Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 06:25 PM   #1  

Angry Hi Everyone

Just wanted to say hello,

I am new here. 23 and just out of college I have found myself with a big of change in lifestyle. Nothing drastic here and no huge weight problems- I actually don't weigh myself but just try and go by what I feel is healthy etc. I try and eat a balanced diet, drink lots of water, and maintain a healthy exercise program- b/c I know that that is what works best. I guess I just wanted to come here to see what was going on and find a little support advice when I need it- but wanted to say hello first. Looking forward to talking with you all about what works, etc...
Old 03-25-2003, 12:41 AM   #2  

Welcome! Sounds like you already have a good idea on what works for you - that's great!

It was very strange for me to finish college and go from a fairly active lifestyle (so much walking!) to one that was almost completely sedentary (desk job in front of a computer).

Hope to see you around!
Old 03-25-2003, 05:28 PM   #3  

wow...thanks...its nice to know that there are others out there that are on line with you

and yes...it is hard going from college to working...b/c all i do is sit. and it is frustrating to loose all that activity. i guess thats what i am really stuggling with the most. how to get the time to eat healthy and work out. i mean i know what i need to do. but i just gotta do it!!
Old 03-26-2003, 01:49 AM   #4  

Monique offered some great suggestions. I definitely found myself very antsy the first month at work and feared gaining weight with the inactivity and constant eating out. I ended up finding out whether my place of work had a gym (it does and it's free!) and joining a masters swim program so I could force myself to exercise. I also found it helpful to refuse going out to eat so much and to pack a healthy lunch (cheaper and better for you).
Old 03-28-2003, 12:04 PM   #5  

Thanks again...these are all such great suggestions. I guess what I need to do is to start just enforcing more of a balanced and regular schedule. (Understanding that a candy bar or some chips everyonce and a while are fine) esp. if I am eating balanced and trying to be more active. I am interested in those stretches you have for someone sitting at a computer desk...
Closed Thread