Old 08-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175.6/Ticker/143

Height: 5'4''

Default So.. I was doing great!.. But then..

Lately I've been so stressed that Im at the point of being nauseous. I've also been bored, pissed off, upset and also been tired A LOT lately. For different reasons due to relationships and work.

But the problem is. When its like this, I EAT. A lot. And its actually something I've just realised too. When things get hard. I eat. Which explains a lot. I've been feeling sick so many days lately, because I ate WAY too much.

My questions is; how do you all handle this? How do you get past this? and get control over the situation? I dont wanna gain back all the weight I've just lost..
Any suggestions to what I can do?

Thanks.
Eurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #2  
Delectable Inside + Out

S/C/G: 163.3/132.8/100

Height: 5'00

We too often forget that psychological well being is equally as important as physical well being. I would suggest evaluating your relationship and work scenarios, and figure out what is in your control, that can be changed and or adjusted. The less stress, the less strenuous you'll feel, and less prone to unpredictable and uncontrollable behaviours. If there are events occurring in your personal life that you cannot control, take a breather, acknowledge that, and then work on positive and productive ways to remain on track (whether it be losing weight or maintaining a certain weight). Try yoga or walking when stressful situations pop-up, instead of resorting to opening the fridge or putting food in your mouth. Do you have a support system outside of 3FC that you can rely on when your morale is low? A friend is great to get out with and get involved in care-free activities that can reduce stress and take your mind off of food and eating in general. Best of luck.
Pudgebrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Have you tried channeling your frustration/stress into exercise? Running or boxing or weights, following by some meditation and yoga?
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

#storyofmylife

I'm with pudgebrownie. You gotta deal with those emotions. The Beck Diet solution helps too. It deals with the cognitive part of weight loss.
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I just wanted to say that I think the first part of combating it is realizing that you are doing it... so I think you are on your way to getting it under control. Also, sounds like you got some great advice here already
basquegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 175.6/Ticker/143

Height: 5'4''

Thanks guys for the advice. I'm sure I'll figure this out
Eurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/164/132

Height: 5'5

I did the same thing until I moved to a place and refused to get a television! lol! It was a super hard adjustment at first but then not having that destraction made me pay attention to what I was putting in my mouth.

The key for me was definitely to pay attention to what I eat, as I eat it.

And NEVER hear yourself saying "I can eat this today, because tomorrow I'll..." as soon as you hear that voice in your head, it's game off.
1yr2mkovr is offline   Reply With Quote