3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   August chat thread. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/263999-august-chat-thread.html)

KendalGreen3021 08-22-2012 10:57 PM

Thanks for the welcomes!
Beahawkins
I have been on the Leptin Resistance Diet for going on 3 weeks and I have lost 12lbs so far. When I first looked at the food list, I thought it would be the hardest thing ever. You cant have sugar, artificial sweetener, dairy, or anything white. The weirdest thing ever, but I'm never hungry, and I don't crave those things anymore.

beahawkins 08-22-2012 11:35 PM

Kendal: Woah. that sounds really difficult. So, basically vegetables and protein? Good job on the 12lbs!!

Iconised Ghost 08-23-2012 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KendalGreen3021 (Post 4445652)
Beahawkins
You cant have sugar, artificial sweetener, dairy, or anything white.

Does that include things like egg whites, turnips, parsnips, rice, grains, onions, nuts, mushrooms, fish, tofu?

KendalGreen3021 08-23-2012 06:32 PM

Beahawkins
yeah, my mom told me about it and I took one look at the food list and said, "youre out of your mind". But the first day after breakfast, I didnt get hungry until 3 pm and i didnt crave the things that werent on the food list. it happened that fast!
Ghost
off the list you gave, i can have egg whites, onions, tree nuts (not legumes, so like almonds and walnuts are ok. no peanuts! they are really adamant about that), shitake mushrooms, and fish. so i guess i lied a little. some of the things are technically white lol.

katiekish 08-23-2012 10:33 PM

Wow, Kendal... that's amazing! I'm going to give that a try for September.

KendalGreen3021 08-23-2012 11:05 PM

katiekish
If you google it, avoid the pages that say anything to do with Jack Kruse. His system is weird. If you have trouble finding a food list, I'd be glad to post it on here. :)

SoMuchFattitude 08-24-2012 10:53 AM

Hello Hello!

Just your average 28 yr old woman taking off weight with a good sense of humor. I write about my journey where I essentially calorie count and stay away from processed/refined foods.

I do triathlons so training for them is essentially my workout routine.

I've lost 106lbs with about 69lbs to go.

Quiet Ballerina 08-24-2012 01:38 PM

Sorry for the delay...

katbot Smart move. pinterest is a little addictive. :) But that's okay.
Awesome news about your mom and the dress $. Very nice of you to let your mom come with you dress shopping. Ring is very pretty. :) Food sounds yummy!

beahawkins I agree! I'm from further south, and when I tell my guy friends that I end up paying the majority of the time, they are shocked.

namaste 5:30 for classes? *faints* No thank you. I'm trying to work my way up to waking up at 5am so I can work out in the morning, and I'm just not sure it's going to happen.

preetylady Don't beat yourself up over exercise! Doing ANY exercise is better than sitting on the couch munching junk food, right? :)

Kendal Welcome! That diet sounds a bit too challenging for my taste, but congrats on the loss so far!

SoMuch Welcome! Triathlons? Wowza!

I am SO glad it's Friday. I had a really, really dumb moment a little while ago though. :( I was trying to detach a piece of frozen quiche from another piece using a knife....and I snapped the tip off of the knife! It wouldn't matter if I was at home...but I'm at work!!! I feel like such a dummy for breaking their knife. I already bought a new one online, and I'll just have to explain it to the dad when he gets home tonight. I know they won't be mad...but still...ARGH! SO dumb of me.

Also, I was supposed to have plans tonight....but it's looking like there's a chance they're going to fall through...which is such a bummer....

At least it's the weekend. Some homework to do, some cleaning to do, but mostly time for myself.

MaddieBPhoto 08-24-2012 02:35 PM

Hi girls!

I've been on & off 3FC for a few years. Back at again, trying to lose my final 10lbs. My original goal weight was 148, but I'd like to get down to 139 before we try for another baby in a couple of months. I started TurboFire on Monday & I'm loving. I'm down 2lbs since beginning & I feel very sore, but I really enjoy it. I hate working out, so I'm surprised to say that. I'm keeping my calories between 1200 & 1400 per day & drinking tons of water. :)

Glad to be back!

Katbot24 08-24-2012 02:46 PM

So Much: Welcome! You seem like you'll fit right in here. And good on you for triathlons. I would die.

Kendal: That diet is intense! I'm struggling just to stay low carb, I can't imagine the willpower yours takes.

Madison: I hate working out too, maybe I'll look into TurboFire...good luck on 139 AND 'nother baby!

QB: Frozen food is EVIL, I almost broke my wrist trying to wrestle two frozen chicken boobs apart one time. Also boo on plans falling through, I hate that.

----------------------------------------------------------------

So I was planning to get my dress in March. Think again - the place says February is the ABSOLUTE latest I can order it if I want it to be fitted to me by the seamstress. I have 6 months to lose at LEAST 40 but preferably 60 lbs, that's 10 lbs a month! That's HUGE for me! I've been doing about 5 and haven't budged this month at all :(. So I've cut out as all processed carbs, starchy veggies, yogurt and fruit (nooooo! fruiiiiit!!) from my diet. I'm going lean meat, leafy veggies and healthy fats for the next 6 months. I secretly hope my body goes into ketosis. I know it can be unhealthy but my dad is an MD and I have a lot of medical knowledge myself from my degree so I can monitor myself pretty well and it really would help >.>;;

I climbed on a stationary bike for the first time ever today....Oh MY GOD does my butt hurt now! And my legs feel like Jell-o (mmm jell-o). I think I've found my alternative to running (which I HATE doing but works super effectively for shedding pounds for me) I'll try it this month alternating with stair climbing and lifting and see how it goes. If I don't see any really good losses, I'll grudgingly run.

Yay for novels.

beahawkins 08-24-2012 03:50 PM

SoMuch: Way to go! I have thought about doing a triathlon, but I think I would want rather join with someone.

Quiet Ballerina: What part of the south. My family is all over the place down there.. Do you nanny? Hope your plans firm up!!

KatBot: I am trying to picture someone fighting frozen chicken. The picture is awesome. Ewww bikes. I feel like they are the worst right after eliptical and treadmills.. so I guess not really THE worst... I get maybe a 3rd of the calories on a bike that I would want to do in an hour. I use this thing called the arc trainer. It's a lot like an elliptical in looks, but I don't like eliptical so I am not going to say it's like an elliptical. Oh my man. 30 mins gets your 500calories (my goal burned calories) on level 6. It's my fave. Apparently I can't spell eliptical the right way either and I don't like the way it looks spell checked...
----------------

Well. I am on my 3rd antibiotic in less than 2 months. yay. and to top off yesterday I came home to a bill from my last college. They said that they removed my financial aid from spring and summer so I owe them $4,000. For a reason that makes absolutely no sense. Ridiculous!

But on a good note!! I am 15 pounds down!!!

namaste984 08-24-2012 08:23 PM

QB- I know, right? The class is at 7am but I couldn't go in there without a shower and makeup, plus the college is maybe a 15 minute drive from my house depending on the traffic lights. Thankfully, the class is a lot of fun.

Katbot- Good luck on the weight loss! Sounds like you have a good plan going there. Stationary bikes are fun, I use a recumbent bike which has a wider seat and puts less stress on my knees. My dad has a workout bike down in the basement that he uses religiously but it totally kills my butt and knees so I rarely use it. It totally gives me jello legs too, lol.

MadisonAve- :welcome: Good luck with TurboFire, I have seen the infomercials for it and it looks like tons of fun, the music sounds super crazy and peppy. Congrats on the weight loss!

----
My life has been crazy as of late, been a blur of traveling to and from the college, homework and notes, and on the run eating. I have been losing steadily though, lost 4 lbs this week, much to my surprise.

This weekend my boyfriend and I are headed to Illinois to pick apples from an orchard, we did it last year around the same time and it was a lot of fun. He is in school now too, and also has an early morning class.

Well, I don't have much new to report. Hope everyone has a great day/evening.

Hotaruchan 08-24-2012 09:56 PM

So out of it this month...I've been at 160.something for 2 days now...can't wait to kiss that 6 goodbye forever...then take off another 5 lbs because HOLYCRAP6MOREPOUNDSPUTSMEATANORMALBMI! Since I've been on vacation, I've only lost about half of what I've lost in each of the past two months this month, but at least I haven't managed to gain...hopefully I'll be back to my normally scheduled butt-busting once school starts again next week...

Also, feel free to call me a nerd, but this week is entirely depressing because band camp is starting at my university...I miss marching band SO much...that and band camp involves working hard from 6 am until often 11 pm...so I'd be burning a ridiculous number of calories. I went to a store to buy a mattress today and they were playing "My Way" over the intercom and I almost flipped out because that was a super important song for my band and the former director (RIP, Mr. Parks :( )

Nice to see new faces--welcome aboard and good luck!

Ballerina: I'm just glad that you didn't get hurt when the knife snapped. I would have immediately gone into panic mode because I have an extreme fear of hand wounds after sustaining tons of them as a kid...THAT was fun when I was working on the Target flow team and had to use box cutters every day...

Katbot: You can do it! 40 lbs seems like a lot, but somehow my super-hypothyroid, PCOS-y butt has lost almost that much in 4 months...as you're way more awesome than I am, I'm positive that you can do it! I think a lot of mine has been due to biking everywhere, so hopefully the stationary bike will work its magic on you too.

Bea: Awesome job hitting 15 lbs! Keep up the good work!

Namaste: 4 lbs in a week? Nice! Apple picking sounds fun...there were orchards close to both places that I used to live in the US, but unfortunately they don't seem to be as common in Japan...fresh-picked apples are the best.

KendalGreen3021 08-24-2012 10:25 PM

SoMuch
Welcome! 160 lbs is an awesome achievement! Way to go!
Quiet
I hate looking forward to something and it doesnt work out :(
Madison Ave
Welcome back! Best of luck when you start trying!
Katbot
You'd be surprised how your body acts when its getting what it needs. I havent had cravings other than coffee. Its so strange seeing and smelling food I would normally want but I don't. Thats never happened to me before. I'm assuming youre talking about a wedding dress youre trying to lose for. My weight wasnt what i wanted it to be at my wedding but you will look back on that day and your pictures and think "I looked so beautiful" no matter what. :)
Beahawkins
I feel ya on the financial aid situation. i have soooo much student loan debt. Congrats on your 15!
Namaste
Congrats on your 4 a week! Have fun on your apple picking trip!
Hotaruchan
you're so close! you can do it! you're a better woman than I not gaining weight on vacation.

well today was a pretty normal day, not much to report. Weigh-in at work in the morning for our biggest loser competition. Wish me luck!

beahawkins 08-24-2012 11:26 PM

Hotchuran: Band camp was great! I only marched freshman year because my director was so douche-y that I tried to have him fired. But band camp was awesome and I think I lost 10 pounds that week. Even though I left band that year, I still hung out with the band geeks. Even after I transferred schools. (shows how geeky you are when the cool kids offer you a spot but you gravitate towards the geeks) WAY TO GO!! 6 pounds left! That is awesome. I didn't know you were hypo. Sometimes I just want to punch my thyroid. I'm on day 4 of Amour.. pig thyroid kind of tastes like porkgrinds and chalk..

Namaste: Woah!! 4 pounds! Congrats on your first week being over!! Apple picking sounds fun!

Kendal: good luck tomorrow!!! are you guys playing for a prize or just to be healthy?
------------
Something funny happened yesterday. There is a park across the street from my house. I was babysitting my brother and needed to get out of the house. On the way back he wanted to race. Surprisingly, I kept up with him. He's a fast little kid. I was even in the lead for a second. In that time, he looked up and said "Your butt's jiggly" I about died laughing. If he was any older I would be upset but he's 4 so it's funny! I'm just excited that I kept pace with him!!!