015 02:24 PM

First name: Savannah

Geographical location: Alabama

Pets: One cat

Hobbies/Interests: Books, video games, movies, internet things

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 31st

Starting Weight: 270 lbs

Present Weight: 268lbs (thought idk if it's just water weight or not)

Goal Weight: Ideally I'd like to be normal sized... but I'll settle for 200 right now

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Depression and general ignorance about healthy food.

Following any specific plan: The don't eat too much and work out as much as your joints will let you plan.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've never had the need for clothes really, but now I do, and I can't find things in stores that fit me!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm super awkward, so if I say something offensive/rude to you, I'm sorry. I don't always know what's socially appropriate.

goldengirlamy 04-06-2015 06:11 PM

First name:
Amy

Geographical location:
Sunny Florida

Marital Status:
Married for 3 years and going strong!

Children/Ages:
1 girl, 5 months

Special Education teacher

Pets:
2 dogs, one german shepherd/husky mix and a golden retriever

Hobbies/Interests:
Baking, Reading, HGTV addict

Height:
5'6

Eye/Hair Color:
Brown/Red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:
4/6/2015

Starting Weight:
Unknown, around 200
Present Weight:

Goal Weight:

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
Self-discipline, staying on track

Following any specific plan:
Eating fresh healthy food and exercise when I can

I have a baby which rules my schedule and keeps me busy

ketobride 05-03-2015 11:31 AM

First name: Olivia

Geographical location: Georgia

Marital Status: Engaged! Getting married in December <3

Children/Ages: No babies for now!

Pets: None right now

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, trying to learn to crochet

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Brown eyes and hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: April 16th, 2015

Starting Weight: 187

Present Weight: 176 (was 174 but started snacking during finals week :( Starting back today).

Goal Weight: 125 (possibly 135 depending on if I like how I look in a bathing suit)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Refraining from eating "bad" foods when they're offered or given to me.

Following any specific plan: Low carb ketogenic lifestyle

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: When I make a mistake and have cheated I don't go back into my old lifestyle. I try to just do better the next day and keep on going. I've also incorporated walking and some strength exercises this time.

Bluebell25 05-07-2015 04:01 PM

Hello :)

First name: Sophia

Geographical location: Massachusetts

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: I have lots! :)

Hobbies/Interests: Animals

Height: 5'11.5"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 5/5/15

Starting Weight: 289

Present Weight: 287

Goal Weight: 165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Emotional and boredom eating and the fact that I get discouraged easily

Following any specific plan: Not at the moment

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel motivated! I don't think I was very serious about my efforts the last few times I tried to lose weight.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you! :)

sydneymarisa 05-09-2015 03:43 PM

First name: Sydney

Geographical location: Ontario

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: Currently babysitting a cat for the summer :)

Hobbies/Interests: Design, Art, Walking, Cooking

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes and dark brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: On and off for months...we will say I starting being more diligent May 3rd.

Starting Weight: 194

Present Weight: 190 (Was 188.6 yesterday but gained after a night out)

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I had anorexia at 14 years old and the starvation habit still lingers to this day. It's hard to learn to accept that the weight will come off slowly and not overnight like it did when I was sick. Also, the anorexia developed into binge eating which is where I gained weight, so it is hard to stop binge eating too.

Following any specific plan: Just calorie counting with exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is my first time being single and independent in about five years. I am also finished school and no longer feel the need to "stress eat". I just have a lot of freedom right now.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm very self conscious about my weight which is makes me shy around new people, so I am really excited to have found this forum where no one will judge anyone for their weight or appearance. It's a great support system.

alyrh 05-09-2015 04:39 PM

I am almost 95.3% sure I've posted this before BUT I have left and changed and so I figured why not post.

First name: Aly

Geographical location: Grand Rapids, Michigan!

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Not ever

Pets: Spartacus - British Blue

Hobbies/Interests: Anything having to do with the outdoors I love. I really enjoy reading psych journal articles and keeping up with celebrity nonsense as well haha

Height:4'11"

Eye/Hair Color: Black hair and dark brown eyes

Starting Date of (Healthy) Weight loss Journey: April of this year

Starting Weight: 200.8 lbs

Present Weight: 200 lbs

Goal Weight:125 lbs.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: My unhealthy thinking patterns and want for binge/purge behaviors.

Following any specific plan: No, I'm just going to be hitting the gym, staying active everyday and keeping a good handle on my nutrition.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I think I have realized my unhealthy thinking patterns and make sure that I am always aware of what I am going through in my head.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm always hoping to find new friends in the weight loss community. They help encourage and motivate me in my own personal journey!

charbreaker 05-22-2015 09:15 PM

First name: Charlotte

Geographical location: Bay Area, California

Children/Ages: None!

Occupation: Currently unemployed, though finishing my certification to teach English as a foreign language (TEFL). Someday my college degree will come in handy. ;)

Pets: Bochy (my 10-month half dachshund, half chihuahua)

Hobbies/Interests: Reading everything I can get my hands on, cooking, hanging out with friends, wine tasting, writing, listening to music, Zumba

Height: 5' 6"

Eye/Hair Color: blue eyes, brownish-blonde hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This is a tough one. I've been wanting to lose weight for nearly my whole life, and I've yo-yo-ed quite a bit. My most recent start (and hopefully the lasting one!) was mid-March.

Starting Weight:155 (most recent starting weight...highest was in the 170s)

Present Weight:139.5 (THIS MORNING! WOOHOO!)

Goal Weight:125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Carbs and Mexican food. Rice, bread, tortilla chips, burritos, tacos; it's a challenge to give up! Snacking too. Comments also get to me quickly too. Some people do the 'oh well, you look fine how you are!' which is frustrating. On one hand, I appreciate the comment, but aren't I the one in charge of my own body? Shouldn't I be doing what is right for me and what's healthy for me?

Following any specific plan: Not really. Mostly clean-eating, drinking plenty of water (I was NOT doing this at all before, and it's been a key in the last few weeks), and hitting the gym as well as doing workouts at home.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Since I've last started to really try and lose weight, things have changed slightly. I don't have much of a sweet tooth (which has helped immensely) and I've stopped drinking soda (8 months free!). I've also become more self-disciplined and I've got more internal motivation. :carrot:

Anything else you would like to share with us: INTJ. Slytherin house. Self-professed wine snob and coffee snob. Live and breathe Harry Potter. Doing the Sizzling Summer 2015 challenge, hope to see some of you there! If you ever want a support buddy, send me a PM; it's always nice having more support.

Best of luck to everyone!

Ambience 06-02-2015 01:15 PM

First name: Angela

Geographical location: Australia

Marital Status: Defacto, 58 year old man has stole my heart :)

Children/Ages: 2 girls; 4 and 5

Pets: Spoilt black and white fluffy cat, and I had 2 whippets with my ex hubby whom I see regularly

Hobbies/Interests: Mountain climbing, birdwatching, I have a huge collection of perfume, motorcycling, shooting

Height: 162cm (short!)

Eye/Hair Color: Green eyes, blue/black/purple hair which is waist length

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Probably at 4 or 5 years old

Starting Weight: 135.5kg

Present Weight: 84kg

Goal Weight: 65kg

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Insecurity about my changing body. I had a tummy tuck and it's made the desire for perfection incredibly strong. I've also been in/out of bulimia which is impossible to escape from

Following any specific plan: Nope.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Accountability

Anything else you would like to share with us: Will edit this later..