Old 06-18-2012, 09:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/150/130

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Default Not doing too well..

I do not know what is up with me lately. I am just so tired. I have no energy and my head is also starting to hurt. I pretty much stick to my diet.. I will admit that we cut back on fresh veggies and I have been opting for cereal (special k with 1% milk usually) and healthy sandwiches. I usually eat fruit for lunch and breakfast... I just feel like complete crap! I think I may also be a tad depressed.

I need to set some mini-mini goals for myself! I need to continue to say NO to things.. like those darn pita chips in the cabinet and hummus dip. I need to up my fresh fruit and start to make sure we exercise every day. I think because I haven't been going to exercise every single day maybe I am losing some energy there? It was just too much... we exercise at least 4 days a week now.. ideally 5 days a week.. but sometimes it rains or we have to go grocery shopping. I used to exercise 7 days a week. I told hubby we need to take the weekends off to relax and do fun things with the kids.

Another thing is.. I feel like I am cheating but I am not. I feel like I am in a funk and not doing what I need to do.. I guess my routine is starting to become my "new lifestyle"? Because I hardly ever cheat... there really is not much more I could do diet wise.. sure, we could exercise even more..but really we do pretty good there too.

I am totally just in a funk and depressed. Any tips on something I could do to help me out?
Ash2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Are you getting enough water? I know when I lack in water I tend to get tired and un motivated. Our bodies are weird try not to let this get you too down, and push thru
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:06 PM   #3  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

This will sound odd...

Thyroid issues? At all?

See a doctor and have a test before you assume. But I recently found out I had thyroid issues. I was tired, constant head aches, stressed, depressed and ... well... *cough* constipation, unatural hair growth and acne like crazy, *cough*

I got tested, got medicated and suddenly.. no head aches, tired feeling went away, other issues started to clear up and the depression seems to have subsided.

I KNOW... different for everyone. Which is why see a doctor. Honestly though, it REALLY helped me. I didn't think I was even that tired until I took the medication.

Also, depression hits a lot of people. It sucks and it does make you tired. Maybe talk to someone for a while or find something that can motivate you. I have no real advice on that one because I went to counseling and it's amazing what that did I have no idea what the price of it is either (my scholarship pays for the insurance that pays for the counseling... so it was "free" for me... by free I mean working my tail off meeting scholarship requirements and taking advantage of the things it pays for).

Also, perhaps water, or checking iron levels? Are you getting enough Na and K?
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:06 AM   #4  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

How many calories are you eating per day? Is it too low? did you recently drop them down?
Regarding counselling, I'm sure there should be free phone counselling you can access in your area. Lots of areas also have cheap counselling options for people who would struggle to pay for it too, but there might be a long wait list unless you are urgent. There's lots of good information online about depression too, one website I often recommend is http://www.depression.org.nz/ This website also has a self-test that might help you determine whether it is depression or not that you are experiencing (but of course, dont take it as gospel, if you think you need help- go get it!) But note the phone numbers on that website are for new zealand

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 06-19-2012 at 02:07 AM.
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/150/130

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Thanks I am feeling a little better today. I talked with my husband, it made me feel a little better. My big issue, I had a ectopic pregnancy.. everything turned out okay, well okay meaning I didn't need surgery or anything.. but we lost the baby. It was a very hard thing for me to go threw and I still struggle with my choices that I made. Every so often, when I ovulate I feel a lot of pain on that side. I am guessing it is scare tissue.. My doctor told me that I was more "sensitive" so that is why it hurt. I really feel like other than some meds that I do not want to be on, there isn't any way to fix it. Sadly, I do not ovulate on opposite sides every month so it is a surprise when it happens. Really sucks. It bothers me so bad..

I have also thought about thyroid issues. My entire family has issues.. my mom, dad, and little brother all do. I need to go see the family doctor and ask about it. Oddly enough, I am eating more calories than normal. But, I thought that would help. My usual breakfast and lunch consists of nothing but fruit. Lately, I eat cereal and a sandwich. I do need more water though!! I haven't thought about that.. I usually fill my water bottle up twice and lately I have just been getting something when I was thirsty. I will try that.

I have thought about a seeing someone and I will if it gets bad enough. I have struggled with the whole ectopic thing for years now.. so it isn't anything I do not usually overcome.

Thanks for the replies! It helps. I do not really have anyone other than my husband to talk to.. I have two friends, but one doesn't get it and the other one is pregnant, has a toddler and works full time.. so I do not want to bother her with my issues.
Ash2007 is offline   Reply With Quote