3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   August chat thread. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/263999-august-chat-thread.html)

namaste984 08-28-2012 10:39 PM

Katbot- OMG such pretty buildings! My boyfriend is Catholic too. :)

Tree bee- Way to go, that's awesome!

Hotaru- Hope you feel better soon! I bet it feels nice though to have good friends like that at your job. :)

Fattitude- Glad your meds are working for you! And congrats on the triathalons, I am doing a short-track triathalon through the gym I frequent in January or February 2013 if all goes according to plan.

------
Well, it has been kind of sucky since I chatted last, I suppose. I went off-plan for a few days, not technically on purpose. What happened was that I had a mix-up with my doctor's office and all my prescriptions got suspended for a week. I had all of them except one, and coincidently that one, as well as doing what its supposed to do, suppresses my appetite significantly. So while I was off that med I managed to go back to around 223-224. To say I'm angry is an understatement. I feel like all my effort has been for nothing.

On a lighter note, I started on the C25K W3D1, redefining for me the meaning of a hardcore workout. It was super hard, I was literally holding onto the treadmill siderails and running, because it had been a sucky week and I wasn't going to let the treadmill beat me. Long story short, I finished on jelly legs, and I made it. :)

That's about all I got right now. Hope everyone has a great day/evening.

Hotaruchan 08-28-2012 11:30 PM

Katbot: I hate cities and crowded places...I get horribly frustrated in Tokyo because I walk pretty fast generally and NEVER can there because there are too many people walking horrendously slowly (and never in a straight line so that I can pass them on the off chance that I spot a gap). I went to the Ueno zoo a few months ago and that was nice, but most of the city is entirely too crowded for me to be comfortable.

Kendal: Now that you say that, they founded a branch my senior year, but they laughed in your face if you weren't a music major and tried to join. Marching band has its own sorority/fraternity. At most places both are co-ed, but at my school Kappa Kappa Psi was strictly guys (more because they were jerks than anything) and Tau Beta Sigma only accepted one guy in the 4 years that I was in the band. I really didn't have any interest in fraternities or sororities because aside from marching band taking up at least 6 days a week, the Japanese major at my school was one of the most credit-intensive majors available. Of a starting class of hundreds, I only either 10 or 12 of us graduated my year and of those, there were only 2 of us that graduated on time (then there was crazy me, who did it with honors on time).

Namaste: I know the frustration thing...I've been puking, and growing up any time we were throwing up my mom told us 2 things: 1: eat bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast while drinking all the gatorade or flat soda that you can keep down and 2: stop whining like you're going to die or I'll let it happen and your little brother gets all of your stuff when you die. So carbs EVERYWHERE. I don't generally go near scales when I'm sick, but I imagine that I'm not going to like what I see when I get back on after. Good job with the C25k though...I can't convince myself to run unless I have something to chase because it bores me to tears.

SoMuchFattitude 08-29-2012 07:39 AM

Hotaruchan - yes, she is incredible excited. She's taking an online (based out of Chicago) class that certifies her to teach ESOL in Japan and she just finished an interview with a company that would place her there.

Katbot24 I was born and raised Catholic, though I no longer practice, but understand the pain of confirmation classes. lol! Is your fiance' a practicing Catholic? And cheese is too dangerous for me. I could eat cheese all day long.

beahawkins Congrats! :carrot: 20 pounds is so exciting! And yes, they are very little sneaky, life ruining monsters. haha!

Tree bee WB and congrats!!! :carrot:

KendalGreen3021 Yes, too many yummy goodies. I'll try to behave; we'll see. If you exercise, try changing what you're doing or cross train, it might "wake" your metabolism back up and get you going again.

namaste984 Woohoo to your first tri! They're addictive!!! What's the distance on a short track? I do sprints right now (1/3 mile swim, 15 mile bike and 5k run.) I'd ultimately like to an Olympic/International distance tri, I think. What is w3d1? Also, it's not for nothing because I'm sure previously you wouldn't have gotten back on track. This is a journey and it takes time. Don't be so hard on yourself! Life happens. :)

----

I have a sore throat, my nose is stuffy and I'm exhausted despite sleeping 9+ hours last night. I don't do being "sick" well. I have a crazy, busy weekend coming up and cannot afford to get sick. On top of it, I'm in heavy training mode for this upcoming bike race/tri and can't take time off to deal with getting sick. /whiny fit.

Good Morning Ladies! :)

namaste984 08-29-2012 11:08 AM

Hotaru- Sounds like my mom. My mom's lovely but she definitely has that attitude of: If I'm fine, so are you, so shut up. Thankfully I've been okay health-wise, but around October I tend to get nasty respiratory stuff so give it time. I'm running a 5K in October so I'm sort of guessing something will go wrong. :)

Fattitude- That's a short track, pretty much. The only difference is that mine does a 0.33mi swim/10 mi bike/3 mi run instead of 15 mi. I have been threatening myself with a triathalon for years now so I will be excited when I finally do it. :) C25K W3D1 means "Couch to 5K: Week 3, Day 1." :) I'm training for my first GloRun, which is a night run where you dress up in blacklight clothes and get glo paint and glo tubes and other things beginning with glo, and you do the run and then there is a party afterward. I heard about it through FaceBook and it sounds super fun!

-----
Good day so far. It has only begun though. I'll keep you updated. :)

SoMuchFattitude 08-29-2012 12:43 PM

namaste984 Ohhhhh ok. So, you swim in the pool, bike on equipment and run on the treadmill? I'll warn you though, if you ever decide to do one outside be sure to practice open water swims. It's 100% different than the pool and I never realized that until my first tri. LOL! Good luck!

This "GloRun" sounds fun! We have "the Color Run" here where you wear all white and they throw colored cornstarch on you. I'm too weird about being dirty/having things on my face to do it, though. LOL. I can barely stand the feeling of sweat when I workout and wear headbands to soak it up.

Quiet Ballerina 08-29-2012 02:10 PM

SoMuch That Labor Day event sounds great. It's really admirable that so many people work together for a cause like that. (and wow. that sounds like a ton of food)

hotaruchan I hope you start feeling better soon! That sounds awful.

namaste Great job with Cto5k! Beat that treadmill!

Last night was awesome! My aunt was in town for work, and she took me to dinner. Made mostly good choices, but still indulged. Wish today was Friday...Wednesdays always feel like Fridays for me. :) But at least I don't have class tonight! I'm sleepy.....

namaste984 08-29-2012 02:48 PM

SoMuch- Yep I know the Color Run, they do it here in StL too. :) I don't know if I could do that, I don't like having things thrown onto me, especially if they're cold. Plus they get in your eyes/nose/hair and I just can't handle that, lol. Ironically, sweat doesn't bother me as much. It's gross but it cools you off after you're done running. Plus they keep my gym ice-cold so it feels especially good afterward.
Yup, triathalon is in the pool, stationary bike, and treadmill. I would reckon myself pretty brave to do outdoor swimming, especially in a highly-trafficked area. You might come out with a third arm and leg around here. Unless, of course, it was in an outdoor pool. :)

QB- I beat that treadmill like it owed me refund money, lol. :) Thankfully I managed not to faceplant like I was in an episode of The Biggest Loser.

SoMuchFattitude 08-29-2012 03:03 PM

namaste984 I do what I call "mock tris" in the gym because it is SO different. lol. I thought I was going to die my first tri, but now I'm hooked. I actually wrote about my first tri here at the bottom, if you're interested. Yes, I need it like -13 degrees when I work out, preferably. lol

Quiet Ballerina Yay for mostly good choices. I've found this journey to be 80% routine and 20% sh*t happens. Nothing ruins your Friday quite like realizing it's Wednesday. ;)

beahawkins 08-30-2012 12:14 AM

hey guys. I need your insight. I'm taking 18 credit hours this semester. It's my first full time schedule in a really long time and my first max credit hour ever. Today was my third day and I'm already completely drained.

I don't actually need the extra 6 hours right now. But I want to take the because they are free credits and are offered at my schools main campus and m.c. costs double of my campus. So, it's kind of cool. And I like my classes there and even have a friend in one, kind of, I know her name at least lol.

But I'm watching my homework and reading list build and after 11 hours on campus today I am freaking out. I just don't feel like I can do all of it and make good grades. I don't want to burn out. But I feel like I signed up so I should try at least. And other people think so too. But not my parents they just want me to pass no pressure on the credit load.

I feel like if I do this I'm going to eventually stop working out and getting healthy is just as important to me as graduating is.

Anything you have to say is appreciated. : )

SoMuchFattitude 08-30-2012 07:40 AM

beahawkins - You know yourself and your habits best. If you ultimately know that it was cause you to slip back into an unhealthy lifestyle, then I'd drop some classes.

Besides, graduating college in 4 years is like leaving a party at 9pm. ;) (Or at least that what I told myself. It took me 5.)

beahawkins 08-30-2012 08:19 AM

lol... It'll be way over 4 years. But at this point it's like what's the difference between 2.5 more years and 3. Esp. when you add in grad school? Thanks.

katiekish 08-30-2012 10:13 PM

bea - know yourself! if you get burnt out your grades will suffer. there is noooo rush at all to finish! i took 6 years for my undergrad and took a year off in between. Just know your limits and know there is no rush!

beahawkins 08-31-2012 12:12 AM

Katiekish: thanks. It's what I needed to hear. I do know my limits and I shouldn't need my opinions backed up by other people. blah! I need to learn to stand on my own. : )

Katbot24 08-31-2012 01:29 AM

@Fattitude: fiancé is Lutheran, thankfully our priest seems pretty chill about it.

H-chan: yeah I can see how crowds can be bothersome in....well....most of Japan. Have you had a chance to go see Asakusa? It's still crowded but the amusement park is awesome.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm finally losing again, which makes me happy, with only 5 months left to go before dress day, I'm nervous if I can get enough done. We ordered some awesome shoes for my fiancé the other day - in my culture you have to wear leather soled shoes on your wedding day because you kneel at e altar and everyone can see your soles. Since leather soled shoes cost an arm and a leg anyway, we decided to have some fun and get him a pair of two toned black and white shoes which look really snappy and he can wear later on too. Here's the link to them:

http://www.allenedmonds.com/webapp/w...40000000001_-1

For my shoes I'm going with a pair of red soled Christian louboutins (one of the cheaper models, not the 3000$ ones), so excited!

Jon, my fiancé, will also be done up in a Victorian-esque long tuxedo and cravat, like this:

http://www.mooresclothing.com/mor/tu...duct=WDRO1_F12

The idea for the wedding is glam new year's wedding. My "dream" dress is this one:

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.a...eywordType=All

But I'm afraid I won't be slim enough to pull it off in time :(

We looked at the ballroom in the hotel, we chose one with a marble foyer in front of it where we can have a cocktail hour before the reception begins. We're doing a cash bar, but will serve champagne punch for the guests at the cocktail hour and, of course, a bottle of wine on each table (pink) and a bottle of champagne (also pink!) for midnight aka new year's. It's all coming together, I'm starting to get excited!

SoMuchFattitude 08-31-2012 07:04 AM

Katbot24 - I Love his tux!!! The dress is super pretty, too. Not sure why, but the shoes were blocked. haha! Marble makes for stunning pictures. I got married in an old historic courthouse that is marble from floor to ceiling and the pictures were stunning. What are you colors?

----

OH FML. Today was weigh day and I was up 3lbs. WTF? No clue why. So frustrating, but this is a journey and not to happen in one weigh in. My diet and exercise were solid this week, and that's all that really matters. I'm sure it was probably a fluke. The only thing I can think is that my calories may not be high enough with the exercising I'm doing. This week I've tried to only eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full....perhaps I need to eat like I was. Regardless, I took off 10lbs for the month of August even with my 3lb gain. I'll take it. :) I do plan on weighing again tomorrow just to see if it was a fluke. (I can be extremely obsessive in an unhealthy way with weighing in so I limit to once a week.)

Tomorrow starts an absurdly busy weekend with Pork-A-Pocalypse arriving. My husband picked up the shirts for people yesterday and they look AWESOME! Tomorrow morning I'll get up, bake SF, FF cupcakes, go to Jiggle It, pick up the cookie cake, grab some ice and then go to my brother's shower/get ready and just enjoy! I'm very excited! I'm also hoping to get some pics! Yay!

Happy Friday, Ladies! <3